• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason Mock

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then it is dumb and doomed to fail. The head coach always has authority over both sides of the ball. That is how accountability works...one person is ultimately responsible for the success of a team on the field. You mean to tell me the other 31 teams will run a traditional style of coaching staff but we are going to pilot a new model? Geez...I can't wait!

So if EB wants to run the triple option, Rivera will give him the thumbs up and let him call 5 flea flickers in a row?

On draft night, when the Commanders are on the clock, EB will submit the pick of Anthony Richardson with the 16th overall pick and then tell Rivera later?

Or with free agency, EB will send an email to Rivera and tell him the team has 5 million left in cap room because he has personally signed 5 offensive free agents because he wanted to?

Giving EB more control than any other OC in the league literally makes no sense at all and is a typical Rivera dumb move if it is true. I find it hard to believe that Rivera will literally sit back and let EB do whatever he wants and has more authority than any other OC in the entire league.

And people wonder why we are a laughing stock, haven't won a Super Bowl since 1991, haven't had a winning season in 6 years, and haven't won a playoff game in 17 years. Instead of doing what has proven to work in the NFL, we are going to come up with a revolutionary idea because we are smarter than everyone right?

And you are personally ok with this Dean?

lol. Duke you are going to blow a gasket. lol. I took it as if EB wants an offensive player in FA, RR and Mayhew will do whatever it takes to get him. If EB loves a guy in the draft and he is there and he is the BPA at a position of need I think EB will get his guy over JDR and the defense.

Keys to the offense. EB will build it and run it. Thats what I took from the report.

RR will have the authority on in game situations. Like when to call TO. Throwing a challenge flag. Whether to go for it on 4th down. Or punting or kicking a FG on 4th down. Clock Mgt and other in game situations should fall on RR for the offense and defense.

Im excited to see what happens. Im ok with EB getting the guys that he wants to run his offense the way he wants to run it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if EB wants all the draft picks and free agency signings to go on offense that’s it ?

an NFL team doesn’t run like that

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if EB wants all the draft picks and free agency signings to go on offense that’s it ?

Right, that is what I am not tracking. There is a reason why it's called the head coach. Having co head coaches makes no sense. EB should not be given a blank check and complete control over every detail of the offense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Duke you are going to blow a gasket. lol. I took it as if EB wants an offensive player in FA, RR and Mayhew will do whatever it takes to get him. If EB loves a guy in the draft and he is there and he is the BPA at a position of need I think EB will get his guy over JDR and the defense.

Keys to the offense. EB will build it and run it. Thats what I took from the report.

RR will have the authority on in game situations. Like when to call TO. Throwing a challenge flag. Whether to go for it on 4th down. Or punting or kicking a FG on 4th down. Clock Mgt and other in game situations should fall on RR for the offense and defense.

Im excited to see what happens. Im ok with EB getting the guys that he wants to run his offense the way he wants to run it.
Of course you are excited about it. We could bring in homer Simpson and you would try to convince the board it was a good thing.
You get excited about really any change and then go overboard trying to get converts. You were excited about Scott Turner and you were elated when wentz came. We told you to calm down but it didn't work.

We don't know much about EB. It work out or could not. EB has no history of free agent decision making yet you are perfectly fine with giving him those keys? I told you that was unwise with Rivera and look what happened. I think you are looking for a quick turnaround and are desperate. I am glad EB is here and I hope for the best. I can't say I am excited because there are too many unknowns. It's not like the board has been bombarded with chiefs fans singing his praises. The chiefs made no real effort to keep him and named nagy as oc immediately. He has not called plays nor has he made front office decisions but you are excited? For what reason? I brought up those questions and you accused me of being negative. Having a concern or question isn't being negative, it is being realistic. Realism is the opposite of being a Polly Anna. I am not sure you know what that means. You claim your 11 win prediction was simply being positive. Instead, you should have been realistic like the rest of the board with expectations. People would not give you such a hard time.

I am hopeful, but as long as Rivera is the gm and head coach, I don't see much changing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not all the picks. c'mon now. Look at it this way. You and your wife/gf want to go out for dinner. She wants Chinese and you want Italian. So, what do you do? You compromise and you go out for Chinese. :D:D.

That could be the EB/RR relationship.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all the picks. c'mon now. Look at it this way. You and your wife/gf want to go out for dinner. She wants Chinese and you want Italian. So, what do you do? You compromise and you go out for Chinese. :D:D.

That could be the EB/RR relationship.
That isn't reality Dean. The GM has final say period. In our ridiculous front office, Rivera has the final say. Rivera trying to compromise with EB sounds like a recipe for disaster. That is not how other front offices are run. In other words, that is not how successful front offices are run. Why not take a page out of their playback instead of making up a new coaching platform?

SMH

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is the head coach. I tried explaining this to Dean.

Just because EB "runs" the offense doesn't mean he is a co-Head Coach. EB still reports to Rivera. Rivera has control over the entire team. That is the reason he is the "head" coach and EB is the "assistant" head coach. Rivera controls free agency and the draft and has the final say on ALL football-related matters.

