• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexi Ogando was 92 to 93 and touched 94 at a bullpen session for numerous teams last week,” says Reynolds. “After an earlier examination by Dr. [James] Andrews, coupled with his promising progression, we believe Alexi should have no problem securing a job and will be pitching on Day 1 of 2015 Spring Training.”

Watch him go elsewhere and pitch lights out with no injuries. Baltimore you hear this?

If he is healthy he will have a very good season whether it be in a bullpen or in a rotation. That is a big "IF" though. I sure hope we have an open mind with him and not completely shut out the possibility of bringing him back the way we did Benoit after he became free a few years back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is exactly what i've been saying. some on here seem to be fantasizing that we are suddenly going to have all of these prospects jumping to the big leagues in 2016.

What you call fantasizing I call paying attention to the minor league system of ours. Between Alfaro, Gallo, Mazara, Jackson, Thompson, Chi Chi, Williams, and a few others it is not fantasizing to expect at least 4 of them to be here in 2016. That is if they are not included in a trade. Of course if they don't hit .300 or have an ERA below 4.00 right away you will probably think they are busts.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is healthy he will have a very good season whether it be in a bullpen or in a rotation. That is a big "IF" though. I sure hope we have an open mind with him and not completely shut out the possibility of bringing him back the way we did Benoit after he became free a few years back.

I agree with you here. I'm a big fan of healthy Ogando. If he hangs out there long enough I'd love to have him back. He's an All Star starter and is just as productive out of the pen. I haven't seen his physical or x Rays though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's discuss a different angle that I tried to broach above. If Choo moves to RF and if Gallo doesn't stay at 3B and RF is the most logical choice for him then what gives in 2016?

Someone moves to LF, Gallo's arm would play well in RF, but it'll be dependent on what the best pairing is

A lot will be determined this season for a lot of players

Fielder's long term health, Profar's health and future position, Rua's place in general (OF/IF), is Choice a viable player, can Alfaro take the next step, Gallo's bat and future position, Beltre's & Andrus' future with the team

Going forward, Profar, Gallo or Rua could be the future 3B

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone moves to LF, Gallo's arm would play well in RF, but it'll be dependent on what the best pairing is

Fielder's long term health, Profar's health and future position, Rua's place in general (OF/IF), is Choice a viable player, can Alfaro take the next step, Gallo's bat and future position, Beltre's & Andrus' future with the team

Man if that all gets determined this year, plenty of answers to come we hope? It will be interesting to see it all unfold for sure.

How the pitching rounds out with any moves, or any of the young guys stepping up soon will also be interesting to watch.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hoping that Mazara does well enough that he is in LF in 2016. There are lots of things to find out this year. I wouldn't mind if Rua was in LF this year until Beltre leaves and then shifts to 3B if Gallo isn't going to play there after this season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if that all gets determined this year, plenty of answers to come we hope? It will be interesting to see it all unfold for sure.

How the pitching rounds out with any moves, or any of the young guys stepping up soon will also be interesting to watch.

The future does appear to be very bright.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you call fantasizing I call paying attention to the minor league system of ours. Between Alfaro, Gallo, Mazara, Jackson, Thompson, Chi Chi, Williams, and a few others it is not fantasizing to expect at least 4 of them to be here in 2016. That is if they are not included in a trade. Of course if they don't hit .300 or have an ERA below 4.00 right away you will probably think they are busts.

nope i am able to recognize that not every player is going to be an instant success and that some will take a year or 2 or 3 to be studs. you seem to think the opposite

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Mazara does well enough that he is in LF in 2016. There are lots of things to find out this year. I wouldn't mind if Rua was in LF this year until Beltre leaves and then shifts to 3B if Gallo isn't going to play there after this season.

what are we going to do with all the OF'ers like Choo, Martin, Rua, Smolinski, etc?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are we going to do with all the OF'ers like Choo, Martin, Rua, Smolinski, etc?

Rua might have a home at 3B when Beltre's contract is up, Smolinski likely is a 4th/5th OF type, Choice is iffy and Choo might be a DH by that point

Martin is the only CFer of that group

Then there are always trades

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope i am able to recognize that not every player is going to be an instant success and that some will take a year or 2 or 3 to be studs. you seem to think the opposite

I never said all of them would be instant successes. We do have enough of them close that there should be 4 of them ready to arrive in 2016. I also realize that it will take a few hundred at bats for them to get acclimated to the big leagues. I never expect any of them to have instant success.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said all of them would be instant successes. We do have enough of them close that there should be 4 of them ready to arrive in 2016. I also realize that it will take a few hundred at bats for them to get acclimated to the big leagues. I never expect any of them to have instant success.

i would be excited if 2 make it. there are only 25 spots on the roster and you are expecting a 25% turnover

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys - new to the forum. Found it looking for info on the Rangers Fan Fest. Never been before, and I was wondering what to expect from it, as far as the autograph scene goes. Considering a Fast Pass but not sure at this point.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects are just that... prospects. You worry about 2016 - around this time next year.... can't worry about it now.

While I agree that the future seems bright -- it could just as easily turn dark if they all hang up in AA.

If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your avatar pic from? Reason I ask is that I'm the guy that created it originally.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be excited if 2 make it. there are only 25 spots on the roster and you are expecting a 25% turnover

I mentioned 4 making it. You might want to check your math. Then again, it isn't unusual at all to have a 25% turnover some years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your avatar pic from? Reason I ask is that I'm the guy that created it originally.
Welcome. Board is a little light tonight. Will get very busy before long.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys - new to the forum. Found it looking for info on the Rangers Fan Fest. Never been before, and I was wondering what to expect from it, as far as the autograph scene goes. Considering a Fast Pass but not sure at this point.

Welcome.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a good event, plan on lots of walking. Like all over the ballpark. I go every year and it is much better at the park than at the Arlington Convention Center, aside from how far apart most of the signings are. The fast pass is great if you don't mind spending the dough. So far the players listed are Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, SS Choo, Prince Fielder and Pudge. Without the Fast pass you will be able to stand in lines for a couple autograph sessions and the lines are quite long, so there is only a chance for a handful of the big league guys maybe, and then the young guys that participate. Lots of fun, let me know if I can answer anything else in particular