• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals got 151 starts out of their 5 starting pitchers with the most innings. Fucking A...

And wouldn't you know it..The best Rangers team of all time in 2011...Guess how many starts their top 5 starters with the most innings made that year? 157.

The famous Anne Boleyn could almost count on her right hand the number of starters Texas needed in 2011. 7 btw.

That's actually a long-standing rumor which historians have dispelled. Having extra fingers was a sign of being a witch and Henry VIII would have never married her.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a long-standing rumor which historians have dispelled. Having extra fingers was a sign of being a witch and Henry VIII would have never married her.

I know it's a myth, but that was a pretty good historical reference. It's worth some credit.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a myth, but that was a pretty good historical reference. It's worth some credit.

Definitely bonus points awarded for the historical reference. Bringing a little extra academia to the boards is never a bad thing!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its Sergio Romo and not Santos.

Romo would be a pretty big land for JD, not to be a buzz kill but I doubt he makes this big of a move. Especially in the current state of injury limbo. I think his price tag is higher than what JD is willing to spend on a BP piece

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we didn't lose Hoying and picked up another CF that can fly. You always need a guy on the bench that can steal a base anytime they need him to.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we didn't lose Hoying and picked up another CF that can fly. You always need a guy on the bench that can steal a base anytime they need him to.

He certainly seems to fit that category.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wish we had kept Odubel but maybe he doesn't make their roster and he comes back

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Matt Harrison hoping to throw in January
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
Rangers pitcher Matt Harrison is hoping to begin throwing in January, according to FoxSports.

Harrison is coming off back surgery, and is expected to meet with doctors next week. While Harrison could start throwing soon, general manager Jon Daniels has said he doesn't expect Harrison to be at 100 percent by spring training. Harrison was limited to four starts last season due to the injury.

Man can this guy catch a break and have a few healthy seasons?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't. No idea what he's talking about.

Maybe this is why

Report: Rangers have had discussions with Sergio Santos
The Rangers have had discussions with free-agent reliever Sergio Santos , according to FoxSports.com.

Santos struggled with injuries last season, posting an 8.57 ERA over 21 innings. The 31-year-old has battled arm injuries since leaving the White Sox in 2011.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is why

Report: Rangers have had discussions with Sergio Santos
The Rangers have had discussions with free-agent reliever Sergio Santos , according to FoxSports.com.

Santos struggled with injuries last season, posting an 8.57 ERA over 21 innings. The 31-year-old has battled arm injuries since leaving the White Sox in 2011.

I had read something about this as well a few days ago. I hope that is not who JD is talking about.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take advantage of this:

The Phillies‘ hopes of landing a huge return for Cole Hamels took a hit during the Winter Meetings, David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News writes. The Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers (the three teams usually cited as the top potential suitors for Hamels) all made moves to solidify their rotations, thus robbing the Phils of some leverage in trade talks.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take advantage of this:

The Phillies‘ hopes of landing a huge return for Cole Hamels took a hit during the Winter Meetings, David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News writes. The Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers (the three teams usually cited as the top potential suitors for Hamels) all made moves to solidify their rotations, thus robbing the Phils of some leverage in trade talks.

Something along the lines of what the Marlins gave up for Latos is fine by me, especially with the price tag already attached to Hamels

What they get back is dependent on how much they are willing to eat of the contract, the more they eat they more they get back in return (which is what they should be trying to do), b/c spending isn't really an issue for them