• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 offseason thread

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 2m

49ers and Colin Kaepernick's reps made a decent start on extension talks. Nothing solid, but apparently no immediate road blocks, either.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1m

The Kaepernick negotiation will get tricky no doubt, but both sides came away from initial talks saying they should keep going.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - Jaguars

The Florida Times Union wonders if the 49ers could be interested in free agent Maurice Jones-Drew.

It seems like an extreme long shot. The 49ers' backfield doesn't appear to be big enough for both Jones-Drew and Frank Gore. Plus, San Francisco has talented backups in Kendall Hunter and Marcus Lattimore ready to assume larger roles with Gore seemingly destined for fewer carries. Jones-Drew spent his entire life in California before being drafted by the Jaguars in 2006. We don't expect him to have a hot market. He's our own Evan Silva's No. 85 free agent.
Source: Florida Times Union

Feb 24 - 10:30 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

The San Jose Mercury News reports that "it sounds like" $15-16 million annually is the "floor" in a potential Colin Kaepernick-49ers contract extension.

That would put Kaepernick in the top-ten at his position in terms of annual average. The 49ers and Kaepernick's representation met at the Combine over the weekend, and all indications are that talks have gotten off on the right foot. There's still a long way to go in these negotiations, but both sides have expressed a desire to get something done before the season. Kaepernick is currently scheduled to earn just $973,766 in the final year of his rookie deal.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Feb 24 - 6:08 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

The San Jose Mercury News reports that "it sounds like" $15-16 million annually is the "floor" in a potential Colin Kaepernick-49ers contract extension.

Sounds about right to me (for a floor). I'd expect about 17.5 though.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right to me (for a floor). I'd expect about 17.5 though.

Sounds about right as in you're ok with it and think that's what he's worth? Or about right as in that's what you would expect them to (over)pay him?

Kap at 17.5 million a year, resigning Whitner, and learning that its very possible we will lose Harbaugh in a year sounds like the offseason of my nightmares.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sounds about right as in you're ok with it and think that's what he's worth? Or about right as in that's what you would expect them to (over)pay him?

Kap at 17.5 million a year, resigning Whitner, and learning that its very possible we will lose Harbaugh in a year sounds like the offseason of my nightmares.

What I'd expect them to (over)pay.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

Marcus Lattimore "feels close" to 100 percent.

"The left knee, it feels like nothing ever happened," Lattimore said. "The right knee, it feels great. Both feel balanced. I've got my speed and I rarely get any soreness (after workouts)." Lattimore shredded his right knee in 2011, and his left knee in 2012. He expects to be full-go when OTAs begin on April 21. With Frank Gore beginning to slow down, Lattimore and Kendall Hunter should get ample opportunity to run the ball in 2014.
Source: Associated Press

Feb 25 - 4:51 PM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

Marcus Lattimore "feels close" to 100 percent.

"The left knee, it feels like nothing ever happened," Lattimore said. "The right knee, it feels great. Both feel balanced. I've got my speed and I rarely get any soreness (after workouts)." Lattimore shredded his right knee in 2011, and his left knee in 2012. He expects to be full-go when OTAs begin on April 21. With Frank Gore beginning to slow down, Lattimore and Kendall Hunter should get ample opportunity to run the ball in 2014.
Source: Associated Press

Feb 25 - 4:51 PM

Great to hear.. albeit a 1% concern that he didn't mimic his first response regarding the left knee while he referenced his other ACL tear.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great to hear.. albeit a 1% concern that he didn't mimic his first response regarding the left knee while he referenced his other ACL tear.

I was thinking the same thing. He didn't sound as confident about his right knee, but maybe we are reading too much into it.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other knee has had more time to heal.. The left knee injury was sooner and I think worse?? So it is going to take more time.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The other knee has had more time to heal.. The left knee injury was sooner and I think worse?? So it is going to take more time.

that is correct. However, my comprehension of his statements were that "The left knee, it feels like nothing ever happened" versus his other statement regarding his right knee "The right knee, it feels great." Nothing as concrete.. again, I am sure I am reading into this too much. But the concern I have is his different classification relating to the health of each individual knee.

EXTREMELY relieved to hear that he is 100% confident in his left knee which was bent at the most disgusting angle, but am slightly concerned that there may be a lingering issue with his right knee.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about him getting hit in the knee again. His style concerns me.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm more worried about him getting hit in the knee again. His style concerns me.

:agree:most RBs damage their knees as a result of making a sudden explosive cut in which the knee gives out on them. We are used to seeing Gore making these sudden elusive cuts when hitting the hole or trying to stretch it outside. That's how he ended up injuring his knees more than once while playing at the Uni. of Miami. However, Lattimore doesn't cut as good as Gore; his issues stems from running too upright leaving his lower body exposed. Smaller DBs will accelerate at him to tackle him low. That's the biggest threat. I've always noticed that but Ray is the first to verbalize it.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Baalke, Paraag and a legal exec are en route to Miami. I wonder what they are up to. Kap, Boldin, Gore, and Whitner all train in the Miami area I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baalke, Paraag and a legal exec are en route to Miami. I wonder what they are up to. Kap, Boldin, Gore, and Whitner all train in the Miami area I believe.

Boldin contact?

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boldin/Kaep contract and maybe see if Gore would be willing to restructure?