• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' Darren McFadden finally reveals the truth behind his broken elbow
He didn't drop his iPhone

Finally, a real explanation for Darren McFadden's broken elbow emerged. And it's a heck of a lot more believable than that iPhone story.

When news of the running back's injury initially broke, Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown provided an explanation that seemed too strange to be true. Brown said that McFadden tried to save his new iPhone from hitting the ground and, in the process, cracked his elbow. McFadden, though, shot down that story.

As the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported last week:

McFadden (Pulaski Oak Grove) said reports he broke his elbow after he fell in an attempt to save a dropped cell phone were untrue. He said he was in a friend's backyard after a funeral and slipped on cement near a swimming pool.

"I just slipped down and landed on my elbow," he said. "My phone was in my hand, and so people kind of put that story out."

So, I have questions: Who put that iPhone story out there? Why? And why didn't McFadden correct the story sooner? Lastly, did the iPhone survive the fall?

usatsi9309100.jpg
Darren McFadden says he didn't break his elbow trying to save his iPhone. USATSI

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' Darren McFadden finally reveals the truth behind his broken elbow
He didn't drop his iPhone

Finally, a real explanation for Darren McFadden's broken elbow emerged. And it's a heck of a lot more believable than that iPhone story.

When news of the running back's injury initially broke, Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown provided an explanation that seemed too strange to be true. Brown said that McFadden tried to save his new iPhone from hitting the ground and, in the process, cracked his elbow. McFadden, though, shot down that story.

As the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported last week:

McFadden (Pulaski Oak Grove) said reports he broke his elbow after he fell in an attempt to save a dropped cell phone were untrue. He said he was in a friend's backyard after a funeral and slipped on cement near a swimming pool.

"I just slipped down and landed on my elbow," he said. "My phone was in my hand, and so people kind of put that story out."

So, I have questions: Who put that iPhone story out there? Why? And why didn't McFadden correct the story sooner? Lastly, did the iPhone survive the fall?

View attachment 132778
Darren McFadden says he didn't break his elbow trying to save his iPhone. USATSI
Makes more sense, but considering he let the phone story simmer this long I'm in belief he did something very embarrassing or something he wasn't supposed to do, and this is all he can come up with.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes more sense, but considering he let the phone story simmer this long I'm in belief he did something very embarrassing or something he wasn't supposed to do, and this is all he can come up with.

yeah there is more to this and why did he let the BS phone story go on for weeks

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of bad news so far, but it doesn't change the fact that the Boys will win the division if Romo stays healthy, regardless...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense to me. He slipped on concrete and had his phone in his hand. So when coaches asked "why didn't you catch yourself and instead landed on your arm" he said because he was holding his phone. So technically he did slip and protect his phone, maybe he didn't feel the need to correct the story.

Who knows, but this elbow thing is a nonstory for me. It prevents any issues with Zeke lining up with the first team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I resemble that remark...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys become first NFL team to top Forbes' most valuable list at $4 billion
Twenty-seven NFL teams made the top-50 list, compared to just 20 last year

The Cowboys aren't America's Team. They're the World's Team.

Even though Jerry Jones' franchise is coming off a four-win season, even though his quarterback is 36 and has the most fragile collarbone in all of sports, even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl in more than 20 years, Jones' Cowboys topped Forbes' list of the most valuable sports teams of 2016 with a $4 billion valuation (up 25 percent). It's the first time a non-soccer team has topped Forbes' annual list since it started compiling the lists back in 2011.

According to Forbes, the average NFL team is valued at almost $2 billion. So, the Cowboys doubled the average NFL franchise. They also nearly doubled the average value of the top-50 teams in the world, $2.2 billion.

In Forbes' explanation for the Cowboys' ascent to the top of the list, it cited the Cowboys' $270 million operating profit in 2014, $125 million premium seat revenue, and $120 million sponsorship revenue. Those last two numbers led the league last year while the first led the world.

And let's not forget about the Cowboys' new practice facility, which cost more money to build than it did to construct AT&T Stadium, arguably the greatest stadium on the planet. That $1.5 billion facility, located in Frisco, Texas, features a 16-story hotel, an event center, a members-only club, practice fields, restaurants and retail stores, office space and an underground parking garage, and a 12,000-seat indoor stadium.

