• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free from the Cowboys. Would be my first LT choice as well as Buluga.

Reiff is better suited to RT IMO. It's not as if he is a bad LT the line would e better with him at RT. The thought is having Waddle move to LT but I think he would be better as a depth guy.

I like Raji and after missing a year could be had at a decent price. Peae, Raji, Odrick would be a great rotation at DT and would be affordable.

I am still questioning Tulloch returning, at 3.2 million cap relief and Whithead at MLB it seemed like a no brainer.
Neither Free nor Buluga play left tackle, though. We'd be moving Reiff to RT only to replace him with a RT...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulaga has played LT, just not very good at it

Free :L....

I'll take Lucas and his upside over Free any time or even Hilliard over Free

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have clarified that both played LT, but were moved to the right side. That's my bad. I wouldn't want a guy who wasn't good enough to be a left tackle on another team, though, only to put him at LT for us. Buluga would make a fine RT for us, though- get us a couple of Iowa Boys to book-end the o-line...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now, either LG or C is the position that should be looked at in FA not trying to replace two kids who are still learning RT, meaning Waddle or Lucas. I think the calf injury to Waddle early on in training camp had a huge affect on him early in the season. Waddle played pretty well in his rookie campaign, IMO. Lucas/Waddle both need at least this year to show whether they're mainstays at RT, JMO.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buluga blew his knee out transitioning to the LT spot.

Free was an anchor for the best run unit in the NFL. IMO he gives the Lions the option to move Reiff to where most believe he is better suited RT.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that logic is Reiff is a better LT than Free ever was, and definitely better than he is now.

It's not that Reiff was particularly bad at left tackle this year (despite the comments from some un-employed former Eagles personnel guy, which, for some reason, got some run on the foosball site circuit). Replacing him with a lesser talent only to solidify our RT position doesn't make much sense. If we're going to go that route both Waddle and Lucas are already on the team and are better left tackle prospects than Free or Buluga...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys discuss potential FA's to sign keep in mind an important piece to what they can do this year because of what happens next year.......It will be the first time in years that the Lions have the chance to not just be on equal footing with the other teams in the league when the cap goes up, but to actually get the equivalent of two cap increases. The second one being the end of dead $ from the Suh contract.

THIS is the year where it's ok to go ahead and sign multiple deals to lesser first year cap hits than what you might otherwise like to do because you can go ahead and jump them up big in year two so they level out in the third year and final contract years.

You may be tired of my cap analysis and LewAAnd bashing but that is exactly what I mean when I talk about vision and contract structure and layering. Study the contracts of other teams and that's what you will see.

That's why I say I am more fascinated with this off season than any others in recent memory.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ yep a million percent agreed with the DR. above

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a question and I didn't want to start a brand-new thread

I'm driving to Texas so I can't look it up.
my question is when it comes to a compensatory pick does the money you sign your own free-agent for count against the formula for the pics? Example is we sign fairly do a new contract does his money count towards balancing out Sue leaving and his his monetary value ?

I understand the formula with free-agent signed verse free-agent that leaves. I know guys like Reggie Bush who got cut will not count against another team towards the formula if they sign him because he was cut, but what I don't know is if your own free-agent counts against that formula? Like Prater...

Forgive the grammar as talking to a smart phone is not so smart

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy, NO, signing our own FA doesn't count against. it's only our FA's we lose to another team or we sign another teams FA

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys discuss potential FA's to sign keep in mind an important piece to what they can do this year because of what happens next year.......It will be the first time in years that the Lions have the chance to not just be on equal footing with the other teams in the league when the cap goes up, but to actually get the equivalent of two cap increases. The second one being the end of dead $ from the Suh contract.

THIS is the year where it's ok to go ahead and sign multiple deals to lesser first year cap hits than what you might otherwise like to do because you can go ahead and jump them up big in year two so they level out in the third year and final contract years.

You may be tired of my cap analysis and LewAAnd bashing but that is exactly what I mean when I talk about vision and contract structure and layering. Study the contracts of other teams and that's what you will see.

That's why I say I am more fascinated with this off season than any others in recent memory.

Ask another question to you on top of what you said. Since there would be money available with Sue gone wouldn't it just be smart to bite the bullet on Calvin and Matt's contracts and not trying to restructure to make more room for signings? In my opinion just let those numbers fall off the next couple years or in this case just one of those times where it could be smart to restructure? I am against doing anything to Matt's contract for the fact that down the road you might just be looking at a Nother Sue situation

Reason I ask when you speak of the layers of these contracts. Is there a time when you restructure and then there's a layer with in the restructure that actually helps you in the future and not just kicking the can?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is a chance of later comp pick for Fairley also... As all money from our signings will all go to Suh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES, ON THE FAIRLEY COMMENT

SIR

PROLLY A 4TH ROUND COMP PICK, UNLESS SOMEONE GOES CRAZY BONKERS AND GIVES HIM A RIDIXULOUS CONTRACT....LIKE 4 YR 32M that would pretty much be borderline 3rd round comp

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you dumb that down for me? I understand that we'll have more to play with next offseason, but I think I'm missing what your'e suggesting that will do for us this year... it went right on over my head, I do believe...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was only 17M left in cap space before the Prater signing.. If they sign George Johnson and Mathis, that should take up another 2-2.5M combined and depending on 1st yr cap for Prater (2-2.5M for that), that's 5M approx. right there coming off that 17M, leaving 12M

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Gump in there. Opted for sir. Did not think people would realize your location and not me calling you dumb.
You are my elder, right? Just respect sir...

already know I'm old so the Sir, makes it worse.... GUMP, I LIKE !!! that's how I should be addressed from here on out... mkay

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you dumb that down for me? I understand that we'll have more to play with next offseason, but I think I'm missing what your'e suggesting that will do for us this year... it went right on over my head, I do believe...

Structure the deal to have bigger or smaller caps one way or another. Then you have more money now or later. Which ever benefits your current cap. Not Lewand but other cap guys do it.

Stick to kicking tires on FAs. Seen the math skills in the past. You can play Mayhew, but let Meow play Lewand... Please?