• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll: Which 2015 Last-Place Team Has Best Shot Of Winning Their Division?
Nate Bouda 19 mins ago 49ers, Bears, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Polls, Titans 0 Comments

Yesterday, Michael Signora pointed out that at least one NFL team has won their division the season after finishing last or tied for last place in 12 of the past 13 seasons.

With this in mind, we figured we ask readers who they felt has the best chance of going worst-to-first in 2016. The pool of candidates includes: the Dolphins, Browns, Titans, Chargers, Cowboys, Bears, Buccaneers and 49ers.

Thank you for voting!

Cowboys 32%

Buccaneers 17.33%

Titans 14%

Bears 12.67%

Chargers 10%

Dolphins 8%

49ers 3.33%

Browns 2.67%

Comments (0) Create Your Own Poll

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Give LB Sean Lee Chance To Earn Back $2M He Missed Out On Last Year
Nate Bouda 21 hours ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Don Banks reports that the Cowboys have given LB Sean Lee $125,000 in per-game bonuses this year, which would come out to $2 million if he plays 16 games.

According to Banks, this will make up for the $2 million bonus Lee lost out on by missing the team’s Week 17 game last year, due to a hamstring issue.

This is actually pretty cool of Dallas, considering that Lee made the decision to not play through injury, despite the financial incentive.

Lee, 30, is a former second-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2010. He’s currently in the fourth year of his seven-year, $42.63 million contract that included $16.1 million guaranteed, and is set to make a base salary of $3 million in 2016.

In 2015, Lee appeared in 14 games for the Cowboys and recorded 128 tackles, 2.5 sacks, an interception and five pass defenses.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Pick Up $3M Of Cap Room By Reworking CB Orlando Scandrick’s Contract
Nate Bouda 1 day ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Todd Archer of ESPN reports that the Cowboys have restructured the contract of CB Orlando Scandrick on Wednesday.

• According to Archer, Dallas took $4 million of his $5 million base salary and turned it into a signing bonus to create cap room.
  • Archer adds that this move will net the Cowboys $3 million in cap room.
Scandrick, 29, is a former fifth-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2008. He is in the second year of his five-year, $20 million contract and set to make a base salary of $5 million for the 2016 season.

Last year, Scandrick suffered a season-ending knee injury and was placed on injured reserve to open the year.

In 2014, Scandrick totaled 55 total tackles, one sack, nine pass defenses, two forced fumbles, and two interceptions for the Cowboys over the course of 14 games.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mentioned that Alan Ball is available after getting cut. :dhd:

He might be better if he plays w a bad quad?

Cardinals DST | ARI
Alan Ball: Reaches injury settlement with Cardinals
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(August 30, 2016 5:04 PM EDT) Ball (quadriceps) was released from the Cardinals with an injury settlement, ESPN's Adam Caplan reports.
The 31-year-old signed with the team in early August, but had been consistently sidelined with a quad injury. He wasn't a lock to make the team anyway, though, and would have served as a depth option in the Cardinals' talented secondary.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 30, 2016 4:30 pm
Cowboys' Jaylon Smith: Placed on reserve/non-football injury list
Smith (knee) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list Tuesday, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

By adding Smith to this list, the Cowboys will effectively keep their second-round pick sidelined for the first six games of the 2016 season, though reports indicate that Smith is likely to be placed on IR once those six weeks pass. Entering the preseason, there was a small glimmer of hope that he could maybe find a way onto the field this year, but it appears the rookie won't be ready to showcase his health until 2017.

Share: Twitter Facebook
August 30, 2016 1:38 pm
Cowboys' Sean Lee: Knee injury not believed to be long-term
Coach Jason Garrett told reporters Tuesday that Lee's knee injury is not a long-term issue, David Helman of DallasCowboys.com reports.

Lee went down in Monday's practice, but according to team personnel, the knee injury that he suffered likely won't keep him sidelined much longer. While this is encouraging news by all accounts, Lee has a long history of ailments that warrant close monitoring. Dallas recently declared quarterback Tony Romo "fine" after he suffered a back injury earlier this week, but it was later revealed that he would need to miss 6-10 weeks, so while the reports that Lee's injury will not linger are certainly great to hear, it would be wise to wait and see how he performs once he returns to action.

Share: Twitter Facebook
MORE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Pick Up $3M Of Cap Room By Reworking CB Orlando Scandrick’s Contract
Nate Bouda 1 day ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Todd Archer of ESPN reports that the Cowboys have restructured the contract of CB Orlando Scandrick on Wednesday.

• According to Archer, Dallas took $4 million of his $5 million base salary and turned it into a signing bonus to create cap room.
  • Archer adds that this move will net the Cowboys $3 million in cap room.
Scandrick, 29, is a former fifth-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2008. He is in the second year of his five-year, $20 million contract and set to make a base salary of $5 million for the 2016 season.

Last year, Scandrick suffered a season-ending knee injury and was placed on injured reserve to open the year.

In 2014, Scandrick totaled 55 total tackles, one sack, nine pass defenses, two forced fumbles, and two interceptions for the Cowboys over the course of 14 games.
Why???

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure. Might be as a favor to Scandrick to give him some more money now. Not saying Scandrick is broke, but he is very underpaid in comparison to other CBs. I don't know, that's all I can think of at the moment.

It's a strange move for sure, considering we have cap room to spare prior to the restructure.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Might be as a favor to Scandrick to give him some more money now. Not saying Scandrick is broke, but he is very underpaid in comparison to other CBs. I don't know, that's all I can think of at the moment.

It's a strange move for sure, considering we have cap room to spare prior to the restructure.
How much cap room do they have, and maybe their freeing up money trade for a QB or another player via a trade.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac Dallas has a little over $12 million in cap space, which seems to include the Scandrick restructure. I don't think this move has anything to do with looking at bringing in a big salary. We had money for that already, if needed. Plus, Dallas just signed a QB.

Considering the olive branch that was just extended to Sean Lee this appears, to me at least, like a token of goodwill from the Cowboys to Scandrick.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac Dallas has a little over $12 million in cap space, which seems to include the Scandrick restructure. I don't think this move has anything to do with looking at bringing in a big salary. We had money for that already, if needed. Plus, Dallas just signed a QB.

Considering the olive branch that was just extended to Sean Lee this appears, to me at least, like a token of goodwill from the Cowboys to Scandrick.
Thanks I was to lazy to look the cap up.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they are using the room to go ahead and extend someone and front load the contract?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Showers isn't long for the team either, unless is on the PS.
True, I have to think their looking at a vet QB and need the cap space to bring him in. Now this doesn't mean a 12M one year QB, because I'm sure they want some cap space for injury replacement signings.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I have to think their looking at a vet QB and need the cap space to bring him in. Now this doesn't mean a 12M one year QB, because I'm sure they want some cap space for injury replacement signings.
Aaron Murray got cut by KC...