• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more money coming in, but they aren't sure if adding another 8 figure contract would get them to the postseason or not, so they are gonna wait. I'll say this, a month ago, I thought waiting to see what kind of team we'll have once we get some guys back was a solid call, but that was before Oakland gave away half their team for prospects. Adding a James Shields to the rotation would make them the best team in the division IMO. That wouldn't have been the case a month ago

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more money coming in, but they aren't sure if adding another 8 figure contract would get them to the postseason or not, so they are gonna wait. I'll say this, a month ago, I thought waiting to see what kind of team we'll have once we get some guys back was a solid call, but that was before Oakland gave away half their team for prospects. Adding a James Shields to the rotation would make them the best team in the division IMO. That wouldn't have been the case a month ago

Even if I was sure we were going to be contenders I wouldn't want Shields for the same reason why I didn't want to keep CJ any longer. They are both very good regular season pitchers, but very suspect in the postseason.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with the wait and see mode on some of these younger guys when they get a shot,

Guys like Rua/Choice/Smolinski & Odor/Profar need to play as much as possible

Fielder and Choo need to split DHing duties, with Rua, Choice and/or Smolinski getting on the field

If some bomb, like Choice did last year, hopefully someone else can step up, if not, you consider making a move potentially, but only if they're in the hunt

with them adding DeShields Jr in the Rule 5, one of them might not make the opening day roster

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense, but I don't know that this team's budget would change even with an influx of a few mllion in insurance money. Their share of the national TV revenue and their local TV revenue have increased substantially from what it was two years ago and they still haven't raised their budget very much at all from what it was two years ago.

I was just adding to the article that there would be more money if the insurance kicked in, didn't suggest they would spend it. I again think the wait and see mode lasts through this season and spending may increase at at a later time. Has the TV money come in yet, for some reason I didnt think it kicked in til 2015?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just adding to the article that there would be more money if the insurance kicked in, didn't suggest they would spend it. I again think the wait and see mode lasts through this season and spending may increase at at a later time. Has the TV money come in yet, for some reason I didnt think it kicked in til 2015?

The additional national TV money kicked in for the 2014 season and the local TV money kicks in this coming season so it is a factor in the budget they are currently working with.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The additional national TV money kicked in for the 2014 season and the local TV money kicks in this coming season so it is a factor in the budget they are currently working with.

Well those cheap ass penny pinching bastards. HEEHEE! Just joshin

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that the final contract for Fuji was 1MM. Not bad for a year and an option.

TexasPower

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both the signings definitely low risk-medium reward type deals. Maybe, Kyle Blanks will be a late bloomer type like Nelson Cruz was. Hitter friendly ballpark just needs to stay healthy.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both the signings definitely low risk-medium reward type deals. Maybe, Kyle Blanks will be a late bloomer type like Nelson Cruz was. Hitter friendly ballpark just needs to stay healthy.

I'm doubting anything happens but I guess it's worth a try