• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a gun to my head. Fairley.

But rather pay neither and just draft some D-lineman

Malcolm Brown if he's available in the 1st
Grady Jarrett or Carl Davis in the 2nd?

One guy I'm deathly afraid of is Arik Armstead. Want nothing to do with that guy. He is this years Eric Ebron for me.
I see some projections as a 4-3 DT for him, but I just don't see that working out well. I think he'll be a stud 5-tech DE, though. He's taylor-made for that spot, imo...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some projections as a 4-3 DT for him, but I just don't see that working out well. I think he'll be a stud 5-tech DE, though. He's taylor-made for that spot, imo...

I think it's a stud projection due to his body type. Dude is like Tyson Jackson but not as good.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a gun to my head. Fairley.

But rather pay neither and just draft some D-lineman

Malcolm Brown if he's available in the 1st
Grady Jarrett or Carl Davis in the 2nd?

One guy I'm deathly afraid of is Arik Armstead. Want nothing to do with that guy. He is this years Eric Ebron for me.

so you're saying Armstead is almost pro-bowl level this year....:pound:

just feel like being smarta** for the moment

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too like DT's Malcom Brown and Grady Jarrett

take a look see at Xavier Cooper from Wash St. I had mentioned him 3-4 weeks ago and evidently he was in Allen Park a couple days ago for a visit.

JMO, so don't take it wrong, Carl Davis did really well at the Senior, he' big, tall, fairly athletic, has catcher mitts for hands, long wingspan, but damn he had inconsistent motor issues at Iowa. He would absolutely quit on plays. Saying that, 2 years ago, Purdue's Kawann Short had the same problem and he's done well at Carolina and the Panthers drafted DT's back to back 1st/2nd round (Star Lotulelei-1st rd/ Short-2nd rd)

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds of return for each Detroit Lions free agent?

DT Andre Fluellen

Acquired: Signed as a free agent in November.

2014 stats: 8 GP, 10 tackles, 2 sacks.

2014 salary: $730,000.

The skinny: There's a good chance that Fluellen will be signed at some point this year (like every year since 2008). With no starting-caliber defensive tackles signed for 2015, the Lions need to address the position in free agency and the draft. They want to re-sign Suh, could let Fairley walk, and while Fluellen is hardly a priority free agent, he played well as a fill-in the second half of the season, is good in the locker room and can play some defensive end if needed. From a production standpoint, Fluellen won't provide much. But he'll be available, and he'll play hard whether the Lions sign him in March, June or October.

Chances of returning: 99.9%.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/03/05/detroit-lions-free-agents/24426949/
Restricted free agents

DE George Johnson

Acquired: Signed as a free agent in April 2014.

2014 stats: 16 GP, 0 GS, 29 tackles, 6 sacks.

2014 salary: $730,000.

The skinny: Johnson just missed out on being an unrestricted free agent after a dispute over his service time, but he means enough to the Lions that they will tender him as a restricted free agent next week. He's young enough and had a good-enough 2014 that some team still could try to pry him away if he's given a low tender. If the Lions tender him at a second-round level, he'd all but be assured of playing this year in Detroit, though he still could work out a long-term deal with the team. Regardless of his contract, the Lions have made it clear they want Johnson back as their No. 3 defensive end, and Johnson is on board with returning after the team helped resuscitate his career.

Chances of returning: 95%.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LB Josh Bynes

Acquired: Signed off Ravens practice squad in September.

2014 stats: 13 GP, 0 GS, 22 tackles, 1 INT.

2014 salary: $570,000.

The skinny: The Lions won't be making Bynes a restricted free agent tender, but they want him back. Bynes is a favorite of defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, and it makes sense for him to return. He won't be a starter in Detroit, not with Stephen Tulloch and Tahir Whitehead in the fold, but he could play as a backup and will have a role on special teams. Maybe there's a bigger role out there for him in free agency, but chances are he'll be back with the Lions.

Chances of returning: 85%.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

WR/KR/PR Jeremy Ross

Acquired: Signed as a free agent in October 2013.

2014 stats: 16 GP, 13 GS, 24 catches, 314 yards, TD.

2014 salary: $570,000.

The skinny: Ross is an exclusive-rights free agent, so he can't negotiate with other teams unless the Lions decide they don't want him, and that's not happening. Along with kick- and punt-return duties last year, Ross played a valuable role as the No. 3 receiver. He didn't put up great stats, but he's a solid blocker who helps in other areas. The Lions always could address the return position in the draft, which would leave Ross' future in question, but at the very least, he'll be around for camp.

Chances of returning: 100%.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K Matt Prater

Acquired: Signed as a free agent in October 2014.

2014 stats: 21 of 26 FGs, 21 of 21 PATs.