Take a look:

Behind the Cowboys on Forbes' list were two Spanish soccer clubs in Real Madrid and Barcelona, with the New York Yankees and Manchester United rounding out the top-five. Real Madrid and Manchester United had topped the past five lists.

In all, 27 NFL teams made the top-50 list, compared to just 20 last year. The Patriots finished sixth overall and second among NFL teams with a $3.2 billion valuation while the Redskins (eighth, $2.85 billion) and Giants (ninth, $2.8 billion) also placed in the top-10.

Check out Forbes' entire list here.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though Jerry Jones' franchise is coming off a four-win season, even though his quarterback is 36 and has the most fragile collarbone in all of sports, even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl in more than 20 years, Jones' Cowboys topped Forbes' list of the most valuable sports teams of 2016 with a $4 billion valuation (up 25 percent). It's the first time a non-soccer team has topped Forbes' annual list since it started compiling the lists back in 2011.

According to Forbes, the average NFL team is valued at almost $2 billion. So, the Cowboys doubled the average NFL franchise. They also nearly doubled the average value of the top-50 teams in the world, $2.2 billion.

In Forbes' explanation for the Cowboys' ascent to the top of the list, it cited the Cowboys' $270 million operating profit in 2014, $125 million premium seat revenue, and $120 million sponsorship revenue. Those last two numbers led the league last year while the first led the world.

And let's not forget about the Cowboys' new practice facility, which cost more money to build than it did to construct AT&T Stadium, arguably the greatest stadium on the planet. That $1.5 billion facility, located in Frisco, Texas, features a 16-story hotel, an event center, a members-only club, practice fields, restaurants and retail stores, office space and an underground parking garage, and a 12,000-seat indoor stadium.

Take a look:

Behind the Cowboys on Forbes' list were two Spanish soccer clubs in Real Madrid and Barcelona, with the New York Yankees and Manchester United rounding out the top-five. Real Madrid and Manchester United had topped the past five lists.

In all, 27 NFL teams made the top-50 list, compared to just 20 last year. The Patriots finished sixth overall and second among NFL teams with a $3.2 billion valuation while the Redskins (eighth, $2.85 billion) and Giants (ninth, $2.8 billion) also placed in the top-10.

"That's alotta dimp"

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, $1B for every win. Imagine if we went 19-0!

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look:

So this basically ends the Americas team debate right?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never really a debate, just some jealous fanbases.
True but, ESPN and even NFL Network both like to try and say Now its the Patriots are the Packers and other teams. Oh Steven A Smith too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but, ESPN and even NFL Network both like to try and say Now its the Patriots are the Packers and other teams. Oh Steven A Smith too.
Good. I always hated the name. Let someone else wear the target

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think ESPN is getting closer and closer to hearing crickets. As soon as the cop bashing started on the ESPYs, I clicked over to reruns of Law and Order lol

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they know it will drive clicks.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best circus in the world.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Sign Third-Round DT Maliek Collins, Officially Lock up 2016 Draft Class
Nate Bouda 11 hours ago Cowboys, NFL Transactions 0 Comments

The Dallas Cowboys have officially signed third-round DT Maliek Collins to a four-year contract, according to Todd Archer.

The Cowboys have officially signed their entire 2016 draft class following this move.

Collins, unfortunately, suffered a broken foot a few months ago and is expected to miss 10-12 weeks. However, Collins is expected to be ready for training camp.

Collins, 21, was selected with the No. 67 overall pick by the Cowboys over a month ago. The Cowboys had to bolster their defensive line depth in the draft, and Collins gives them an intriguing prospect to develop in the coming years. However, we’ll have to see how much this injury sets him back in his rookie season.

According to OverTheCap.com, Collins receives a four-year contract worth $3,221,152 to go along with a signing bonus of $881,152.

During his three-year college career at Nebraska, Collins recorded 86 tackles, 21.5 tackles for a loss, eight sacks, a forced fumble and a pass defense.