• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 coaching HOT SEAT

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn might be next:suds:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn says it's an "overstatement" to say Matt Ryan is "overwhelmed" by OC Kyle Shanahan's system.

This is where we're at with Ryan's 2015. The eighth-year starter has only four more touchdowns than picks, and is on pace for his fewest scores in a full season since his rookie year. He'll remain off the QB1 radar for this week's road matchup with the Panthers' elite defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true? I dont think thats actually true. QBs are expected to show something right away. I think I heard Bruce Arians say that a QB doesnt learn anything important on the bench..you have to play him.

I think there is nothing quite as valuable as game time experience. At the same time having a year to learn the playbook, get some mechanics coaching, and just see how to function in the NFL can be valuable as well.

Right now starters in the NFL that started their careers on the bench...

Jay Cutler--Decent not great QB
Tony Romo--people seem to forget that Drew Bledsoe was replaced twice in his career by a great QB
Rodgers--I think everybody knows this one
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees
Carson Palmer

Those are the ones that have been in the league for a long time that have been consistent starters that started out on the bench. I think you could make the argument that 5 of those 7 guys deserve to be in the top-10 QB's starting in the NFL.

At the same time others have started day 1 and had plenty of success like Roethlisberger, Wilson, Newton, Dalton, and Eli.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true? I dont think thats actually true. QBs are expected to show something right away. I think I heard Bruce Arians say that a QB doesnt learn anything important on the bench..you have to play him.

I think it goes w/o saying you gotta play them....I think any rookie QB would do well to learn the playbook and get a chance to see those plays being run and how they work against certain type of DEF in a few real games...then gradually up his reps in practice to develop some timing and get them out there by week 5 or 6...the learning curve will still be there but learning everything on the fly from week 1 is tough on the QB and the play caller.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I just think this is why we see so many young players failing though. They are going to bad teams being asked to start and produce way before they are ready and teams are just quitting on them way too early. To me when you look at the top teams in the league right now they have been working hard to develop a QB more so than bank on a rookie stepping in and producing. If this is a copy cat league I would think more teams would be working towards that. Now given a team with a good veteran usually has more time to wait than a team that has ownership and fans wanting a quick turnaround. Just seems like a lose/lose situation for those teams that continually keep losing. What they need to do they are not given the time to do.

WAS jumps off the page, but they are not alone...they most likely will part ways with RG3 after 37 games played...at least 2 if not 3 1st rd picks they gave up for him. For a playoff team, 37 games is 2 seasons.