• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 coaching HOT SEAT

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if he was wearing cowboys blue next season. :dhd:
I think Stephen Jones would lock Daddy away to keep that from happening.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if he was wearing cowboys blue next season. :dhd:

probably but I guess he is now starting against the 49ers.... just came out

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Fisher needs to be fired.

Wonder how much input Fisher has on personnel decisions. For example, any idea if he was in favor of trading for Foles?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how much input Fisher has on personnel decisions. For example, any idea if he was in favor of trading for Foles?

I think whoever is running the Rams was more interested in the 2nd rounder that came along with Foles. If Foles had proved somewhat competent that would have been a bonus. Seems Kelly has made Foles look much better than he is... reminds me a bit of Andy with the back-ups to McNabb who he was able to trade away for way too much.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever is running the Rams was more interested in the 2nd rounder that came along with Foles. If Foles had proved somewhat competent that would have been a bonus. Seems Kelly has made Foles look much better than he is... reminds me a bit of Andy with the back-ups to McNabb who he was able to trade away for way too much.

Good point about the second round pick in that trade, but even Kelly couldn't make Foles play well last year, when he was not very good, despite playing surprisingly well in 2013.

To me the glaring problem in St. Louis is that they don't have a good QB. Not sure that is Fisher's fault.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist I got is that he just wanted to dump Bradford's salary, get a replacement that was at least as good as Bradford's backups and then flesh out the defense and win the game by running the ball.

While I wasn't expecting the world from Foles, I had no idea he was this bad. He literally has no ability to throw more than 10 yards

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the glaring problem in St. Louis is that they don't have a good QB. Not sure that is Fisher's fault.
No Good QB, No good WRs, no good TEs, No good LTs. At some point...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is why they gave Foles a new contract before showing he could do the job.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could use a big #1 target at WR, but I'm more concerned with their running game to be honest. About 1/2 way through last season (once Mack got hurt) they just weren't able to run it at all and that's continued on through all of this season. It's really frustrating. Duke Johnson looks to be a decent weapon, but I'm not sure he's every down back material...maybe he can beef up a bit in the offseason.

With what's looking almost certainly like a top 3 pick, I hope they go out and get Bosa in the first round. Maybe a guy like Conner Cook will fall to them in the early 2nd round because I'd be shocked if they stuck with Manziel for another year...unless he thoroughly impresses these last few games. I saw a breakdown of his start against Cincy and it was just abysmal how many open WRs he completely missed.

The most shocking part of the Browns season from afar has been the DEF...so I understand your thinking on Bosa.

CLE, HOU, and probably SF are 3 teams I think are in need of a fix at QB...Cook, Lynch and Goff are likely to have 1st or 2nd rd grades...so, maybe you can get the 3rd QB off the board at the top of the 2nd, but I would take the Memphis kid and build around him. I think he has Bortles type talent.

Bosa...Playing as a 4-3 DE...6-5, 275, That's Bud Dupree's size, and he played mostly as a 4-3 DE in college as well...much faster than Bosa, athletic enough to play in space, drafted as a OLB at this level.

I can see Bosa playing more @ 285 and a 3-4 DE. Not sure he's a top 5 talent as an edge rusher.

RB...Elliott is going 1st off the board most likely in the 1st rd...I might look more 3 rd...use my 2rd rounder to get that tall WR...Bowe & Hartline were total wastes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is why they gave Foles a new contract before showing he could do the job.
I understand they gave up a talent (and a contract not many teams wanted), but there was no need to re up Foles yet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for, eh!

It's the Browns! They could get demoted to the CFL & still be the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.:L

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
No Good QB, No good WRs, no good TEs, No good LTs. At some point...
This is the bottom line.
How does this happen with all the high draft picks they have had over the last 4 years?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most shocking part of the Browns season from afar has been the DEF...so I understand your thinking on Bosa.

CLE, HOU, and probably SF are 3 teams I think are in need of a fix at QB...Cook, Lynch and Goff are likely to have 1st or 2nd rd grades...so, maybe you can get the 3rd QB off the board at the top of the 2nd, but I would take the Memphis kid and build around him. I think he has Bortles type talent.

Bosa...Playing as a 4-3 DE...6-5, 275, That's Bud Dupree's size, and he played mostly as a 4-3 DE in college as well...much faster than Bosa, athletic enough to play in space, drafted as a OLB at this level.

I can see Bosa playing more @ 285 and a 3-4 DE. Not sure he's a top 5 talent as an edge rusher.

RB...Elliott is going 1st off the board most likely in the 1st rd...I might look more 3 rd...use my 2rd rounder to get that tall WR...Bowe & Hartline were total wastes.

Joey Bosa is the best player in this draft. I expect any team that passes on him to regret it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Bosa is the best player in this draft. I expect any team that passes on him to regret it.

If given the chance the Browns would pass on Bosa. It's what they do...fuck up on Draft Day. Hey...every team out there has to be good @ something, right?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If given the chance the Browns would pass on Bosa. It's what they do...fuck up on Draft Day. Hey...every team out there has to be good @ something, right?

I think the Browns end up with Treadwell honestly. I think they take a WR.......or a LT, who the hell knows.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN...they (FO) really wanted control back of the draft/personnel after Fisher left, doubtful they will give that back up for a guy with 2 yrs exp...so so years at that, they won't give up any picks to get Kelly, so he would have to get canned as well.

CLE...yeah, but imo they have been cycling thru HCs in rapid fire fashion...they're better served to allow Petine to develop something...concerned a decent DEF has played so poorly, but they allowed his stop gap QB (Hoyer) to leave for virtually nothing and JM is not the answer, he hasn't had much on OFC to work with to be honest...you spoke of no one wanting that job before...at this point with 3+ jobs being available...why jump back in there?

NO...I wouldn't be surprised there...some infighting going on among ownership...if the daughter wins control of the team, word has it she wants to wipe the slate clean of FO people that supported or were hired by her father's regime...outside of that I don't expect him to be fired, but who knows...some speculation Brees there next year because of the huge contract, but that can be smoothed out.

If the Tennessee job opens up I could see Kelly encouraging the Eagles to let him go. Maybe TN doesn't give him all the power he had in Philly but I could still see them giving him a decent level. Even if they don't I could see Kelly still wanting the job with the chance to work with the QB that best fits his system in Mariota.

Cleveland they are just a complete mess. It wouldnt' surprise me either way they go on this decision. It does seem though when things are not perfect the Coach seems to catch the brunt of the blame. From what I understand people who have worked in that FO have said it is a terrible environment with people who just don't know what they are doing. So again I could see them going many directions this off season.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because there is not a good QB to be found in the NFL or draft that would is available. Hell, even average QB's are rare as hen's teeth.

My guess is the Rams hoped they would luck out on the cheap, and get at least an average QB in that deal. I honestly wonder what they were looking at on game tape for last season (or even the end of the 2013 season).

Either Bradford or Kaepernick will be the best QB available this offseason. Hell, Foles probably would be 3rd best in that line.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns end up with Treadwell honestly. I think they take a WR.......or a LT, who the hell knows.

The Browns don't even know what they're gonna do, it's the same thing every year. Makes me a bit nauseous to think of all the players they could have drafted since their return.