2014 salary: $855,000.

The skinny: The Lions have tried to go cheap at the kicker position the past two years, and it cost them in games. Last year, the team cycled through two kickers, Nate Freese and Alex Henery, before signing Prater in October. A Pro Bowler in Denver who was coming off a four-game suspension, Prater had a fine season after a tough opener, and the Lions would like to bring him back. The question, as always, is money. Mayhew met with Prater's agent at the NFL combine last month, and there's still a chance a deal gets done before free agency begins.

Chances of returning: 75%.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are the highest %'s of possible players returning

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of us have been talking about the possibility of signing
WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Free Agents - Defensive Tackles

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Dolphins. Age: 27.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
halfstar.gif

Jared Odrick had a terrific 2014 campaign, as he got to the quarterback frequently and also was sound against the run until a late-season injury limited him a bit. Odrick, who won't be 28 until December, can fit into any scheme, which will help him on the open market.

Jared Odrick: Career Stats at NFL.com

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Jared Odrick

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind Odrick either. At least he is in his prime and not just a stop gap like many of the others.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that I am fascinated to see how free agency plays out is an understatement.

My opinions on The Clown Show are well documented, and there has been very few in agreement.

What will it take to turn support into cries for unemployment?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a better understanding of the Lions cap situation I think 3 possibly 4 good FA can be signed.

Bryan Maxwell CB
Darrelle Revis CB
Chris Cullver CB

Odrick DT
Williams DT
Knighton DT
Peae DT

Doug Free OT
Bryan Buluga OT plus taking a Packer
Derek Newton OT

The Lions can make some roster upgrades with good selections. I like the idea of a top OT and moving Reiff to the right side. One signing two upgrades.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a better understanding of the Lions cap situation I think 3 possibly 4 good FA can be signed.

Bryan Maxwell CB
Darrelle Revis CB
Chris Cullver CB

Odrick DT
Williams DT
Knighton DT
Peae DT

Doug Free OT
Bryan Buluga OT plus taking a Packer
Derek Newton OT

The Lions can make some roster upgrades with good selections. I like the idea of a top OT and moving Reiff to the right side. One signing two upgrades.

I'd love to get Culiver and Buluga.

Who is on the market at LT who is better than Reiff, though?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're talking about sniping Packers free agents, Davon House, B.J. Raji, and John Kuhn would all be intriguing options, along with Buluga.

Obviously Buluga would be the big fish out of the group, but House is an up-and-comer at CB with good size and speed. Raji is a question mark, but we have needs at that position, and Kuhn is a versatile, experienced FB...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good with all except Kuhn unless he is cheaper than mullet boy or the kid drafted from FSU last year on the PS.

Raji who was a good run stuffer may come cheap on a show me type contract.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free from the Cowboys. Would be my first LT choice as well as Buluga.

Reiff is better suited to RT IMO. It's not as if he is a bad LT the line would e better with him at RT. The thought is having Waddle move to LT but I think he would be better as a depth guy.

I like Raji and after missing a year could be had at a decent price. Peae, Raji, Odrick would be a great rotation at DT and would be affordable.

I am still questioning Tulloch returning, at 3.2 million cap relief and Whithead at MLB it seemed like a no brainer.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that I am fascinated to see how free agency plays out is an understatement.

My opinions on The Clown Show are well documented, and there has been very few in agreement.

What will it take to turn support into cries for unemployment?

I agree with some opinions on your so called clown show. Just not all. All GMs and I mean ALL make bad moves. The way Suh's contract restructures were huge mistakes. Does it mean they should be fired? Maybe? I do see you give credit at times. Just not enough IMO. The Ford family is to blame. I understand that even if Suh leaves the Ford's will not fire them. That is just reality. Faithful to a fault. Millen decimated this franchise. Mayhew has two playoff appearances. Now maybe the kid is different than his father. I just don't see Mayhew being fired. So I deal with the cards I am dealt as a fan and move on knowing my cries are just that. Cries that will not be listened to.

Just like you, I am eager to see this FA period with extra money. Can we actually fault them 100% if some guys (we) may want do not sign here? They have same luxury of choice just like Suh. I will wait and see if these FAs pan out or not. I remember many not the Digs signing. It turned out pretty well.

Some times moves made two seasons ago look bad now. Restructures got Bush. Instrumental in a playoff birth. Then fast forward to restructure and then to cut that guy looks bad. At the time of restructure there is no crystal ball on health or dropoff of said players. Mayhew is not the only GM to have this happen to and keep there jobs. We just look harder at our GM for homer reasons.

Zander is a move I love. I give him credit not Mayhew for good drafts. So I can't fault Mayhew suddenly for Ebron.