• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now he's feeling fine and thats all we can hope for.

Selfishly I want him back on the field and being really good, so jackasses like Randy Galloway won't pile on and blame JD for not trading him and every other silly thing Randy Galloway complains about.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly I want him back on the field and being really good, so jackasses like Randy Galloway won't pile on and blame JD for not trading him and every other silly thing Randy Galloway complains about.
I've known Randy for years and really most have always just blown him off as a blow hard. He got that job riding his mother's coat tail.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has a hard choice to make. Miss 2015 w/ surgery vs risk injury again or maybe be fine.

Just worried he's gonna be a "never was." All that potential gone...The longer he stays off the field the less likely it is he ever comes back.

None of us really know the situation with that tear. It definitely wasn't a full thickness tear or surgery wouldn't have been optional. It's possible it was a severe strain resulting in very small tears or fraying in the muscle. In this case, surgery would probably involve more cleaning up than any actual repairs. If I remember right, it was his teres minor which is a rotator cuff muscle, but the least important of the four. If he were a pitcher if be more concerned. As long as he strengthens the bejesus out of his scapular stabilizers and rotator cuff, he should be okay.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us really know the situation with that tear. It definitely wasn't a full thickness tear or surgery wouldn't have been optional. It's possible it was a severe strain resulting in very small tears or fraying in the muscle. In this case, surgery would probably involve more cleaning up than any actual repairs. If I remember right, it was his teres minor which is a rotator cuff muscle, but the least important of the three. If he were a pitcher if be more concerned. As long as he strengthens the bejesus out of his scapular stabilizers and rotator cuff, he should be okay.

I will take your word for it. Just worried because he's a SS and has to throw so much that it could mean some bad news.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take your word for it. Just worried because he's a SS and has to throw so much that it could mean some bad news.

Nothing is for certain. I honestly don't have near enough info to make a legitimate assessment.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may be one of those rare finds you're always looking for.:hope:

From 2011 17th round (534 overall) ... jumping from Hickory to Frisco at the end of 2013 ... and then ending up on the ML roster in 2014. Odds are he might face a sophomore slump ... but to get to this level and in my recollection was never a hailed prospect. Ryan Ruan = Ben Zobrist starter kit?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2011 17th round (534 overall) ... jumping from Hickory to Frisco at the end of 2013 ... and then ending up on the ML roster in 2014. Odds are he might face a sophomore slump ... but to get to this level and in my recollection was never a hailed prospect. Ryan Ruan = Ben Zobrist starter kit?

That would be nice...Ben Zobrist is a heck of a talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He returns!!!! :dance:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is very silly to blame JD for Profar being hurt. If JD had traded him and he became a perennial All Star Galloway would blame him for that as well.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He returns!!!! :dance:

Took a sabbatical although lurked some. Working (still) four pieces of veteran legislation plus then doubled up and talked into running for mayor (unsuccessfully but scared the heck out of the incumbent).

When injuries spelled a killed off year ... enjoyed watching the kids ... just didn't have time to live here 24/7 like the past four years. Am going to hope to stay on ... although our legislative session starts in three weeks and doubt will get much sleep until mid-April.

Good seeing ya'll have kept the lights on here. The last two places burnt down.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hardy welcome back.:yahoo:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a sabbatical although lurked some. Working (still) four pieces of veteran legislation plus then doubled up and talked into running for mayor (unsuccessfully but scared the heck out of the incumbent).

When injuries spelled a killed off year ... enjoyed watching the kids ... just didn't have time to live here 24/7 like the past four years. Am going to hope to stay on ... although our legislative session starts in three weeks and doubt will get much sleep until mid-April.

Good seeing ya'll have kept the lights on here. The last two places burnt down.

Earlier than I predicted, I predicted ST for the end to your sabbatical

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is for certain. I honestly don't have near enough info to make a legitimate assessment.

Did he not have surgery last season on it or was it just rehab? If he just did the rehab and opted out of surgery then it was a wasted year for nothing. So he lost a year as is and the way it looks like there's a pretty good chance he'll miss another year because he'll have a surgery that he should have had a year ago.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edinson Volquez to KC for 2 years and $20 million.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC signs Medlen to 2 year deal