• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Jackson, Rodriguez, Thompson, Ortiz, Asher and Diplan all piling up in the minors you wouldn't consider trading one of them if the right deal came along especially with Darvish, Holland & Perez anchoring the top of the order and with Telescope looking better

I wouldn't trade Ortiz, Chi Chi or Thompson. The others I would consider trading in the right deal. That is why yesterday in my trade proposal I included both Jackson and Asher for Ross. Although, that doesn't mean they have to be traded this offseason. There will be other deals to be had next offseason or before.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Jackson, Rodriguez, Thompson, Ortiz, Asher and Diplan all piling up in the minors you wouldn't consider trading one of them if the right deal came along especially with Darvish, Holland & Perez anchoring the top of the order and with Telescope looking better

I did not mean for it to come across like that. Some of your pitching should be used for trade chips but I think you have to be careful. When things were going hot and heavy with our success we were trading away a lot of pitching for players to help us at the finish. But some of those trades were lousy (Cantu/Guzman). Just think you have to be very careful about giving up pitchers because it is such a fragile position.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan@Sullivan_Ranger [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]542398616896143362[/MEDIA]"]25m25 minutes ago[/ame] Rangers have asked Nationals about Jordan Zimmerman but not Doug Fister. Nats not inclined to deal Zimmerman but will talk about Fister

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we hold onto them our rotation in 2016 will include both Chi Chi and Thompson. I have no problem rolling out Yu, Holland, Perez, Chi Chi and Thompson in 2016. That leaves Tepesch, Martinez, Bonilla, Jackson, and Asher as either AAA depth or trade bait. Ortiz is supposed to be coming fast as well. I look for Gallo, Alfaro, and Mazara by 2016 as well. If we keep these guys I see 2016-2020 as being very good years. I would never want to sacrifice that for an outside shot in 2015.

Gallo might find finding a spot hard to find as well Mazara because of people ahead of them. With Mazara you have Martin, Choo, Rua and possibly Choice and Smolinski. With Gallo you would have to put him at 3rd and you still have Beltre and Profar.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant@Evan_P_Grant [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]542408736359198720[/MEDIA]"]2m2 minutes ago[/ame] Source: With San Diego talks stalled and Mets talks a non-starter, Arizona becomes pitching target for #Rangers: http://SportsHoopla.com/1yx2FnT

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo might find finding a spot hard to find as well Mazara because of people ahead of them. With Mazara you have Martin, Choo, Rua and possibly Choice and Smolinski. With Gallo you would have to put him at 3rd and you still have Beltre and Profar.

Beltre very well may not have a contract here past 2015. If he misses any more playing time than he missed in 2014 then his contrract doesn't vest. There is always a chance Gallo gets moved to RF also. I believe Profar is our 2B. If Mazara is ready he will replace someone. Hopefully they can trade Choo to make room for Mazara and free up money for something else. There will be room for both Gallo and Mazara if they show they are ready. JD will make room for talent like that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman for Odor would be a great trade for both teams IMO

Except in Odor you are giving up 6 years of control for 1 year rental of Zimmerman, that I just don't see JD doing

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has interest in catcher/outfielder Evan Gattis, per Sullivan. But Atlanta is asking for top pitching prospect Alex Gonzalez in response. Sullivan says that price tag is not going to work for the Rangers.
It would appear that the teams have also chatted about outfielder Justin Upton, though Sullivan says that Texas would be interested in serving as a conduit to deliver Upton to another club. The Rangers would look to achieve pitching in such a deal, he says, but would not be interested in sacrificing top prospects to do so.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sullivan, outfielder Endy Chavez “could be what the Rangers are looking for as a defensive-minded fourth outfielder.”

Hopefully, Banister would use Chavez as a defensive replacement in a WS game if the situation arose. That isn't a given with some managers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre very well may not have a contract here past 2015. If he misses any more playing time than he missed in 2014 then his contrract doesn't vest. There is always a chance Gallo gets moved to RF also. I believe Profar is our 2B. If Mazara is ready he will replace someone. Hopefully they can trade Choo to make room for Mazara and free up money for something else. There will be room for both Gallo and Mazara if they show they are ready. JD will make room for talent like that.

I actually see Profar as our 3B of the future if he and Odor are still with the team. I think both have potential pop in their bats.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan@Sullivan_Ranger 25m25 minutes ago Rangers have asked Nationals about Jordan Zimmerman but not Doug Fister. Nats not inclined to deal Zimmerman but will talk about Fister

:lol: Of course we ask about the one they do not want to trade.