• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan tweeted out that there wouldnt be a trade yesterday and possibly not even today.

So that leads me to think of physicals.

Moreland? Harrison? Scheppers? Knebel?

Or it means JD may have tugged on the reigns a bit to open conversations with the Nats.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Joelsherman1: Heard #Brewers #Rangers have deal in principle for Gallardo and that trade is in medical review right now

Still, the question remains who is going the other way and what $$$ are the Brewers kicking in, if any?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on record here I think Yu has every intention of testing the FA waters. The Rangers can approach him during next season/end of, and offer to buy out his last year/two of his current - very low ball salary - and extend him for 5 years (or something).

It's going to be interesting.

I worry that Darvish is going to want FA too, but I do think the Rangers will make a strong effort to keep him here before that happens.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry that Darvish is going to want FA too, but I do think the Rangers will make a strong effort to keep him here before that happens.

I suspect we're 100% correct in that the club will make every "reasonable" effort to keep him.

I've also been on record as saying, once we approach him about buying out the remainder of his current contract and extending it as well, if he's unwilling to commit, this is a sure indicator of his intentions toward FA and we should react accordingly.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an elephant in the room to us who are on the outside looking in. We've got him for the next 2 seasons, so an extension is a bit premature, but there's 0.00% doubt the Rangers don't give it their best shot.

I don't think an extension for Yu is premature at all. I wouldn't have thought so at this time last year.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The American League is suddenly wide open and there for the taking. The Red Sox are probably the favorites at this point, but most top AL teams got "worse" on paper. The Tigers lost Scherzer. The Orioles lost Cruz and Markakis. The A's lost Lester, Samardzija, Donaldson, and Moss. The Royals lost Shields and Butler. Even the Rays lost Zobrist and Hellickson. Most of the top free agents went to the NL.

The White Sox and Red Sox improved. The Tigers are still good. The Mariners look pretty good too. But there really isn't one powerhouse team now and really the Twins and Astros are the only 2 teams I see with no chance of representing the AL in the World Series. I could see any of the other 13 winning the AL if things fall just right (including the Rangers).

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way, the Rangers are absolutely not running behind on it.

Whether they are currently running behind or not I would like to see something done prior to the season starting in April. The more they wait the more they will have to pay.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar scheduled to start throwing today - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

Newsflash for Calvin Watkins. 85 games out of a possible 118 games is not full-time. The last time Pfofar played full-time was in the minors. He has never been given that opportunity up here.

I'm cutting Calvin some slack here and think you're somewhat nitpicking.

I believe what he's saying is "the last time he was available to play full time."

But the ownership of him only playing in 85 games outta the 118 is squarely on Ron Washington.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The American League is suddenly wide open and there for the taking. The Red Sox are probably the favorites at this point, but most top AL teams got "worse" on paper. The Tigers lost Scherzer. The Orioles lost Cruz and Markakis. The A's lost Lester, Samardzija, Donaldson, and Moss. The Royals lost Shields and Butler. Even the Rays lost Zobrist and Hellickson. Most of the top free agents went to the NL.

The White Sox and Red Sox improved. The Tigers are still good. The Mariners look pretty good too. But there really isn't one powerhouse team now and really the Twins and Astros are the only 2 teams I see with no chance of representing the AL in the World Series. I could see any of the other 13 winning the AL if things fall just right (including the Rangers).

The key phrase is " if things fall just right." There are a ton of things that have to fall right for this team to sniff the WS.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure I will hear it for this but Yu has to pick up his game against the AL West.

No you are correct, he needs to do his homework and perform better vs the division. That said I think he will work through that and when he does he will be even better which is scary for other teams

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 HR, 22 doubles, with a .195 average for his career is the "hitting" line for Gallardo.

This guy may get some time at DH.....just kidding. But hey, seriously, that's some kick butt numbers from a pitcher.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash for Calvin Watkins. 85 games out of a possible 118 games is not full-time. The last time Profar played full-time was in the minors. He has never been given that opportunity up here.

He was giving plenty of opportunity and he hit .234.

Whether they are currently running behind or not I would like to see something done prior to the season starting in April. The more they wait the more they will have to pay.

Well I'm 99.9% sure it won't be, because that's the SOP in MLB. It's just how things go.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cutting Calvin some slack here and think you're somewhat nitpicking.

I believe what he's saying is "the last time he was available to play full time."

But the ownership of him only playing in 85 games outta the 118 is squarely on Ron Washington.

HaHa. You are cutting him a whole lot of slack. You have to remember all of the other things Calvin has written this offseason. He is prone to not know what he is talking about at times when it comes to baseball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros made a shrewd move today, turned a FA last year that didn't make much sense (Fowler) and flipped him to the Cubs for Dan Straily (and Valbuena), who had a lot of potential before struggling in his 2nd year in Oakland and then being used poorly by the Cubs

I could see him rebounding, he's only 26, What I think is funny is many people seeing this as a bad move bc Fowler made a lot of money, this is the very definition of a good move and the types of move that have the Astros finally moving in the right direction

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was giving plenty of opportunity and he hit .234.

Well I'm 99.9% sure it won't be, because that's the SOP in MLB. It's just how things go.

Profar did about as well as could be expected for a rookie playing as often as he did while playing different positions.

SOP gets most teams left out of the postseason. The top teams think outside of the SOP box.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros made a shrewd move today, turned a FA last year that didn't make much sense (Fowler) and flipped him to the Cubs for Dan Straily (and Valbuena), who had a lot of potential before struggling in his 2nd year in Oakland and then being used poorly by the Cubs

I could see him rebounding, he's only 26, What I think is funny is many people seeing this as a bad move bc Fowler made a lot of money, this is the very definition of a good move and the types of move that have the Astros finally moving in the right direction

Astros finally got some folks that are trying to win in the FO