• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney of the Marlins to the Dodgers for Dee Gordon, not sure about that one?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney of the Marlins to the Dodgers for Dee Gordon, not sure about that one?

Check that it was Haren and Dee for Heaney and 3 other players from Miami. Makes more sense, I think

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe we haven't heard from terps.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like I am the only one who thought most of his information he had from his "friend" was pretty vague. No clue how his friend could keep his job if he leaked as much as he did.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I am the only one who thought most of his information he had from his "friend" was pretty vague. No clue how his friend could keep his job if he leaked as much as he did.

He called a couple moves before they happened. Garza and Rios are two that come to mind.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He posts every day over at defendingbigd.com under the same user name. He's more into hockey now it would seem, which is kind of odd because it's pretty clear by some of his posts that he doesn't know as much about hockey as he does baseball.

I do think he was being honest though about having a friend who was a scout for the team. Some of that stuff didn't pan out, but his info did seem pretty specific and genuine.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think much of it either, called him out on a couple things too

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called a couple moves before they happened. Garza and Rios are two that come to mind.

Yeah but he called Rios before the trade deadline, not as a waiver claim/trade

And he was saying we would be giving up far more than we actually did

I called the Rios trade as much as he did, that wasn't saying much

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think much of it either, called him out on a couple things too

I am not surprised to know you feel that way too. I feel like were both reasonably skeptical when people claim to have inside information.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posts every day over at defendingbigd.com under the same user name. He's more into hockey now it would seem, which is kind of odd because it's pretty clear by some of his posts that he doesn't know as much about hockey as he does baseball.

I do think he was being honest though about having a friend who was a scout for the team. Some of that stuff didn't pan out, but his info did seem pretty specific and genuine.

You frequent SB Nation sites as a commenter or are you a lurker?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You frequent SB Nation sites as a commenter or are you a lurker?

Just that site, and yes I just lurk there. I posted multiple times daily on the old dallasstars.com forum before they took it down. But defendingbigd is just too filled with people claiming to be knowledgeable (like Terps) but really just spout off a bunch of stuff that is totally wrong. There are a handful of guys there who do know their stuff and you can tell it from their posts. They follow the AHL and CHL a lot more closely than I do, so I like picking up some tidbits on the lesser known prospects coming up. Plus that site is really good for breaking Stars news. So I do check it out once a week or so.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just that site, and yes I just lurk there. I posted multiple times daily on the old dallasstars.com forum before they took it down. But defendingbigd is just too filled with people claiming to be knowledgeable (like Terps) but really just spout off a bunch of stuff that is totally wrong. There are a handful of guys there who do know their stuff and you can tell it from their posts. They follow the AHL and CHL a lot more closely than I do, so I like picking up some tidbits on the lesser known prospects coming up. Plus that site is really good for breaking Stars news. So I do check it out once a week or so.

Yeah I don't follow the Stars as much as I probably should, but I just don't love hockey the way I love baseball and football. I also don't try to talk much about hockey either. I know the Stars have a hard time finding reliable defensemen and they are a huge mess on the ice this year. That's the extent of my knowledge this year.

Blogging the Boys is hit or miss too, because with the Cowboys you get everyone with an opinion sharing.

Lone Star Ball is by far my favorite SB Nation site. Lots of knowledgeable fans and a few funny trolls.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't follow the Stars as much as I probably should, but I just don't love hockey the way I love baseball and football. I also don't try to talk much about hockey either. I know the Stars have a hard time finding reliable defensemen and they are a huge mess on the ice this year. That's the extent of my knowledge this year.

Blogging the Boys is hit or miss too, because with the Cowboys you get everyone with an opinion sharing.

Lone Star Ball is by far my favorite SB Nation site. Lots of knowledgeable fans and a few funny trolls.

I'm in the same boat, just could never get serious about hockey

And this is why I'm not a Cowboys fan, just always been too much BS to deal with, my Bucs might suck but I only have to worry about my opinion being shared

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat, just could never get serious about hockey

And this is why I'm not a Cowboys fan, just always been too much BS to deal with, my Bucs might suck but I only have to worry about my opinion being shared

Weird thing is most of the time it's people who hate the Cowboys talking about them the loudest. I've never understood that. I sports hate lots of teams, but I don't spend my time on there forums or fan blogs talking shit about them. I just don't get that mindset.

I will talk shit about teams I hate with like minded fans who also hate them. That's how it should be!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird thing is most of the time it's people who hate the Cowboys talking about them the loudest. I've never understood that. I sports hate lots of teams, but I don't spend my time on there forums or fan blogs talking shit about them. I just don't get that mindset.

I will talk shit about teams I hate with like minded fans who also hate them. That's how it should be!

I don't dislike the Cowboys, in fact I hate every team in the East probably b/c I grew up watching them with family fans

But I sure do like poking the bear with my friends that are serious fans