• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion, we may very well miss out on the best DT's in this draft, if Mayhew sticks to 3-tech DT's, there are not many of those this year in the draft, so with that possibility, why not sign 3 of those DT's you mentioned. 1 of Knighton or Dan Williams and both Mosley and Langford. Mosley and Langford would be relatively cheap each and short term contracts. If one falls to us in the DT so be it and if not we have flexibility at other positions.

4-3 base 3-tech DT's this year
Malcom Brown......................................................... 1st rd
Carl Davis (he could possibly play 0, 1 and 3-tech)....... 1st-early 2nd rd.
Michael Bennett....................................................... 2nd rd early to mid
Xavier Cooper ..........................................................2nd rd. late to early 3rd
Grady Jarrett ...........................................................3rd rd. to possibly early 4th
Teyler Davidson ........................................................4th rd. late to -5th rd
a bunch of 5th-UDFA

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Football news and analysis, draft guide, cheatsheets and projections - Rotoworld

Rodney Hudson - C - Chiefs
The Chiefs are "making a strong push" to re-sign free agent C Rodney Hudson.

With free agency just three days away, Hudson remains likely to test the open market. The top center available, Hudson is seeking at least $7 million annually. Multiple teams -- including the Raiders -- are expected to have interest in signing him. Hudson was PFF's No. 3 center last season.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
Mar 7 - 4:45 PM

BB_72 No WAY do I even consider Rodney Hudson as a FA if he's truly asking 7M per yr. Same would go to Wisniewski from Oak.... It's too much for a C...I'd take my chances with Swanson over that price. 4-5-5M max I'd think be more appropriate. Neither of these two C are that close to the level of play of Mack (Browns) and I honestly don't think Mack is worthy of avg. 8M (depending on how that contract is structured)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for tagging Suh. That being said, if we were able to land Iupati, Knighton, and Kareem Jackson, I would be very happy..
Jackson re upped today with Texans. So did Doug Free with Cowboys as he was also a name being tossed around earlier by some.

Two names scratched off the list...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a no for me on Hudson then. Drafting a G/C comes 6 million cheaper. That is 6 mill that can be spent on FA DT.

I will feel more comfortable with at least one big name FA DT. No one replaces Suh, but I would rather have a vet and then still draft a DT. IMO you can't go in to season thinking some rookie will give you Aaron Donald production year one. Does not happen every year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys want another C?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care. Shame on this regime for failing to build a winner around the greatest FA since Reggie White. His next team will, and they'll do it with solid drafting built around Suh. That's how you win championships. Windows of opportunity. Seahawks did it. Lions couldn't do it.

We peaked at the 6th seed WITH Suh. Couldn't even beat Green Bay. But we're gonna beat them now without him?

No.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't have a LG right now, so if a vet FA C could come by rather inexpensively, you could have Swanson move to LG. That solves two positions before going into draft and a Vet C has 4+ yrs experience at line calls. C is the QB of the O-Line. It would be better to have that experience there and Swanson being covered up by 2 yr starter Reiff. JMO

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of this boards affinity for olineman roulette. We have a C.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy, 1 very good FA DT and 1 other mid-level, like Mosley or Langford. This way we don't have to push for drafting a DT. once again not many 4-3 base 3-tech DT's in this draft and then not but 3 or 4 that could be of impact this yr, IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, Swanson has 1 game of NFL start at C. SO you'd just throw Swanson out there because he played 4 yrs. of College Center, was drafted to be a C and it's automatic he's to think he's going to excel. Mayhew has stated repeatedly he wants O-Line and D-Line guys who are versatile. and some degree all players on roster to have some versatility

You're better than that line of thinking.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, Swanson has 1 game of NFL start at C. SO you'd just throw Swanson out there because he played 4 yrs. of College Center, was drafted to be a C and it's automatic he's to think he's going to excel. Mayhew has stated repeatedly he wants O-Line and D-Line guys who are versatile. and some degree all players on roster to have some versatility

You're better than that line of thinking.

And you're better than to keep moving all our olinemen around every year. It never happens.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers resign Cobb 4 years 40 million.

Great teams keep their great players. Well done, Packers.

Assuming Rodgers doesn't miss any significant time w injuries, Packers have the North clinched.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulaga wants 8 million a year. Move him to C then move Swanson to LT and Reiff to DT.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're better than to keep moving all our olinemen around every year. It never happens.

Never have I said to move Warford. I'm just about the only 1 in here that wants to keep Waddle and or Lucas at RT, as they're both extremely young have shown quite a bit of promise. Mayhew has stated several times, to any Det media, that you'll know by the end of yr. 3 what you have in a drafted player, meaning whether he can make it as an NFL player. Sims I never once mentioned moving him to another position. Moving Reiff to LG was mentioned by me, along with many others in here, only if there was another O-Lineman (drafted or a FA) who could beat him out. I never once said move Raiola to another position. I did say to give Raiola this 1 last yr. to help teach Swanson.

