• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 offseason thread

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
League meetings are in Miami next Mon-Tues. But getting there 3-4 days early is interesting.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read some where earlier today that CB Tillman might be an option for the Niners if he comes cheap enough...

Thoughts?

(sorry no link, it was a video attached to an article that I watched on my phone this morning)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York tweeted a picture of him and his family on the plane.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't go to Miami York and company. You're forgetting him back at home:

Jonathan Goodwin - C - 49ers

Free agent C Jonathan Goodwin "hasn't heard anything from the 49ers."

That's likely to remain the case after the 49ers signed G/C Daniel Kilgore to a three-year extension on Thursday, cementing him as the favorite to take over for Goodwin in 2013. Now 35, Goodwin was a liability in pass protection last season. He briefly considered retirement, but wants to continue playing.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Feb 27 - 3:51 PM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't go to Miami York and company. You're forgetting him back at home:

Jonathan Goodwin - C - 49ers

Free agent C Jonathan Goodwin "hasn't heard anything from the 49ers."

That's likely to remain the case after the 49ers signed G/C Daniel Kilgore to a three-year extension on Thursday, cementing him as the favorite to take over for Goodwin in 2013. Now 35, Goodwin was a liability in pass protection last season. He briefly considered retirement, but wants to continue playing.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Feb 27 - 3:51 PM

he can go to Baltimore.. they had statistically the worst center in the league

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@corryjoel: Daniel Kilgore's 3-year extension with SF is worth $5.4M (plus $1.8M in escalators). He has $2.595M in guarantees ($1.35M signing bonus).

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@corryjoel: Daniel Kilgore's 3-year extension with SF is worth $5.4M (plus $1.8M in escalators). He has $2.595M in guarantees ($1.35M signing bonus).

Center position is his for the taking. Niners should draft lineman for depth. I'm thinking that Goodwin and possibly Snyder are out. That would leave only Looney as backup.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't mind seeing some tackle depth added in this draft because Boone is over extended having to fill in at tackle. If they can draft a similar player to Boone that can play both guard and tackle in the later rounds that would be a good addition. I agree this is a good year to start pushing Snyder out of here.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't mind seeing some tackle depth added in this draft because Boone is over extended having to fill in at tackle. If they can draft a similar player to Boone that can play both guard and tackle in the later rounds that would be a good addition. I agree this is a good year to start pushing Snyder out of here.

yes, they should always be developing guys when possible. for me, prefer they develop strictly OT's, cause they're harder to find than OG's.

aren't they already developing Bykowski and Marquedt? they don't have to stick with these guys, just trying to recall OT's already here?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, they should always be developing guys when possible. for me, prefer they develop strictly OT's, cause they're harder to find than OG's.

aren't they already developing Bykowski and Marquedt? they don't have to stick with these guys, just trying to recall OT's already here?

Yes they are. I'm very intrigued by Marquedt. Sure has the measurables.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm curious to see what Marquardt can do. The guy's a physical specimen, though he didn't play at all last year and comes from a lesser conference. We likely still need to add one or two more OL in the draft.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are. I'm very intrigued by Marquedt. Sure has the measurables.

I can't wait to see what this kid can do. He's a monster of a man and seems to have all of the abilities that you want.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's Harbs and Kaep to Cleveland. No idea what this tweet means but he's traveling with CLE WRs.

Last edited by a moderator: