• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets and Rangers have engaged in trade talks. Texas is looking for starting pitching, which New York has in abundance. However, the Mets aren’t high on Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus, reports Marc Carig of Newsday (via Twitter). Presumably, the Mets aren’t keen on the eight-years and $120MM owed to Andrus. Another shortstop option, prospect Luis Sardinas, looks more like a utility fielder to the Mets. They don’t think he’s a long term solution at shortstop.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets and Rangers have engaged in trade talks. Texas is looking for starting pitching, which New York has in abundance. However, the Mets aren’t high on Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus, reports Marc Carig of Newsday (via Twitter). Presumably, the Mets aren’t keen on the eight-years and $120MM owed to Andrus. Another shortstop option, prospect Luis Sardinas, looks more like a utility fielder to the Mets. They don’t think he’s a long term solution at shortstop.

And I would turn the tables back around and state there is nothing out of the ordinary in what the Mets have to offer. They act like they wanting to trade a TORP.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would turn the tables back around and state there is nothing out of the ordinary in what the Mets have to offer. They act like they wanting to trade a TORP.

Exactly. Nothing they have would be more than a #3 in our rotation and that might be stretching it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilin Rosario was brought up on MLBTR as a good fit for the Rangers. I wouldn't hate trading for him.

Yeah they are talking because of his average defensive capabilities that he would be more of an American League DH with an occasional time at C

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Look for long term solutions.
I believe JD will come to the conclusion that our long term solutions are in the minors. We won't get much done in the meetings, I believe.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe JD will come to the conclusion that our long term solutions are in the minors. We won't get much done in the meetings, I believe.

Some of them will come from the minors over the next few years but you can not sit stagnant while waiting for them to reach their potential. You have to make some moves of a long time nature by trade or free agency or just suffer thru years waiting. I have been thru those waits and it ain't pretty

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of them will come from the minors over the next few years but you can not sit stagnant while waiting for them to reach their potential. You have to make some moves of a long time nature by trade or free agency or just suffer thru years waiting. I have been thru those waits and it ain't pretty
I'm hearing ya', Scotty

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I've been thinking too. I'm actually ok with holding on to our youngsters. We have a strong group that's coming up quickly.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've been thinking too. I'm actually ok with holding on to our youngsters. We have a strong group that's coming up quickly.

We should have 3 good starters to open 2016 with Darvish, Holland and Perez and we have a logjam in the minors with Jackson, Thompson & Chi Chi + 1 or 2 more I can't remember

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have 3 good starters to open 2016 with Darvish, Holland and Perez and we have a logjam in the minors with Jackson, Thompson & Chi Chi + 1 or 2 more I can't remember

I know where you're coming from. However, you almost never have a logjam for starting pitching. And the few times in life when this may happen, count your blessings.

But again, I know where you're coming from, and find it surprising some on here want to trade starting pitching when we've never been able to attract stout FA pitchers. And we say we're committed to growing our own so we don't have to worry about such.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]542379088552263681[/MEDIA]"]6m6 minutes ago[/ame] Sources: #Padres, #Dodgers working hard on Kemp deal, getting closer. LAD wants strong piece besides Grandal. SD’s Wisler one possibility.

Padres are going to want to keep their pitchers.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where you're coming from. However, you almost never have a logjam for starting pitching. And the few times in life when this may happen, count your blessings.

But again, I know where you're coming from, and find it surprising some on here want to trade starting pitching when we've never been able to attract stout FA pitchers. And we say we're committed to growing our own so we don't have to worry about such.

well if we find the right trade for someone we really need then trading some of our depth might be a good thing too.

starters at the minor league also includes Ortiz, Asher & Diplan who all project at #3 or higher

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, you can never have too much pitching as things happen as we can attest to.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, you can never have too much pitching as things happen as we can attest to.

So with Jackson, Rodriguez, Thompson, Ortiz, Asher and Diplan all piling up in the minors you wouldn't consider trading one of them if the right deal came along especially with Darvish, Holland & Perez anchoring the top of the order and with Telescope looking better

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we hold onto them our rotation in 2016 will include both Chi Chi and Thompson. I have no problem rolling out Yu, Holland, Perez, Chi Chi and Thompson in 2016. That leaves Tepesch, Martinez, Bonilla, Jackson, and Asher as either AAA depth or trade bait. Ortiz is supposed to be coming fast as well. I look for Gallo, Alfaro, and Mazara by 2016 as well. If we keep these guys I see 2016-2020 as being very good years. I would never want to sacrifice that for an outside shot in 2015.