• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 coaching HOT SEAT

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overreaction from week 2 in the NFL.

What coaches have put themselves on the hot seat just 2 games into the season?

I heard crazy rumors Chuck Pagano was somewhat on a warm seat prior to this season...I didn't get it, but I think if true his seat is now turning hot if the Colts lose this game to the Jets.

Joe Philbin-Dolphins
Bill O'Brien-Texans
Chip Kelly-Eagles
Tom Coughlin-Giants ....Probably should have been gone long ago, but the dude randomly wins SBs to keep his job.
Lovie Smith-Buccaneers

ravenmaniac881

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping and praying that the Colts go winless and Pagano is fired. The Ravens can then unload Dean Pees and bring back Pagano as their new DC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good timing to update this list.

IND...if they don't win the DIV, Pagano is out.

STL...I get the sense they are underachieving based on the DEF talent, and the moves made to shore up the QB position. Teflon Fisher is probably out if this trend of bad losses continues.

PHI...I think Kelly will make the call himself and it's starting to look as if he will be back next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good timing to update this list.

IND...if they don't win the DIV, Pagano is out.

STL...I get the sense they are underachieving based on the DEF talent, and the moves made to shore up the QB position. Teflon Fisher is probably out if this trend of bad losses continues.

PHI...I think Kelly will make the call himself and it's starting to look as if he will be back next year.

Yeah I think Kelly will get the choice. I think if Tennessee goes after him I could see that being very appealing. My guess is they would give him the same power he has in Philly to come in and do whatever he wants with the team. That could be either a genius moment or a complete disaster but either way it would be fun to watch.

As for others I would think Cleveland has to be near the top of the list. Although who is going to want to go to Cleveland. They ran into this problem before in none of the top coaching choices even really wanted to interview.

San Diego could be another one. They are known that when the message seems to be getting stale from the coaches that they are willing to move on. Throw in the possible move to LA could be something that attracts a decent coach to want to come in. Just kind of hit the reset button on the franchise with getting a top-5 pick.

My surprise team is that of New Orleans. Payton reminds me a bit of the situation that Shanahan found himself here in Denver in the Super Bowl victory was great but after that not producing at a consistent level just becomes very old very quick.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Fisher needs to be fired.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland cleaned house after this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Kelly will get the choice. I think if Tennessee goes after him I could see that being very appealing. My guess is they would give him the same power he has in Philly to come in and do whatever he wants with the team. That could be either a genius moment or a complete disaster but either way it would be fun to watch.

As for others I would think Cleveland has to be near the top of the list. Although who is going to want to go to Cleveland. They ran into this problem before in none of the top coaching choices even really wanted to interview.

San Diego could be another one. They are known that when the message seems to be getting stale from the coaches that they are willing to move on. Throw in the possible move to LA could be something that attracts a decent coach to want to come in. Just kind of hit the reset button on the franchise with getting a top-5 pick.

My surprise team is that of New Orleans. Payton reminds me a bit of the situation that Shanahan found himself here in Denver in the Super Bowl victory was great but after that not producing at a consistent level just becomes very old very quick.

TN...they (FO) really wanted control back of the draft/personnel after Fisher left, doubtful they will give that back up for a guy with 2 yrs exp...so so years at that, they won't give up any picks to get Kelly, so he would have to get canned as well.

CLE...yeah, but imo they have been cycling thru HCs in rapid fire fashion...they're better served to allow Petine to develop something...concerned a decent DEF has played so poorly, but they allowed his stop gap QB (Hoyer) to leave for virtually nothing and JM is not the answer, he hasn't had much on OFC to work with to be honest...you spoke of no one wanting that job before...at this point with 3+ jobs being available...why jump back in there?

NO...I wouldn't be surprised there...some infighting going on among ownership...if the daughter wins control of the team, word has it she wants to wipe the slate clean of FO people that supported or were hired by her father's regime...outside of that I don't expect him to be fired, but who knows...some speculation Brees there next year because of the huge contract, but that can be smoothed out.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they never clean house .. they just keep piling up crap in the corner

Actually, they clean house too often. It's one of the reasons they're perennially rebuilding.

I actually like Pettine as a coach. Their GM is a retard and needs to go though.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guy's are just a couple of pieces away from being a good team..

Hahaha, the annual cry of the loser. The problem is we've been a couple pieces away for a while and took a serious step back this year when we let key defensive players go. Our drafting has been piss poor on top of that.

They need to completely retool the defense and figure out how to stop the goddamn run AND they need to beef up the offensive line because we can't run the ball ourselves. No QB, no RB, worst run defense in the league (and our pass defense isn't much better), few playmakers on offense...its not a good situation.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland cleaned house after this season.

Clean house? Are you kidding me!?!?

o.O

I was trying to type something witty, and it just came over me. It's Cleveland. I have nothing to say. CLEVELAND.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they clean house too often. It's one of the reasons they're perennially rebuilding.

I actually like Pettine as a coach. Their GM is a retard and needs to go though.

Yep.

No like Farmer, eh?

Some interesting moves/drafts....every GM misses on picks, some of them high picks, but CLE has been blowing too many.

With 3 QBs with decent grades...I think you have to take one, and start the rebuild...figure out what they are going to do on the OL with Thomas and hope Erving is a better C than a G. Got some good slot options at WR...TE...one of the shames of Farmer is no big young WR with #1 potential...the hand grenade known as Josh Gordon finally went off in their hands.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It's more like a hot bench really except at the end of the season it will be limited to how many decent candidates are out there. If you are an owner and you have your eye on a couple of candidates that get snapped up before you fire your coach then you will stay with him.
I see Probable Changes in:
Cleveland
St Louis (unless they are moving then they will keep him another year)
Detroit
NY Giants
Miami
Tennessee
Possible Changes in:
Indy
Houston
San Diego

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

No like Farmer, eh?

Some interesting moves/drafts....every GM misses on picks, some of them high picks, but CLE has been blowing too many.

With 3 QBs with decent grades...I think you have to take one, and start the rebuild...figure out what they are going to do on the OL with Thomas and hope Erving is a better C than a G. Got some good slot options at WR...TE...one of the shames of Farmer is no big young WR with #1 potential...the hand grenade known as Josh Gordon finally went off in their hands.

They could use a big #1 target at WR, but I'm more concerned with their running game to be honest. About 1/2 way through last season (once Mack got hurt) they just weren't able to run it at all and that's continued on through all of this season. It's really frustrating. Duke Johnson looks to be a decent weapon, but I'm not sure he's every down back material...maybe he can beef up a bit in the offseason.

With what's looking almost certainly like a top 3 pick, I hope they go out and get Bosa in the first round. Maybe a guy like Conner Cook will fall to them in the early 2nd round because I'd be shocked if they stuck with Manziel for another year...unless he thoroughly impresses these last few games. I saw a breakdown of his start against Cincy and it was just abysmal how many open WRs he completely missed.