I don't care how it is being reported but we do NOT have two head coaches. We have one head coach who is responsible for the entire team. He has delegated offensive responsibilities to EB BUT Rivera is still responsible for the success of the offense. Again, lets say Snyder/new owner/new GM has a problem with the offensive production. They aren't going to call Rivera and Rivera is going to say "I don't know, ask EB, it's not my job and I am not responsible for anything related to the offense". Neither is Snyder/new owner/new GM going to bypass Rivera and go straight to EB to discuss offensive production.

That is NOT how the NFL works or any sport that I am aware of. You don't have two equal head coaches. EB might run the offense but he still reports to Rivera and Rivera has the authority to fire EB or give guidance where he sees fit. When it comes to the draft, Rivera isn't going to differ to EB on what he wants to do...Rivera will take the suggestion of EB (and others) and make the final decision. The same goes for free agency. Offensive free agents are NOT going to negotiate directly with EB. Their agents will negotiate with Mayhew or probably Rivera. EB will probably talk with and meeting with free agents but Rivera/Mayhew will have the final sign-off. Some of you like Dean are taking this "offensive control" too literally.

If we literally have a head coach defense and head coach offense and they have co-authority, heaven help us. We will literally get nothing done. You always have one person in control.
Good points Duke and I agree with the above. RR knows nothing about offense and while he will have input as HC, I'm certain EB will be responsible for all game planning, play calling and results of his product. Now RR might have the say in which QB starts but I believe that highly depends on who is brought in vet wise.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Duke and I agree with the above. RR knows nothing about offense and while he will have input as HC, I'm certain EB will be responsible for all game planning, play calling and results of his product. Now RR might have the say in which QB starts but I believe that highly depends on who is brought in vet wise.
I keep wondering who was the back up in KC? It appears Chad Henne was for 5 years. I would like for a Chiefs back up QB or someone familar with Reid's system brought in. I am not sure there is one now?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep wondering who was the back up in KC? It appears Chad Henne was for 5 years. I would like for a Chiefs back up QB or someone familar with Reid's system brought in. I am not sure there is one now?
You might be in luck...
Current Contract.
Contract:1 yr(s) / $2,000,000
Free Agent:2023 / UFA

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henne retired after the Super Bowl and rumor has it he could be a candidate for qb coach over Zampese

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mock
Ben Powers = (Guard) = 4 years 32 million
Jacoby Brisset Qb 3 yrs 30 mil

we tagged Payne but I would pay big bonus in such a way that his cap hit will hit 10 mil
Shaq Griffen CB 2 yrs 15 mil

draft with trade down at this point
1st Broderick Jones OT
2 nd C: John Michael Schmitz
3rd OT. Cody Mauch
4th cb jakorian bennet
5th qb Jack Haener
6th lb cam Jones
6th OG tashawn Manning
7th OG mark Evans

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mock

we tagged Payne but I would pay big bonus in such a way that his cap hit will hit 10 mil

1st Broderick Jones OT
3rd OT. Cody Mauch
4th cb jakorian bennet
5th qb Jack Haener
6th lb cam Jones
6th OG tashawn Manning
7th OG mark Evans
Love it...well done boss.

The legend continues.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mockBen Powers = (Guard) = 4 years 32 millionJacoby Brisset Qb 3 yrs 30 milwe tagged Payne but I would pay big bonus in such a way that his cap hit will hit 10 milShaq Griffen CB 2 yrs 15 mildraft with trade down at this point 1st Broderick Jones OT2 nd C: John Michael Schmitz3rd OT. Cody Mauch4th cb jakorian bennet5th qb Jack Haener6th lb cam Jones6th OG tashawn Manning7th OG mark Eva
my Off season mock

1st Broderick Jones OT
3rd OT. Cody Mauch
4th cb jakorian bennet
5th qb Jack Haener
6th lb cam Jones
6th OG tashawn Manning
7th OG mark Evans
Only question would be about LB. Holcomb is a FA, so only Hudson, Mayo, and Davis are the LB unit to my knowledge. Unless Cam Jones comes in to start in your mock?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mockBen Powers = (Guard) = 4 years 32 millionJacoby Brisset Qb 3 yrs 30 milwe tagged Payne but I would pay big bonus in such a way that his cap hit will hit 10 milShaq Griffen CB 2 yrs 15 mildraft with trade down at this point 1st Broderick Jones OT2 nd C: John Michael Schmitz3rd OT. Cody Mauch4th cb jakorian bennet5th qb Jack Haener6th lb cam Jones6th OG tashawn Manning7th OG mark Eva

Only question would be about LB. Holcomb is a FA, so only Hudson, Mayo, and Davis are the LB unit to my knowledge. Unless Cam Jones comes in to start in your mock?
Forgot Holcomb , 3 yrs 21 mil

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mock

1st Broderick Jones OT
3rd OT. Cody Mauch
4th cb jakorian bennet
5th qb Jack Haener
6th lb cam Jones
6th OG tashawn Manning
7th OG mark Evans
Pocic would be a great free agent signing as well take center away as a need

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Off season mock

1st Broderick Jones OT
3rd OT. Cody Mauch
4th cb jakorian bennet
5th qb Jack Haener
6th lb cam Jones
6th OG tashawn Manning
7th OG mark Evans

looks weird, not sexy, but something like this is probably the best for our team. having time to pass, and having holes to run through = wins