• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said, "I have never understood the amount of hate some fans express towards him." That doesn't mean I don't understand why he is disliked. I think there is a big difference between dislike and hate, but there isn't for some folks. I do realize there are some folks who think they have to hate everything they don't love, but I have never understood why they feel that way. That goes a lot further than just baseball though.

It seems to me there were many players on that 2012 team who didn't give their all down the stretch. They collapsed again the next season without Josh being here. That is what ultimately happens under a player's manager who only knows how to discipline rookies and very young players.

He said this is a football town. There have been many others down through the years to express those sentiments as well. The implication that it can't also be a baseball town is wrong no matter if Josh was saying it or whoever else might say it. I think Josh was wrong in the implications behind his statement, but it is nothing to hate or even dislike him for in my opinion.
He quit on his team, and that's enough for me to dislike him. I'm not talking about the team collapse. He didn't say its a football town. He said it's not a baseball town. That part doesn't bother me now, but when that was added to him quitting then it pissed me off even more. Then his trashy wife said we should've put a ring on it after Josh told JD he would allow the Rangers a chance to match, which he didn't.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He quit on his team, and that's enough for me to dislike him. I'm not talking about the team collapse. He didn't say its a football town. He said it's not a baseball town. That part doesn't bother me now, but when that was added to him quitting then it pissed me off even more. Then his trashy wife said we should've put a ring on it after Josh told JD he would allow the Rangers a chance to match, which he didn't.

Those teams in 2012 and 2013 failed because the clubhouse in general coasted for large chunks of the season at times. All of the coasters could very well be called quitters. Every time the race would get tight they started playing better and then when they put some distance between themselves and the second place team they started coasting again. They finally found that they couldn't flip the switch as easily as they used to be able to and the collapse was on. They became a team of switch flippers until they broke the switch.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams in 2012 and 2013 failed because the clubhouse in general coasted for large chunks of the season at times. All of the coasters could very well be called quitters. Every time the race would get tight they started playing better and then when they put some distance between themselves and the second place team they started coasting again. They finally found that they couldn't flip the switch as easily as they used to be able to and the collapse was on. They became a team of switch flippers until they broke the switch.

I don't remember the team quitting. I remember him quitting. He didn't even play for periods of time due to whatever horseshit excuse he came up with next. The team collapsed. He quit. He wasnt even there mentally. He took AB after AB off.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the coasters and let's see how they stack up with Josh since you said they could be called quitters.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhh....
and of course there isnt a story yet up on the blog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its finally up.

Profar rejects surgery idea, wants to play this season with Texas Rangers | Dallas Morning News

Texas Rangers infielder Jurickson Profar, trying to regain his status as a top prospect, said on Wednesday that he rejected the suggestion of shoulder surgery.

“I already missed one season,” Profar said. “I don’t want to miss another one.”

Profar did not play at any level this year because of a torn shoulder muscle, incurred during spring training. Dr. Neal ElAttrache, a prominent Los Angeles-based orthopedist, recently suggested surgery as an option. The procedure likely would cause Profar to miss the entire 2015 season.

Profar said his workouts are going well, and he expects to be ready for the start of spring training. General manager Jon Daniels has said Profar is likely to start the season in the minors because he needs to make up for lost time.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the team quitting. I remember him quitting. He didn't even play for periods of time due to whatever horseshit excuse he came up with next. The team collapsed. He quit. He wasnt even there mentally. He took AB after AB off.

You are right. The team absolutely did not quit. Josh did. There's a difference between not playing well (team) and not showing even the slightest effort or concern (Josh). Ron Washington and Michael Young literally had to beg Josh to suit up on multiple nights. He came up with too many lame and unreasonable excuses not to play to even count. He would laugh after striking out on 3 pitches in the dirt and walk lazily back to the dugout time and time again. And then there's the infamous weak routine pop-up in Oakland that he dogged it on and dropped. Easy-going Wash even chewed his ass out in the dugout for it.

And then he and his soulless money-grubbing bitch of a wife had the audacity to suggest that poor little Joshie wasn't treated right or appreciated in Texas. Please. That is delusional narcissism of the highest order. Management worked tirelessly to help him. They paid to have a babysitter for him. They allowed him to take time off for BS excuses. His teammates made special concessions not to have alcohol anywhere near him. Kinsler went and picked him up when he was wasted and cheating on his wife at Sherlock's. And the fans worshipped him and supported him 100% during all of his troubles.

Josh Hamilton's problem is that he is the mental equivalent of a 2nd grader who has always had special treatment because of his elite talent. Pair that type of physically-gifted dullard with a conniving woman and you get the Josh Hamilton fiasco.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. The team absolutely did not quit. Josh did. There's a difference between not playing well (team) and not showing even the slightest effort or concern (Josh). Ron Washington and Michael Young literally had to beg Josh to suit up on multiple nights. He came up with too many lame and unreasonable excuses not to play to even count. He would laugh after striking out on 3 pitches in the dirt and walk lazily back to the dugout time and time again. And then there's the infamous weak routine pop-up in Oakland that he dogged it on and dropped. Easy-going Wash even chewed his ass out in the dugout for it.

And then he and his soulless money-grubbing bitch of a wife had the audacity to suggest that poor little Joshie wasn't treated right or appreciated in Texas. Please. That is delusional narcissism of the highest order. Management worked tirelessly to help him. They paid to have a babysitter for him. They allowed him to take time off for BS excuses. His teammates made special concessions not to have alcohol anywhere near him. Kinsler went and picked him up when he was wasted and cheating on his wife at Sherlock's. And the fans worshipped him and supported him 100% during all of his troubles.

Josh Hamilton's problem is that he is the mental equivalent of a 2nd grader who has always had special treatment because of his elite talent. Pair that type of physically-gifted dullard with a conniving woman and you get the Josh Hamilton fiasco.

You know, those supposed pictures and videos tmz said they had never did turn up.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, those supposed pictures and videos tmz said they had never did turn up.

Too many people who were actually there that night all corroborated each other's stories with the exact same account of what Josh was doing there. The Rangers did a pretty good job of covering it up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people who were actually there that night all corroborated each other's stories with the exact same account of what Josh was doing there. The Rangers did a pretty good job of covering it up.

My guess is that ixnaed any thoughts they had of seriously backing up the money truck for him.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that ixnaed any thoughts they had of seriously backing up the money truck for him.

Played a big factor, I'm sure. A player who is a constant source of drama on the field is one thing. But when he is a diva both on AND off the field, he usually isn't worth the trouble.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What they did was let up and coast. Several of those guys on those teams are guilty of that. Call it quitting or whatever else anyone wants to call it, but it was sorry whatever you want to call it. Josh was not the only thing wrong with that team by any stretch of the imagination. Hopefully, Banister doesn't put up with any of that nonsense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers notes: Jon Daniels still working to upgrade roster - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

"I think there are a few areas where we'd like to add some depth, and we may," Daniels said. "I think a lot of our internal candidates for these spots there's been a lot of competition that's been created, both by some of the pieces that we've brought but maybe moreso some of the development of our young guys and the positive medical news were getting from the whole group that should be the best players on our team. I don't view it as an end date of putting a team together. There are moves (that) can be made, and we're going to take that approach. I do feel pretty good about the news we're getting on a lot of our guys and where that's gong to lead us."

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres and the Dodgers still have not completed the deal for Kemp. It has hit a snag. Tomorrow is the deadline.