For you to say, Suh makes every single Def player on the Lions roster better, then I see no reason as to why I can't support brining in a proven quality Vet Center, (meaning he has the experience of calling/changing line protections and has seen various NFL schemes, knows what he sees) over a 3rd round drafted 4yr. CFB Center who only has 1 start as an NFL Center.

not once have I supported any of this BS talk of spending money on FA RT Bulaga or Free or Iupati. They all want big contracts that we cannot afford. In 2014 we had the 7th lowest paid O-Line starters in the NFL. that's not going to change if we solely draft a LG and not sign a big contract FA.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions tender George Johnson, Jeremy Ross

Ross is pretty much guaranteed to be back for the 2015 season, which probably solidifies, JMO, that WR Ryan Broyles days are done in Det. I'd expect WR Fuller and TJ Jones to fill out the 4th and 5th wr.

from det. Lions.com
The team will also bring back receiver/return man Jeremy Ross on an exclusive rights tender. The Lions now have exclusive rights to Ross and he cannot sign with any other team in free agency.

Ross was the team's third-leading receiver last year, catching 24 passes for 314 yards and a touchdown. He was also the team's primary kickoff and punt returner, though he's expected to have competition for both roles this offseason.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Lions have recently turned their attention towards signing Fairley if they can't get a deal done with Suh. They will also add another starting caliber DT in FA and possibly add a CB and some O-Line help.

here's the Freep article that was posted 6 hours ago;
Salary-cap miscues may mean Detroit Lions will lose Ndamukong Suh

BB_72: I'm not really a fan of Fairley but obviously Mayhew and Austin must feel comfortable with his progress from last seasons 8 games played. Hopefully Mayhew/Lewand set that possible future/impending contract so it's easy to get out from under should Fairley resort back to his previous poor ways of diet, preparation, game day performance.

in the same article above, once again it clearly states the following AGAIN;

Suh told people in the Lions' organization a year ago that he wanted to be the highest-paid defensive player in the game — Watt currently holds that distinction at $16.7 million annually with $52 million guaranteed — and after the Lions balked at his contract demands, they tabled talks in July before training camp.

BB_72: so if Suh wanted more money and looking at that 16.7M per avg., the previous reports of rumored offer averaging 15M seems to make sense as to why they tabled extension talks

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another article with a few good comments, IMO, (micro steps in and gives the :mad2:) talking about Suh, his possible suitors, how the Lions had no leverage in this ordeal and Suh has it all, Suh is all about the money and his legacy.

It also flows over to the chances of which of our own FA's likely come back (M-Live, Kyle Meinke). He seems to think Fairley won't be back whereas, Freep writer, Dave Birkett, states Mayhew has turned some of their attention towards signing Fairley. Just different perspectives out there. A look at the Detroit Lions' odds of signing Ndamukong Suh and the rest of their free agent class | MLive.com

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys want another C?
I think the thought is Swanson played well at guard last year, so it gives us the opportunity to use free agency to get a legit player at either guard or center. If the best free agent for the right price happens to be a center, we snag him and keep Swanson at guard. If he happens to be a guard then good, we put Swanson back into his intended drafted position of center. I would certainly expect Mayhew to not ignore centers as possible free agents.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you who wanted Byron Maxwell, that man just got paid a ridiculous boatload of $$$. NO WAY he's worth that type of money.

from espn insider:

PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Eagles got the makeover of their defensive secondary Sunday, agreeing to contract terms with Seattle Seahawks cornerback Byron Maxwell, according to a report by ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Jason La Canfora of CBS reported the deal is worth $63 million over six years, which would make it the third-largest contract for a cornerback. The deal reportedly includes about $25 million guaranteed.

At 6-foot, 202 pounds, Maxwell has the size the Eagles prefer in their outside cornerbacks.

At the same time, Maxwell has started only 17 regular-season games in four NFL seasons. It is worth noting that his former defensive coordinator, Dan Quinn, is now head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons did not pursue Maxwell.

BB_72; those two statements highlighted answer why he shouldn't have been in any FA convo talk around here. 1st the starts in 4-seasons. 2nd. take Maxwell away from that scheme and the players around him, I don't see him becoming elite by himself, IMHO. This reminds me of when Philly went after Nnamdi and DRC 3-4 years ago when both failed miserably. REACHING...RIGHT THERE... IMO

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know Suh isn't coming back, I'd like to see Mayhew to try sign the following, or at least get the talks going on in here.

Who do you guys now want to see in FA signings at the following positions

DT (2 starters needed here)

LG

CB

BB_72: for me, I'd like to see 2 of 3 signed out of these DT's
1st choice: Dan Williams (he's young, not an injury concern, big gap plugging run stuffer
2nd choice: CJ Mosley (he'd come cheap being 31, knows the system/scheme, is a 2-3 yr. stop-gap)
3rd choice: Nick Fairley (all the projected talent in the world but hasn't put it all together yet, risky)
4th choice: Kendall Langford ( still young 29 and got beat out by Aaron Donald, another 2-3 yr. stop gap)

*******DT Knighton but I think he'll come pricey*******************

CB;
1st choice: Mathis (he's still very good, will come cheaply and his mentoring is a huge plus)
2nd choice: ?????????????????????????????????????? we need another nickel cb
haven't gotten past Mathis yet and not much out there worthy of consideration right now, IMO, maybe the possibility of Davon House but I saw he's seeking 4.5+M.

LG
1st choice: Orlando Franklin (I wouldn't be willing to pay over 5M per/yr. and same goes 4 a Center)
2nd choice: for damn sure I don't want an 8M per/yr. run blocking only guard like Iupati, he's 2 expensive IMO
3rd choice:

C
1st choice: it's possible both Wisniewski and Hudson will probably command 6-7 per/yr. from what I read. Hudson reportedly had a tough time beating out KC's backup C last summer.

ANY ONE have a list of who their targeted FA players are