• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox 4 sports reported Texas and Angels had a discussion about Hamilton returning to Texas but conversation didn't gain much traction. I bet not. Angels still owe him 83 mil for next two years.

That would be odd. I actually wouldn't of minded that lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox 4 sports reported Texas and Angels had a discussion about Hamilton returning to Texas but conversation didn't gain much traction. I bet not. Angels still owe him 83 mil for next two years.

20-do-not-want.jpg

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Padres deal with Kemp is falling through? He was supposed to take a physical today and the deal has to be completed by Thurs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will NEVER happen, but if Hamilton(and his wife) hadn't of burnt...err...nuked that bridge, it would work out well for Hamilton and the Rangers. He played great in Texas, and probably would again. The pressure of living up to that deal with the Angels was always gonna be to much for him. But who knows, I'd have never thought Michael Young would be back here getting JD's coffee either

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90.2 M over the next 3 years. They owe him 32 per for the last 2 years of his deal.

Funny thing is the Angels would probably pay almost all of the money to get rid of his sorry ass. In chorus now SportsHoopla rangers fans "we told you so"

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is the Angels would probably pay almost all of the money to get rid of his sorry ass. In chorus now SportsHoopla rangers fans "we told you so"

The sad thing about all of this is that Hamilton needed the Rangers MUCH more than the Rangers needed Hamilton. I know his idiot wife was responsible for his FA debacle tho.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing about all of this is that Hamilton needed the Rangers MUCH more than the Rangers needed Hamilton. I know his idiot wife was responsible for his FA debacle tho.
Although his wife was a headache, Josh stands alone for his actions.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Josh is broken. I don't believe he'll ever come close to what he did here in Arlington. Although there is absolutely no question in my mind that deep down Hamilton wants to be in Texas and still wishes he was.

That said I don't think the organization wants any part in that fraud.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Josh is broken. I don't believe he'll ever come close to what he did here in Arlington. Although there is absolutely no question in my mind that deep down Hamilton wants to be in Texas and still wishes he was.

That said I don't think the organization wants any part in that fraud.

Josh had it good here with Wash & Narron. Once that all went away -- so did Josh.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will NEVER happen, but if Hamilton(and his wife) hadn't of burnt...err...nuked that bridge, it would work out well for Hamilton and the Rangers. He played great in Texas, and probably would again. The pressure of living up to that deal with the Angels was always gonna be to much for him. But who knows, I'd have never thought Michael Young would be back here getting JD's coffee either

I have always wondered when Hamilton left Texas to go play with the Angels if everyone lost. I think if Josh had found a way to stay here that he would have been better off personally and professionally. The Angles would have been better off and maybe even the Rangers would have been better off. This might have been the only place he could have been successful. I think Josh and his wife and his agent undervalued to a very great extent just how good he had it here. I have always thought the change of scenery thing is usually exaggerated in baseball, but in this case in Josh's situation he might have needed a certain "scenery" to be successful.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wondered when Hamilton left Texas to go play with the Angels if everyone lost. I think if Josh had found a way to stay here that he would have been better off personally and professionally. The Angles would have been better off and maybe even the Rangers would have been better off. This might have been the only place he could have been successful. I think Josh and his wife and his agent undervalued to a very great extent just how good he had it here. I have always thought the change of scenery thing is usually exaggerated in baseball, but in this case in Josh's situation he might have needed a certain "scenery" to be successful.

That being said, I hold no ill will towards Josh and wish him nothing but the best and I am very grateful for what he gave us. I have never understood the amount of hate some fans express towards him. He was a very odd guy who was very talented and helped us reach the postseason.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I hold no ill will towards Josh and wish him nothing but the best and I am very grateful for what he gave us. I have never understood the amount of hate some fans express towards him. He was a very odd guy who was very talented and helped us reach the postseason.

Can't say I've ever hated the guy but the guy is certainly a douche and a fraud. And I've seriously thought this for a long long time even when he was at his peak here.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you don't understand why he's disliked is hard to believe. He quit on his team mates after making excuse after excuse for missing games. On top of that he bad mouthed the metroplex after signing with the Angels.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you don't understand why he's disliked is hard to believe. He quit on his team mates after making excuse after excuse for missing games. On top of that he bad mouthed the metroplex after signing with the Angels.

I said, "I have never understood the amount of hate some fans express towards him." That doesn't mean I don't understand why he is disliked. I think there is a big difference between dislike and hate, but there isn't for some folks. I do realize there are some folks who think they have to hate everything they don't love, but I have never understood why they feel that way. That goes a lot further than just baseball though.

It seems to me there were many players on that 2012 team who didn't give their all down the stretch. They collapsed again the next season without Josh being here. That is what ultimately happens under a player's manager who only knows how to discipline rookies and very young players.

He said this is a football town. There have been many others down through the years to express those sentiments as well. The implication that it can't also be a baseball town is wrong no matter if Josh was saying it or whoever else might say it. I think Josh was wrong in the implications behind his statement, but it is nothing to hate or even dislike him for in my opinion.