• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know yet. Part of me thinks they may put him in the OF and move Rua to first if Rua is still working out.

I had always heard that if he moved he would move to RF to take advantage of his arm. Does that mean Choo goes to LF again if they move him to the OF?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what my thoughts were last season.

Didn't he pick up a few AB in the OF last season? Not many, but a few. Seems like I remember this.

Some of what happens with him, position wise, may depend on how Profar does this season, me thinks. If Profar is going to be our answer at 3rd for the long term, then that big boy's bat is going to the OF.

He hasn't played any OF at all during the season. I believe you are thinking about him getting some work there this offseason in instructional ball.

I still believe Profar will play up the middle. Probably 2B. We shall see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban Right-Hander Yoan Lopez Cleared To Sign With MLB Teams ? MLB Trade Rumors

Does anyone know if the Rangers are interested in this kid?

Lopez has held multiple showcases for Major League clubs since defecting from Cuba and establishing residence in Haiti, and he’s also held private workouts for multiple yet-unreported clubs. Sanchez writes that Lopez’s fastball sits 93 to 95 mph, but he’s touched 100 mph on occasion. He also throws a cutter, curve, changeup and slider, per Sanchez, who adds that Lopez worked to a 3.12 ERA with a 28-to-11 K/BB ratio in 49 innings in his final season in Cuba.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM Jon Daniels said Harrison is on target in his rehab and has received good reports from the medical staff regarding his recovery. Harrison was once one of the more durable pitchers for the Rangers, having started 62 games during a two-year span.

Health issues forced him to start just six games over the last two seasons.

Also, Rangers officials said second baseman Jurickson Profar (torn shoulder muscle) is scheduled to begin a throwing program, starting from 45 feet the week of Jan. 19.

Matt Harrison progressing from injury - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About two dozen teams were expected to be on hand for Alexi Ogando‘s showcase yesterday in Tampa, tweets Hall of Fame journalist Peter Gammons. Ogando, 31, was non-tendered by the Rangers this offseason after he missed much of the 2014 campaign with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Although he had a rough time in 2014 with an ERA near 7.00, Ogando entered the season with a career 3.12 ERA, 7.2 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9 in 381 innings split between the Rangers’ rotation and bullpen. Given his track record of success as both a starter and reliever, it’s not surprising that more than two-thirds of the team in the league would want to get a look at him to gauge his health for themselves.

Johan Santana is again plotting a comeback, and ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick updates his progress. The lefty is preparing to appear in a Venezuelan winter league game and hopes to sign before camp opens, agent Peter Greenberg says.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's get Escobar and Zobrist for Jaso and a couple of minor league players.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's get Escobar and Zobrist for Jaso and a couple of minor league players.

I would have liked having Zobrist before he was 33 and only had a year left on his contract. He's one of the most underrated players in the game.

A's have given up their two best prospects in the last 6 months for rental players. Escobar is inconsistent. Hopefully for the AL West, Zobrist will start to decline.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/10 - The Rockies and Rangers engaged in “significant” trade talks involving catcher Wilin Rosario, reports Saunders. However, a trade has yet to materialize. The Rockies are now saying they’re comfortable splitting Rosario’s time between catcher and first base, although that could be posturing.

1/11 - Alexi Ogando‘s shoulder medicals don’t look great, according to an American League executive. Still, once his price lowers and he’s no longer holding out for a major league contract, teams will compete for his services.