• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have spoken to the Braves about Justin Upton, echoing a recent report by the New York Post’s Joel Sherman, but the current focus for Texas is pitching.

The Rangers are willing to deal any of their shortstops, but Elvis Andrus is the least likely to be moved because the team believes 2015 will be a big season for the 26-year-old.

The Rangers are open to trading their better prospects rather than spend big money on free agents. Rosenthal, however, notes Joey Gallo and Jorge Alfaro (the club’s top two prospects, per MLB.com) are considered untouchable.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have spoken to the Braves about Justin Upton, echoing a recent report by the New York Post’s Joel Sherman, but the current focus for Texas is pitching.

The Rangers are willing to deal any of their shortstops, but Elvis Andrus is the least likely to be moved because the team believes 2015 will be a big season for the 26-year-old.

The Rangers are open to trading their better prospects rather than spend big money on free agents. Rosenthal, however, notes Joey Gallo and Jorge Alfaro (the club’s top two prospects, per MLB.com) are considered untouchable.
Should be other untouchables than just those two.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so if you ask JD.

You've given me grief - justifiably so - about this before.

But all this "so-in-so is untouchable" is a bunch of hooey. Almost everyone is tradeable. Certainly, anyone in the minors is.

We'd trade Gallo right now IMO "IF" the proper package were offered. It's really that simple, and cut-n-dried to me.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But all this "so-in-so is untouchable" is a bunch of hooey. Almost everyone is tradeable. Certainly, anyone in the minors is.

We'd trade Gallo right now IMO "IF" the proper package were offered. It's really that simple, and cut-n-dried to me.
Thinking more in line of pitching untouchables. JD seems to want to 'grow' them instead if he could.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking more in line of pitching untouchables. JD seems to want to 'grow' them instead if he could.

Agreed. Fact of the matter is, it seems our future for having good pitching is to draft/trade for younger one's and get them in the system quickly.

Nolan was the guy who I thought didn't get enough credit for this - maybe too much for other things, granted - philosophy.

This isn't the greatest place to pitch, and we all know it. So do FA.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD didn't say they were untouchable. Some sportswriter did and I was agreeing with Darryl that there may be more if you ask JD instead of some writer that doesn't know his ass from 3rd base. But almost everyone is tradeable but not likely if you're talking about those two, Gallo and Alfaro.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I take i is that they are untouchable in a trade for Justin Upton

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be other untouchables than just those two.

Agreed. These national guys just have no clue about the Rangers whatsoever. Sometimes reading what they are reporting about the Rangers is laughable it is so silly. I don't think Mazara or Chi Chi are going anywhere unless some other GM suffers from temporary insanity.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that is as budget conscious as the Rangers appear to be are not trading their top minor leaguers for "expensive" rent a players. In that sense we have several "untouchables" in the minor leagues. We didn't even trade away that level of minor league talent in 2010 and 2011. We need those cheap young prospects to arrive and play well in order for us to have a chance to go to the WS again. We don't get there by trading them I don't think. Now, I do think guys on the 25 man roster should not be considered untouchable if they are not under contract for 2016 and beyond.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calvinwatkins: Little baseball stuff: Rangers talking to Atlanta about acquiring a pitcher and possibly Justin Upton.

Very little where Calvin's concerned.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CJNitkowski: The Texas Rangers won the bid for Korean LHP Yang (Kia Tigers), was believed to be the Twins. Posting fee is around $1.5M. Kia may keep him.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calvinwatkins: Little baseball stuff: Rangers talking to Atlanta about acquiring a pitcher and possibly Justin Upton.

Very little where Calvin's concerned.
Little football stuff: How 'bout them Boys!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CJNitkowski: The Texas Rangers won the bid for Korean LHP Yang (Kia Tigers), was believed to be the Twins. Posting fee is around $1.5M. Kia may keep him.

9:10pm: Berardino now tweets that the Kia Tigers haven’t officially decided whether to accept the top bid for Yang, and MLB doesn’t notify the top bidder until the bid is accepted.

So if the Rangers were notified they were the top bidder would one not presume that the bid was accepted, or is the way this reads confusing my feeble mind?

This is for anyone and not a response to you Darryl. Just asking for help if I am reading this wrong.

Both the Kia Tigers and Yang are disappointed with the size of the bid, but the pitcher is pushing the Tigers to accept it so that he can pursue his dream of pitching in the majors. The team has previously said that it would accept a bid for Yang as long as it was of “a reasonable amount,” but never specified the monetary figure. The KBO has said that it will inform MLB of the Tigers’ decision by 4pm CT on Friday, November 28th.

Guess we will know by the 28th

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9:10pm: Berardino now tweets that the Kia Tigers haven’t officially decided whether to accept the top bid for Yang, and MLB doesn’t notify the top bidder until the bid is accepted.

So if the Rangers were notified they were the top bidder would one not presume that the bid was accepted, or is the way this reads confusing my feeble mind?

This is for anyone and not a response to you Darryl. Just asking for help if I am reading this wrong.

Both the Kia Tigers and Yang are disappointed with the size of the bid, but the pitcher is pushing the Tigers to accept it so that he can pursue his dream of pitching in the majors. The team has previously said that it would accept a bid for Yang as long as it was of “a reasonable amount,” but never specified the monetary figure. The KBO has said that it will inform MLB of the Tigers’ decision by 4pm CT on Friday, November 28th.

Guess we will know by the 28th
Lattest. Confused myself, Murph. Wasn't much of a bid. Wonder how serious the Rangers were.

@Evan_P_Grant: Nobody has won anything until Korean team decided whether or not to accept RT @ronniebrooks83: @Evan_P_Grant did Rangers win a bid on him?