• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From DMN:
Right-hander Jose Leclerc, a power reliever in the Texas Rangers’ minor-league system, had his sixth consecutive scoreless appearance in the Dominican Republic winter league on Tuesday night.

Leclerc retired all four hitters faced in Gigantes del Cibao’s 11-0 win over Licey. Three of the hitters have major-league experience.

In his six appearances, Leclerc has not allowed a run in 8 2/3 innings. He has allowed one walk with 16 strikeouts, and opponents have only two hits in 22 at-bats against him.

Leclerc, who will turn 21 this month, was a closer in the high-A Carolina League this season. He had 14 saves and allowed only 39 hits with 79 strikeouts in 57 1/3 innings.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From DMN:
Right-hander Jose Leclerc, a power reliever in the Texas Rangers’ minor-league system, had his sixth consecutive scoreless appearance in the Dominican Republic winter league on Tuesday night.

Leclerc retired all four hitters faced in Gigantes del Cibao’s 11-0 win over Licey. Three of the hitters have major-league experience.

In his six appearances, Leclerc has not allowed a run in 8 2/3 innings. He has allowed one walk with 16 strikeouts, and opponents have only two hits in 22 at-bats against him.

Leclerc, who will turn 21 this month, was a closer in the high-A Carolina League this season. He had 14 saves and allowed only 39 hits with 79 strikeouts in 57 1/3 innings.

I like the sound of that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, another texas guy on this board with some baeeball knowledge.

I worded this wrong. I should've said, "Finally, a new poster in here with some baseball knowledge."

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers GM Jon Daniels not unwilling to deal out from prospect pool - ESPN Dallas

JD comes off as being a little overly sensitive in this article. I sure hope that isn't the case.

I don't think so. He's just annoyed at all the second guessing and "experts" who keep putting a bunch of garbage out there. It sounds like he's saying "stfu and let me do my job". I get where he's coming from.

Btw, did you see Larry's post on that article? That kind of fan is exactly who JD's comments are directed at. He actually thinks JD works for him. What a tool.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland also losing Luke Gregerson as Houston has signed him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. He's just annoyed at all the second guessing and "experts" who keep putting a bunch of garbage out there. It sounds like he's saying "stfu and let me do my job". I get where he's coming from.

Btw, did you see Larry's post on that article? That kind of fan is exactly who JD's comments are directed at. He actually thinks JD works for him. What a tool.

Its like he's obligated to listen to the unemployed Jim Bowden's of the world

Not sure if its the same guy, but there was one guy who thought Alfaro, Gallo & Profar for Kemp was a good trade suggestion. :L

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry is a good guy and a very big fan. I understand where he is coming from in that ultimately the fans have to be pleased with the product or no one will keep their jobs. They don't have to please fans with every move, but overall the majority of us have to be pleased in the long run.

Larry can be a little out on the limb sometimes with his opinions, but I cut him some slack since I know he is desperate for the Rangers to win before cancer wins against him. From what he told me in the past 2015 will probably be his last season on this earth. Besides, I get out on the limb myself at times so who am I to talk.

I do think JD could have handled that question better than he did. I can understand him getting a little frustrated, but he is not supposed to show it publicly. That is what made me wonder if he was being overly sensitive. That response was not your typical JD response.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry is a good guy and a very big fan. I understand where he is coming from in that ultimately the fans have to be pleased with the product or no one will keep their jobs. They don't have to please fans with every move, but overall the majority of us have to be pleased in the long run.

Larry can be a little out on the limb sometimes with his opinions, but I cut him some slack since I know he is desperate for the Rangers to win before cancer wins against him. From what he told me in the past 2015 will probably be his last season on this earth. Besides, I get out on the limb myself at times so who am I to talk.

I do think JD could have handled that question better than he did. I can understand him getting a little frustrated, but he is not supposed to show it publicly. That is what made me wonder if he was being overly sensitive. That response was not your typical JD response.
My heart goes out to Larry, Bennie. I'll never give up hope for next year's team! JD has got to do what he had got to do. Not just for next year but the years to come. But if KC can do it, so can we!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like he's obligated to listen to the unemployed Jim Bowden's of the world

Not sure if its the same guy, but there was one guy who thought Alfaro, Gallo & Profar for Kemp was a good trade suggestion. :L

We'd probably have to toss on Yu to get that one done:whistle:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sad reminder this morning from Jamey Newberg. I could have went a lot longer without being reminded of this.

A reminder that before the Rangers traded Alex Rodriguez to New York for Alfonso Soriano and Joaquin Arias, they had struck a deal with Boston that would have sent A-Rod to the Red Sox in December 2003 for Manny Ramirez, age 32 and coming off his sixth-straight top 10 MVP finish (.325/.427/.587, 37 homers, 36 doubles, 104 RBI), and a 19-year-old Low Class A lefthander named Jon Lester — had the Players Association not vetoed the trade because it involved A-Rod restructuring his contract in a manner that would have devalued it.

As Scott Lucas points out, Boston selected Lester with the 57th pick in the 2002 draft, while the Rangers’ pick in that second round, slotted six spots earlier, was lost to the Dodgers when Texas signed Chan Ho Park.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sad reminder this morning from Jamey Newberg. I could have went a lot longer without being reminded of this.

A-Rod basically treated the Rangers like Juice was treated in his prison stay on SOA. It's easy to say what if, but if that move went through I think the Rangers would have at least two rings right now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod basically treated the Rangers like Juice was treated in his prison stay on SOA. It's easy to say what if, but if that move went through I think the Rangers would have at least two rings right now

2? I don't know about that

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could have easily won one without him and 5 Jon Lester's couldn't have helped us against the Giants. I am not sure we would have made it to any others even with him. That is hard to say.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for sharing this with us. We get so caught up in our own little world, problems and opinions we forget there are situations with others which dwarf ours.