• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 offseason thread

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well start this thread up seeing as I really could care less about the Super Bowl now. And this is the only way I can forget about the game is looking forward.

We might as well put all the offseason stuff into here instead of having a million threads. Maybe sticky the thread?

Just a few thoughts:

QB: I'm fine with kaep unlike some on here. I wouldn't mind baalke getting a new contract for kaep now in case his contract demand gets even higher next year but also wouldn't mind letting him play it out. We need to find a better backup qb this year that can compete or maybe a vet that can mentor him a bit.

RB: it will be interesting whAt they decide in gore. He seemed tired a lot this year and I blame the coaches for not using more of hunter and LMJ. Gore might need to restructure this next year as we can use that money. I am looking forward to seeing lattimore next year and would love to see hunter sprinkled in more. Not sure what we do with James we never use him. Dixon could be cut but he always surprises every year and is solid on ST. We also have Hampton as we'll. I could see them drafting a guy a little later too.

OL: I expect Goodwin to retire or be cut with his salary. We will look to fill his role I the draft or promote from within probably both. The rest of the guys are here for a while, it will be interesting to see what happens with Iupati as he will be up for a contract next year. We hopefully have good depth already but I can see us drafting more help there.

TE: Don't really see any huge needs here. Davis balled this year. McDonald was 50/50 but it think he will get better. If a legit pass catching TE is there in the draft then grab him. More the merrier.

WR: Crabtree has another year and I believe he will be plating through his contract. But he needs to be locked up. Boldin I want signed for 2 years if he can be reasonable about his contract. He really saved our season this year. I love Patton and look for him to get better. Baldwin probably gone. We will draft another WR.

DL: another solid year from these guys. Smith McDonald and Dorsey played very well and it was nice to see the DL have more rotation. Smith isn't getting any younger and hopefully we get another couple years with him. It will be nice to have Williams back as we'll to spell Dorsey on some downs. Can't wait to see the tank deployed next year as well. RJF and dobbs played good well filling In. Always look to draft guys on the DL.

LB: hopefully bow can return and be just as productive as he was before. We will need Willis to be the force he was before bowman next year. Brooks is a beast. Aldon is a big priority to be resigned and will be, hopefully a little discount as he has some of the legal problems still looming. Wilhoite if resigned may need to step in for bowman if he's not ready. He looked solid in spot duty for Willis. Lemonier and Skuta are solid backups for us.

CB: our weak links on the defense at times. I really thought they did a much better than years past but still not good enough. Brock is a solid #2 maybe even 1 at times. Brown might not be back considering he will want more money. But I can see him staying if we get rid of Rogers which we better. Culliver will be back and I hope he is ready and is motivated. Morris never really got a shot so not sure on him. Will be interesting to see what they want to do with cox or wright. I thought both were good when put in, I would rather have them than Rogers. Either way this is a top priority come draft time.

S: Reid was a beast and just what we needed. Can't complain there. Whitner really grew on me this year. He still has his lapse In coverage but I like him and his leadership. However he may ask for too much. We don't really have backups that I can be confident In however. So this could also be a top priority come draft time.

K/P: Lee is a beast like always. Dawson needs to be resigned he really helped us this year.

ST: Resign Osgood he a beast. Spillman is solid still. Dixon again could surprise again but that is a crowded backfield and could be gone. Not too familiar with all the guys. We really need a damn returner who can be a game changer. We have solely lack this part of our game.

That's about all I can think of right now. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about hunter kinda suprising he only had three carries yesterday. WR is a must just hope we can actually pick the right one. CB should high up on list as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My offseason man-crush: Alex Mack. That would complete an OL good enough to get a nickname.

Honourable mentions:

Antonio Cromartie (1 or 2 year deal).
Everson Griffen. How much though?

And last but not least...

Ted Ginn Jr.

