• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to hope that's all it is. I would rather have an everyday contributor, but a rotation of Yu, Harrison, Perez, Holland, and Miller sounds nice too. Holliday has a big contract, but he's been worth every penny of it. I would think it would be Adams though.

Hard to tell, I don't think they want to move Holliday, but they, like everyone else like to stay younger.
So they keep Adams and have Tavares coming up?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a first year pitcher ran outta gas down the stretch? That's not really note worthy. If they are that high on Profar, then I would run with it. He's 20 and has a bright future probably. Cards have a huge log jam in their rotation like we have with MIF.

Terrific point......

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller may be a 5th starter today, but he pitched great for the Cards - won 15 and had about 3 ERA- and he's only 23. He may be a # 3/2 in the making.
Absolutely. He's has all the makings of a number 2. I just meant for our rotation as of today.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that payroll was going to be about the same as last year, that leaves a lot of wiggle b/c we had quite a few expiring contracts (Cruz, Nathan, etc...)

I think he said he expects it to be a little less. I hope it's smoke and mirrors. Losing those 2 contracts adds up to adding 1 bat, maybe 2. That's why I would like a bat in a Profar trade.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very interested in Profar for Miller straight up though.

Naw....of course not. But for some reason I keep thinking this could blossom into a 3/4 player trade. Have no reason or logic to back this up. Just a suspicion that two really good GM's may expand the opportunity to make each other better.

Could/probably be just me.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw....of course not. But for some reason I keep thinking this could blossom into a 3/4 player trade. Have no reason or logic to back this up. Just a suspicion that two really good GM's may expand the opportunity to make each other better.

Could/probably be just me.

I've been sitting here thinking the same. I hope we don't add a lot of our prospects, and I want to keep Gallo.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he said he expects it to be a little less. I hope it's smoke and mirrors. Losing those 2 contracts adds up to adding 1 bat, maybe 2. That's why I would like a bat in a Profar trade.

I did say etc... but for due diligence

Berkman (10), Lewis (2), AJ (7.5), Murphy (5.775), Soto (2.75), Nathan (8), and Cruz (10.75) = approx. 45 million

And whatever of Garza's contract that we paid (10.25)

Also whatever we were still paying of Young's contract

All said and done, we'll have around 40 million to add to next years payroll even if payroll is a little less

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't how keen they'd be on the Elvis contract...
who knows, but Adams and Miller are cheap, EA is not

It think it's got to be Profar or there's no talk at all.
Don't know Lainey, the Cards have been making noise about waiting for Tulowitski FA ( or trading for him), and his contract will be much larger than Elvis's. The reason I include Andrus instead of Profar is because I get the feeling the Cards want to win now, and Elvis is a proven asset. Profar is still a prospect and a bigger risk to them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Berkman (10), Lewis (2), AJ (7.5), Murphy (5.775), Soto (2.75), Nathan (8), and Cruz (10.75) = approx. 45 million

All said and done, we'll have around 40 million to add to next years payroll even if payroll is a little less

i was reading spotrac yesterday and it showed that including dead money our 2013 payroll was actually around $153M.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was reading spotrac yesterday and it showed that including dead money our 2013 payroll was actually around $153M.

By dead money do you mean contract buyouts? Because MY is off the books now.

Nevermind...I misread your post. You said 2013. However that figure doesn't seem right. Cot's had the figure at 125 before Garza and Rios. I don't think those two add that much money to last year's payroll.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By dead money do you mean contract buyouts? Because MY is off the books now.

Nevermind...I misread your post. You said 2013. However that figure doesn't seem right. Cot's had the figure at 125 before Garza and Rios. I don't think those two add that much money to last year's payroll.

Just as I figured Spotrack assigned the full salary for the 2013 season to the Rangers for Rios and Garza. Texas didn't pay all of that. But that would awesome if JD used that 153 million figure as their idea for the payroll this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I figured Spotrack assigned the full salary for the 2013 season to the Rangers for Rios and Garza. Texas didn't pay all of that. But that would awesome if JD used that 153 million figure as their idea for the payroll this year.

didn't realize they did that

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's encouraging!

could afford to unload and pay little to send a player packing....:whistle:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know Lainey, the Cards have been making noise about waiting for Tulowitski FA ( or trading for him), and his contract will be much larger than Elvis's. The reason I include Andrus instead of Profar is because I get the feeling the Cards want to win now, and Elvis is a proven asset. Profar is still a prospect and a bigger risk to them.

Valid point, but as much as we love our EA, he's not Tulo. I don't know, both F.O.'s are pretty tough, it seems like a good team to trade with...but I can see some serious wrangling that could end in a stalemate ,
love to be a fly on that wall.

I still tend to think they'd really prefer Profar over EA, but what do we know really...I know they don't have an interest in raising their payroll much, but...how much that actually means is the question

:noidea:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point, but as much as we love our EA, he's not Tulo. I don't know, both F.O.'s are pretty tough, it seems like a good team to trade with...but I can see some serious wrangling that could end in a stalemate ,
love to be a fly on that wall.

I still tend to think they'd really prefer Profar over EA, but what do we know really...I know they don't have an interest in raising their payroll much, but...how much that actually means is the question

:noidea:
Bowden on MLB radio was talking about this issue this afternoon (ok, ok, I know how much you all love Bowden, but it was pretty interesting conversation) - said Cards are interested in finding a SS now, and Rangers would be a perfect trading partner - mentioned Andrus but emphasized Profar. Taveras, Adams/Kelly, or Adams/Miller were mentioned as possible trade combinations on the Cards side. Said the idea of a Tulo trade could be 4:1 and that might be too much for the Cards to stomach, and free agency is coming next year (or year after?)...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers officially make QO to Cruz. He has til the 11th to decide. Also waive Wolf and Blackley.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers officially make QO to Cruz. He has til the 11th to decide. Also waive Wolf and Blackley.

actually: Right-hander Ross Wolf has re-signed with the Rangers on a minor league contract with an invitation to 2014 Spring Training, the team announced. The 31-year-old posted a 4.15 ERA in 22 appearances (three starts) for Texas in 2013, averaging 4.0 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9 in 47 2/3 innings. Wolf had been outrighted off the 40-man roster and cleared waivers before re-signing.

Travis Blackley was also outrighted off the 40-man roster and he elected free agency.

The Ranger are one of 7 teams to have contactedTim Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.