• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so true including hookers lol
fake-jerry-jones1.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I have to think their looking at a vet QB and need the cap space to bring him in. Now this doesn't mean a 12M one year QB, because I'm sure they want some cap space for injury replacement signings.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. They have way more cap space than any available QB or really any player would cost them before or after this move and still plenty of room to spare for anything that comes up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are using the room to go ahead and extend someone and front load the contract?
But they could accomplish the same thing by front loading the contract by $3M less

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that has anything to do with it. They have way more cap space than any available QB or really any player would cost them before or after this move and still plenty of room to spare for anything that comes up
I really don't know why they did it, maybe Jerry was just in a good mood and wanted to give away some money. I really need to find away to let Jerry I will be more than happy to take some of that cash off his hands.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know why they did it, maybe Jerry was just in a good mood and wanted to give away some money. I really need to find away to let Jerry I will be more than happy to take some of that cash off his hands.

Would be nice if they could use the cap space to find a way to get some pass rushers in the fold. Not sure where they would come from at this point however. Too bad Hardy is such a shitbag

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gregory is back to only serving a 4 game suspension. Not sure how they pulled this off.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great news for Gregory. I wonder when/if we see him this season? Can't imagine he is in great shape at this point. Read some things on the Cowboys web site indicating the team doesn't necessarily expect Gregory back this year as they want him to focus on getting clean - once and for all - and that playing football may distract him from that.

Either way, this is good news.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it seems the article I read jumped the gun and its not been reduced, so the saga continues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great news for Gregory. I wonder when/if we see him this season? Can't imagine he is in great shape at this point. Read some things on the Cowboys web site indicating the team doesn't necessarily expect Gregory back this year as they want him to focus on getting clean - once and for all - and that playing football may distract him from that.

Either way, this is good news.
Agree. I don't think he plays this yeàr regardless. Kid needs help with his life. He may be cut even if reinstated

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't think he plays this yeàr regardless. Kid needs help with his life. He may be cut even if reinstated

He does have a locker at the new facility. RoMcClain doesn't

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More for 2017 than 16, but i don't want to start another thread

Looking Ahead To 2017 Franchise Tags

December 6th, 2016 at 9:45pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The NFL’s salary cap for 2017 won’t officially be set until sometime after the Super Bowl, but based on the direction the cap has trended in recent years, we have a general idea of where it may end up. Predicting an increase of about 8.2% on this year’s $155.27MM cap, Joel Corry of CBSSports.com projects a 2017 cap of $168MM, and uses that figure to get a sense of what next year’s franchise-tag figures would look like. Although the 2017 cap isn’t yet confirmed, Corry has confirmed the amounts necessary to perform calculations using the franchise-tag formula. So while the official amounts may end up looking a little different, these should be pretty close.

Here are the non-exclusive franchise tag amounts projected by Corry, using a presumed cap of $168M for 2017:

• Quarterback: $21.395MM
  • Running back: $12.377MM
  • Wide receiver: $15.826MM
  • Tight end: $9.894MM
  • Offensive line: $14.444MM
  • Defensive end: $16.955MM
  • Defensive tackle: $13.468MM
  • Linebacker: $14.754MM
  • Cornerback: $14.297MM
  • Safety: $10.961MM
  • Punter/kicker: $4.863MM
All of those figures are modest increases on the 2016 amount, which can be found right here. The most significant increase comes at quarterback, where a new contract for Andrew Luck and a franchise tag for Kirk Cousins helped boost that figure. Wide receiver, which should see an increase of 8.4%, was buoyed by fresh deals for Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Allen Hurns.

With those numbers in mind, Corry also examines a few potential candidates to be franchised or to receive the transition tag. Cousins is perhaps the most obvious candidate to be tagged again, but Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell, Cardinals edge rusher Chandler Jones, Browns linebacker Jamie Collins, and Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul could also get franchised. For the full list, along with explanations, be sure to check out Corry’s piece, which is an interesting read.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as the Cowboys are drafting, I would be all for just locking up all of our own great young players. Maybe sign one impact defender, but who is that guy this year? Don't think I'd break the bank on Kawann Short with the way Collins has looked lately

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as the Cowboys are drafting, I would be all for just locking up all of our own great young players. Maybe sign one impact defender, but who is that guy this year? Don't think I'd break the bank on Kawann Short with the way Collins has looked lately
Even the best drafters need to get lucky to get a first year impact from draft picks. I target one pass rusher in FA and then just the same role player type we have been signing for years. We will likely lose a CB, but have Brown - maybe need a #4 or 5? Likely need a backup Safety. Need to bolster OL depth. Need to get better or deeper at WR. I can see us not making a splash again and the deeper the playoff run the less need to make one. We still have a cap problem and what we do with Romo will decide how bad our problem is next year. If he retires in March he screws us big time

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the best drafters need to get lucky to get a first year impact from draft picks. I target one pass rusher in FA and then just the same role player type we have been signing for years. We will likely lose a CB, but have Brown - maybe need a #4 or 5? Likely need a backup Safety. Need to bolster OL depth. Need to get better or deeper at WR. I can see us not making a splash again and the deeper the playoff run the less need to make one. We still have a cap problem and what we do with Romo will decide how bad our problem is next year. If he retires in March he screws us big time
If Romo retires, he will help the club any way he can....Jerry's putting him in the ROH some day. I'd be floored if he's not starting somewhere next year, maybe even here