• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America's Team is and always will be attached to the Cowboys and no hater can take that away.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America's Team is and always will be attached to the Cowboys and no hater can take that away.

Correct. They can try to apply any metric they want to it, but everyone knows that if you say Americas Team then they know who you are talking about.

We should come up with a metric on what actually qualifies as "the worldwide leader in sports" and say someone besides ESPN owns that title. It would mean about the same.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of the America's Team thing but to me, trying to take that title away from the Cowboys is like trying to take Airness away from Michael Jordan. Yeah, the Cowboys haven't been good since the 90s but the Cowboys earned that name by being a consistent playoff threat, Super Bowl contender, having a fan base throughout the U.S., and always being on national TV. Because they are no longer that consistent playoff team and SB threat, does that mean it should be taken away from them? In the 2nd 3peat, it was clear Jordan couldn't get up like he used to, but we still called him Air Jordan or his Airness. When Jordan joined the Wizards, did anybody try to take his name from him? It's Jordan's name and always will be just like Mr. Clutch will always stay with Jerry West even though he only won one ring and other players such as Jordan, Magic, Bird, proved to be more clutch than him. It's the same with the Cowboys. People may not like it, but it was a nickname given to the Cowboys when they deserved it. You can't take a name away just because they longer deserve it because if that's the case, we should take every name away. Let's start calling LeBron His Airness. See, it doesn't even sound right...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of the America's Team thing but to me, trying to take that title away from the Cowboys is like trying to take Airness away from Michael Jordan. Yeah, the Cowboys haven't been good since the 90s but the Cowboys earned that name by being a consistent playoff threat, Super Bowl contender, having a fan base throughout the U.S., and always being on national TV. Because they are no longer that consistent playoff team and SB threat, does that mean it should be taken away from them? In the 2nd 3peat, it was clear Jordan couldn't get up like he used to, but we still called him Air Jordan or his Airness. When Jordan joined the Wizards, did anybody try to take his name from him? It's Jordan's name and always will be just like Mr. Clutch will always stay with Jerry West even though he only won one ring and other players such as Jordan, Magic, Bird, proved to be more clutch than him. It's the same with the Cowboys. People may not like it, but it was a nickname given to the Cowboys when they deserved it. You can't take a name away just because they longer deserve it because if that's the case, we should take every name away. Let's start calling LeBron His Airness. See, it doesn't even sound right...
Yep, like it or not Dallas has been tagged America's Team and others trying to pull it sway is ridiculous.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a smart move. Guessing little to no guaranteed dollars or Signing Bonus and not a big contract. So an easy cut if he no longer looks the part.
Am I remembering correctly to state that if he is on the roster week one his contract becomes guaranteed for the year?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a smart move. Guessing little to no guaranteed dollars or Signing Bonus and not a big contract. So an easy cut if he no longer looks the part.
Am I remembering correctly to state that if he is on the roster week one his contract becomes guaranteed for the year?

No details on the numbers on spotrac yet.

Durant was pretty good for us in 2014 until the injury. Don't know if he is the same player still, but if he can give us that kind of production, I think our LB corp will be just fine.

Pretty excited to see what Hitchens can do at MLB this year - I think that is his best position.

Lee - Hitchens - Durant could be a pretty good trio if Hitchens and Durant play up to their 2014 levels.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Hitchens. I was so high on him seeing him play year one. Looked like a future Pro Bowler to me. Last year I was a little disappointed. But I agree on Mike being his best spot and hope he starts there. I remember two plays in particular year one when he stuffed the hole and changed the game - think one was 3rd and short and the other 4th and short. And regardless of your thoughts on whether or not the play in the playoffs was PI...it was great coverage.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Hitchens. I was so high on him seeing him play year one. Looked like a future Pro Bowler to me. Last year I was a little disappointed. But I agree on Mike being his best spot and hope he starts there. I remember two plays in particular year one when he stuffed the hole and changed the game - think one was 3rd and short and the other 4th and short. And regardless of your thoughts on whether or not the play in the playoffs was PI...it was great coverage.

Yes, I remember those plays well. It probably was a PI on that play vs the Lions, but still the Hitchens played well.

I think we will see Hitchens at MLB this year. I think Lee is at WLB for good, don't think the team wants him to take anymore punishment than he has to. And Durant played very well for Marinelli at SLB in 2014, I'm guessing that's where he will start out. Just my $.02

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys DE Randy Gregory Facing Longer Suspension After Another Substance Abuse Violation
Nate Bouda 8 mins ago Cowboys Leave a comment

Adam Schefter and Todd Archer are reporting that Cowboys DE Randy Gregory had another violation of NFL’s substance abuse policy and is now facing a longer suspension.

• ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that Gregory has entered a treatment facility and is not expected to report to training camp this week.
It was clear that Gregory was a major risk for an NFL team to take on last year, which led to him dropping to the end of the round two, even though he was viewed as a top-ten talent at the time.

However, this has gone even worse that the Cowboys thought and it seems like his playing career has quickly become an afterthought.

Gregory received a four-game suspension back in February for a violation of the NFL substance-abuse policy. He failed four drug tests, per the NFL’s drug policy with the first violation coming at the combine.

Gregory, 23, is in the second year of his four-year, $3.814 million contract that includes $1.404 million guaranteed. He stands to make a base salary of $525,000 for the 2016 season.

In 2015, Gregory appeared in 12 games for the Cowboys and recorded 11 tackles and no sacks.

This is about as dumbass as they come

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they calling him a Cowboy?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a role of the dice that will crap out. I know he cost next to nothing to keep, but if he's cut I'm not going to complain. Looks like Josh Gordon 2.0

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that additional violation will put him n stage 4 & a single violation from being suspended for at least a year.

I am so glad the Cardinals passed on him at the end of round 1 when both the steelers & broncos jumped in front of them to grab the guys the Cards wanted.