[YOUTUBE]Hn-enjcgV1o[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team has three huge additions coming next year in Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine, and Ian Williams. Couple that with a draft that will feature five picks in the first three rounds and that's as many as eight potential improvements to the team. That's big. The draft needs to get a deep threat(Kaepernick has the biggest arm in the NFL, why waste it) and corners.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to Lattimore coming through as anticipated and Tank as GREATLY advertised... unfortunately both draft n FA happens before OTAs/TC so we have to gamble or already make decisions without knowing about Tank.

We need a deep threat...

and last but not least, not to hijack Hockey's thread, but Kap needs to go to QB camp.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
RJF played a lot better than Alex Lincoln did for the Niners this year.

...maybe 1 or 2 people here might have been around long enough to get that reference.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJF played a lot better than Alex Lincoln did for the Niners this year.

...maybe 1 or 2 people here might have been around long enough to get that reference.

I googled....

tumblr_miby3yZnew1s1t1xuo1_400.gif

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJF? RJF hockey??? You shame me... shamed me.....

Ugh I meant TJE. Pretty funny that one of the guys to replace him uses three letters for his name also

My bad :lol:

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest need, by far, is a deep threat WR. I'd try to move up in the draft to get Marquise Lee if he falls past 15th. He is exactly the explosive playmaker the Niners need to really make the offense dynamic.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion:
1- Cut Rogers
2- Don't resign Goodwin
3-Dont resign Brown unless its cheaper then Brocks deal
4-Let Whitner go.
5-Tell Gore he needs pay cut and start lessening his role.
6- Bye to Mario

Resign or pick up and draft
1-Sign Alex Mack center from the Browns. Only 28 years old.
2-Re Sign Boldin for 2 years 4 million a year
3-Resign Dawson
4-Pick up FA J. Byrd from the Bills. Only 27 years old.
5- Pick up a CB. Either (Verner,Cromartie, V. Davis or Munnerlyn)
6- Make deals with 2 of the 3 Crabtree, A. Smith or Iupati.) My opinion let Iupati walk.
7. Draft: 1 st 3 picks. WR, CB, S or DE that can take McDonald's spot
8. Sign another DLmen. either Melton, M. Johnson,Bennett or L. Houston.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh one last thing please sign a god damn Punt returner/Kick off returner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My offseason man-crush: Alex Mack. That would complete an OL good enough to get a nickname.

Honourable mentions:

Antonio Cromartie (1 or 2 year deal).
Everson Griffen. How much though?

And last but not least...

Ted Ginn Jr.

[YOUTUBE]Hn-enjcgV1o[/YOUTUBE]

With you about Alex mack. I want 49ers to land him. I have a feeling they will stay in house but damn he would look good with our Oline.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go WR in the 1st round I want WR Beckham from LSU.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion:
1- Cut Rogers
2- Don't resign Goodwin
4-Let Whitner go.
6- Bye to Mario

3-Resign Dawson
6- Make deals with 2 of the 3 Crabtree, A. Smith or Iupati.) My opinion let Iupati walk.

Are you saying we should do everything in the resign or pick up and draft column?

If so there is no way we could fit them all under the cap lol

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans Texas A&M would be huge for us too if we could get him. Big, physical, fast guy just waiting to own Richard Sherman.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying we should do everything in the resign or pick up and draft column?

If so there is no way we could fit them all under the cap lol

Well we can if wanted to. No Im saying they need a combo of things on that list.

49ers after cutting Rogers will have like 25 million to spend. Now if Gore and VD take a pay cut we can get that number to like 30 million. That is enough to do all those things. Will it happen no, only in a perfect world. kap deal I would do in the middle of the year so it wont affect this years numbers.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion:
1- Cut Rogers
2- Don't resign Goodwin
4-Let Whitner go.
6- Bye to Mario

3-Resign Dawson

HAHAHHA. Do you have any idea how much cap space that would eat up? No way we would be able to extend Aldon, Kap, or Crab if we sign any of those guys, especially Byrd and Mack. They will command top dollar and rightfully so..