• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Dodgers, they totally ruin the market for other teams, in what world does Brett Anderson garner 10 million? That's absurd for a guy that's never healthy

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both the signings definitely low risk-medium reward type deals. Maybe, Kyle Blanks will be a late bloomer type like Nelson Cruz was. Hitter friendly ballpark just needs to stay healthy.

The park is pretty neutral anymore.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Dodgers, they totally ruin the market for other teams, in what world does Brett Anderson garner 10 million? That's absurd for a guy that's never healthy

Exactly.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That group including Magic Johnson purchasing the team was the single worst thing to happen to baseball in the last 10 years. Some of their signings have made the Yankees look like penny pinchers by comparison.

It was bad enough when the 25-27 other teams in baseball had to watch the Yankees (and to a lesser degree Red Sox and Angels) money-whip all of the top free agents. But now that Godzilla has temporarily gone on a slight destruction hiatus, here comes Mothra to wipe out the rest of the city.

Basically, they're going to spend however many hundreds of millions it takes until they buy themselves a World Series. It hasn't worked for them so far, and it might not for a while longer, but eventually it will. But in the meantime they're doing nothing but driving up the price of even the most mediocre free agents. Brett Anderson could potentially make 14MM in one year and will at least pocket 10MM. That is just insanity.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Yankees don't help either. How about the deal Headley signed? In no way should he garner that size contract.

TexasPower

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a chuckle out of that Rios signing. Couldn't stand him when he was with Toronto, then he put up good numbers in Chicago, and with us he was just terrible in my opinion. I'm so glad we didn't resign him...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That group including Magic Johnson purchasing the team was the single worst thing to happen to baseball in the last 10 years. Some of their signings have made the Yankees look like penny pinchers by comparison.

It was bad enough when the 25-27 other teams in baseball had to watch the Yankees (and to a lesser degree Red Sox and Angels) money-whip all of the top free agents. But now that Godzilla has temporarily gone on a slight destruction hiatus, here comes Mothra to wipe out the rest of the city.

Basically, they're going to spend however many hundreds of millions it takes until they buy themselves a World Series. It hasn't worked for them so far, and it might not for a while longer, but eventually it will. But in the meantime they're doing nothing but driving up the price of even the most mediocre free agents. Brett Anderson could potentially make 14MM in one year and will at least pocket 10MM. That is just insanity.

All this says to every big league pitcher who's arm is about to fall off is "Hey you're worth 10 million dollars too!"

That said I was in interested in Anderson, but only as a Medlen/Beachy type incentive based signing, but all they just did was drive up the market for both of those guys too

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this says to every big league pitcher who's arm is about to fall off is "Hey you're worth 10 million dollars too!"

That said I was in interested in Anderson, but only as a Medlen/Beachy type incentive based signing, but all they just did was drive up the market for both of those guys too

I think it is a result of all of the extra TV revenue that is in the game as of the last couple of years. Teams have more money to spend than ever before and you can see it in some of these new contracts. What once was extravagant is now becoming average.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man...I stopped by ESPN Dallas. That was a bad idea. Dan Anthony is going off about how Kyle Blanks isn't even an OF and has only played 1B in his career...He has played LF RF and 1B in major league innings mind you. Then he goes on to berate JD for prospects and other things. I wonder how that guy remembers to breathe.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man...I stopped by ESPN Dallas. That was a bad idea. Dan Anthony is going off about how Kyle Blanks isn't even an OF and has only played 1B in his career...He has played LF RF and 1B in major league innings mind you. Then he goes on to berate JD for prospects and other things. I wonder how that guy remembers to breathe.
Your fault. You know better. lmbo. haha:lol:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a non-consequential move, if he does anything awesome, if he doesn't kick him to the curb, he has power appeal though, not even the Oakland water (PEDs) could cause him to have a career year out of no where

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a non-consequential move, if he does anything awesome, if he doesn't kick him to the curb, he has power appeal though, not even the Oakland water (PEDs) could cause him to have a career year out of no where

And considering it's a split contract. For some reason folks have the notion that every signing by the organization is all about winning instead of adding depth. If he can hit LHP then awesome. If not, then low risk no reward.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying there might be another team involved in the Padres/Rays trade talks involving Wil Myers. I wouldn't mind acquiring him. I don't think he's scratched the surface of his potential. I know we aren't, but that would be awesome.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox 4 sports reported Texas and Angels had a discussion about Hamilton returning to Texas but conversation didn't gain much traction. I bet not. Angels still owe him 83 mil for next two years.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox 4 sports reported Texas and Angels had a discussion about Hamilton returning to Texas but conversation didn't gain much traction. I bet not. Angels still owe him 83 mil for next two years.

90.2 M over the next 3 years. They owe him 32 per for the last 2 years of his deal.