• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 offseason thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is real, as I haven't checked Twitter (not my thing) and not sure if this is James or not.

Someone tweeted at LaMichael

@jagbirdhanda: @LaMichaelJames deserves a bigger role in the offense next year!!!

LaMichael replied:

@LaMichaelJames: @jagbirdhanda thanks but don't count on it lol

Then James next tweet:

@LaMichaelJames: I'd rather they just let me go

https://twitter.com/LaMichaelJames

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is real, as I haven't checked Twitter (not my thing) and not sure if this is James or not.

Someone tweeted at LaMichael

@jagbirdhanda: @LaMichaelJames deserves a bigger role in the offense next year!!!

LaMichael replied:

@LaMichaelJames: @jagbirdhanda thanks but don't count on it lol

Then James next tweet:

@LaMichaelJames: I'd rather they just let me go

https://twitter.com/LaMichaelJames

This was reported a few months ago, it happen.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was too lazy to look for the preexisting Colin Kaepernick thread to stick this into:

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

Colin Kaepernick had an accuracy rating of 54.6 percent under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL.

Kaepernick was also sacked on 20.2 percent of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters. 49ers president Paraag Marathe admitted that advanced stats will "play a big role" in Kaepernick's contract extension, where he's reportedly seeking a deal worth $15-16 million annually. The two sides have begun preliminary talks and are expected to get a deal done before the season.
Source: ESPN.com

Mar 1 - 10:07 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

Marcus Lattimore (knee) confirmed he expects to be cleared for OTAs.

"Whatever role they want me to do, I’m ready," Lattimore said. "The rehab is over." Lattimore missed his entire rookie year while recovering from major knee surgery, but reportedly looked good in a three-week practice window late last season. Barring a setback, he should push Kendall Hunter for the No. 2 job behind Frank Gore in training camp.
Source: ESPN.com

Mar 1 - 10:31 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I somehow missed this post.

All I can say is wow. However, this is not even a rumor or a speculation of what the Cowboys are thinking. This is the writer's personal feelings of what he thinks the Cowboys should consider during the offseason. Similar to one of Sick's annual posts/suggestions about trading certain veterans on our squad (far fetched ideas).

For the sake of entertainment I would give 2 4th round picks for him. I'd offer one 4th and a future conditional fourth if Claiborne were to achieve some realistic attainable goals within his first year of playing for us (80% of snaps, 5 INTs, 12pass breakups, etc.). Like Carlos Rogers, another player that struggled in his first couple years in the league, he may be a player that needs a change of scenery...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would give up a 3rd for him.

A third this year might be a little too much. Someone like Purifoy, Kounandjio, Seferian-Jenkins, Telvin Smith, Paul Richardson, could all still be available in the 3rd. Someone who is currently rated as a late 1st to early second round prospect will be available to us in the 3rd.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A third this year might be a little too much. Someone like Purifoy, Kounandjio, Seferian-Jenkins, Telvin Smith, Paul Richardson, could all still be available in the 3rd. Someone who is currently rated as a late 1st to early second round prospect will be available to us in the 3rd.

We have two third rounders as of now with the possibility of 3. I think giving a 3rd up for him is well worth the risk. The kid has talent. Bring him back with Reid, maybe he could help him since I believe they are opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to brains.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would be reasonable to give up a 3rd rounder for him. If we did this then it would mean that we would give this kid a chance to start and revive his very young career (he's barely even been in the league), also our scheme is pretty CB friendly and I believe he is a better fit here than he was in Kiffin's defense. If we did give a 3rd rounder for him, then that would completely take care of a position of need that we would have to spend a high draft choice on; this gives us a lot of power to trade up and take a receiver that we want if need be or it could free up our 2nd rounders to provide depth and/or youth at certain positions (SS, ILB, DE, NT, OG, etc.)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I somehow missed this post.

All I can say is wow. However, this is not even a rumor or a speculation of what the Cowboys are thinking. This is the writer's personal feelings of what he thinks the Cowboys should consider during the offseason. Similar to one of Sick's annual posts/suggestions about trading certain veterans on our squad (far fetched ideas).

For the sake of entertainment I would give 2 4th round picks for him. I'd offer one 4th and a future conditional fourth if Claiborne were to achieve some realistic attainable goals within his first year of playing for us (80% of snaps, 5 INTs, 12pass breakups, etc.). Like Carlos Rogers, another player that struggled in his first couple years in the league, he may be a player that needs a change of scenery...

The author sure knows his stuff, I'll give him that.

Janoris Jenkins, the 39th pick overall by Green Bay in the second round, had five interceptions in 2012 and returned three picks for touchdowns. He's shown some durability playing in 31 games.

What was the hiring process for the ESPN "beat writers"? There isn't a single one I've found to be even a little bit impressive as a reporter. Really makes me appreciate Sando.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author sure knows his stuff, I'll give him that.

Janoris Jenkins, the 39th pick overall by Green Bay in the second round, had five interceptions in 2012 and returned three picks for touchdowns. He's shown some durability playing in 31 games.

What was the hiring process for the ESPN "beat writers"? There isn't a single one I've found to be even a little bit impressive as a reporter. Really makes me appreciate Sando.

I noticed that too.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Harbaugh - C - 49ers

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.

The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Mar 2 - 3:35 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Harbaugh - C - 49ers

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.

The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Mar 2 - 3:35 PM

God. If all this is true, this could be a disaster. Here I was hoping we had our HC in place for the next decade. Now we may need to replace him as soon as next year? Ugh.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God. If all this is true, this could be a disaster. Here I was hoping we had our HC in place for the next decade. Now we may need to replace him as soon as next year? Ugh.

People I feel the worst for are the new season ticket holders, that's a lot of money up front to deal with this BS. I am very glad I didn't pull the trigger on them as I was going to wait to see what this off-season looked like as for contracts.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read Killion's article. It seemed to basically say: "It's a tricky situation, lets see how it plays out."

Where are they getting the whole "2014 is Harbaugh's last year with the Niners" part from?

The media is truly awful.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

49ers second-year RB Marcus Lattimore (knee) told USA Today there's "no doubt" he'll be ready for Week 1, and currently feels "faster than I ever was."

"But my quickness is still coming back," conceded Lattimore, who blew out each of his knees at South Carolina. "Getting stronger and making sure my balance is right, those are the two main things I’ve been working on. I feel close. I really do. I feel very close." Lattimore says he could squad 450-500 pounds before his knee injuries, and is at 405 pounds now. Lattimore currently carries RB4/5 Dynasty league value with the potential to rise this summer.
Source: USA Today

Mar 2 - 6:40 PM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A good friend is a cowboys fan and he has a much different take on it. While Claiborne is a very gifted player, he has a learning disability that is very hard for him to work through. He isn't a starter And from what it sounds like, there isn't much of an opportunity for him to become an elite player or even a decent player. Its unfortunate, but sometimes it just happens.. On the topic of trade value, I would say conditional 5th next year based even on moderately achievable stats.. 60% starts, 3 picks 40 tkls, 1 kr/PR TD.. (Isn't he a return guy too?)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of this is true then it is a complete mess. How can these guys not put their egos aside in order to continue to pursue what is more important in a championship? People are ridiculous.