• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 3 friends in Memphis, which is Cardinal territory BIG TIME, and they had the rumor of Profar for Freese & Shelby Miller a few days ago as a done deal. I ain't buying none of this. Miller may be a stud-of-studs - he's only 23, 15-9 this season - but him and Freese for a potentially great SS for a decade plus does not seem like anything close to what we need/want to be doing.

Freese serves no purpose, don't even know why it would be mentioned

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 3 friends in Memphis, which is Cardinal territory BIG TIME, and they had the rumor of Profar for Freese & Shelby Miller a few days ago as a done deal. I ain't buying none of this. Miller may be a stud-of-studs - he's only 23, 15-9 this season - but him and Freese for a potentially great SS for a decade plus does not seem like anything close to what we need/want to be doing.

I don't buy it either....maybe someone around their Triple AAA were pushing it like it was a done deal...

Forget the WS for a minute, what would we do with him? Put him at first, pray he's not hurt every other month and his numbers rebound?
Hard to believe JD wants him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freese serves no purpose, don't even know why it would be mentioned
No he doesn't and you are right. Why would he even be a consideration?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you be the judge champ....I responded to the question. I know you're in the club.
Big fucking deal....get over it

What club? There are posters that know each other from ESPN, that's about it. I don't even know Donaldson or Scotty, maybe others do.
You're mistaken if you think posters from ESPN always agree...in fact, it's laughable.

you think anyone trying to have a reasonable discussion belongs to a club?
rhetorical.

By all means, who do want to trade Kinsler for?
discuss, since you seem to be so inclined

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on 10 o'clock news not real positive that Cruz will accept his offer. Thinks he is going to FA which most expect I imagine.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on 10 o'clock news not real positive that Cruz will accept his offer. Thinks he is going to FA which most expect I imagine.

I don't think that was ever in question, problem Cruz will find (IMO), is that he will not find an offer to his liking much better than what the QO is, especially when you factor in that team having to give up a draft pick

For a guy coming off a PED suspension, a questionable injury history, big contract and a draft pick, I think Cruz will be back for something around 3/36

Disagree if you will, but I don't see it, teams have shown they won't give up draft picks for the wrong player

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've known my opinions scotty for some time now and I yours....Mine tend to get stated and I will defend the thoughts, piss with the best of um when the smart ass wants to play. I'm NOT much for buddy systems when we both know that no opinions stated here have more value than the other.

Let's look at the whole picture that is this board and then consider the jab. I stood with Washington wasn't going anywhere and that didn't set all that well with the peanut gallery. Then came the JD/Ryan deal followed by the guys that wear their Kinsler jersey's at the ballpark and shopping malls. Other than the lainey types, I always thought guys looked funny wearing the #5's.

It is most certainly true that I don't value the Kinsler that many do here going forward in a ranger uni. I've always credited the range, power and ability not to chase the pitch going away. The two cent head at times running the bases, uppercut to always hit the ball over the wall, and error's as a middle fielder on routine plays has made me judgmental of the player. I do strongly hope Profar somehow remains with the rangers and we see 150 plus games at 2b pairing with Elvis. I'd like to see that....think it could be special. Money sure fits and the farm at 2B ain't half bad IF you want to move an old profar at 22/23 or Elvis at 27/28/29 I look hard for a taker in Kinsler, and I think if shopped, there COULD be some interest.

many that post here know their stuff and some wear BIG TIME lace panties.

tip of the cap scotty...:suds:

This post confused Inception

I think I can translate, if you're a man, you know what you are talking about, if you're female.... you're fat and apparently.... wear BIG lace panties.
How delightfully original

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD say anything else? example "we'd like to keep him, we'll continue discussions"?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was ever in question, problem Cruz will find (IMO), is that he will not find an offer to his liking much better than what the QO is, especially when you factor in that team having to give up a draft pick

For a guy coming off a PED suspension, a questionable injury history, big contract and a draft pick, I think Cruz will be back for something around 3/36

Disagree if you will, but I don't see it, teams have shown they won't give up draft picks for the wrong player
NoNo. Don't disagree. Just caught JD'S Remarks and wanted to get them out there but like you said that was really expected.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD say anything else? example "we'd like to keep him, we'll continue discussions"?
Yes. He said we will be here if things don't work out. Doors open. Hey, be nice.lol

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He said we will be here if things don't work out. Doors open. Hey, be nice.lol

ouch, I don't think that sounds good, "we'll be here if it doesn't work out?" I think that may be JD speak for he's gone...oh boy.

( and yeah, you're right, no sense in stirring the Kinsler pot)

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Cardinal territory. My friend(not the scout) from little rock visited me and said the same thing... that "profar's gonna be a cardinal soon." I haven't heard anything from my friend "in the loop."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch, I don't think that sounds good, "we'll be here if it doesn't work out?" I think that may be JD speak for he's gone...oh boy.

( and yeah, you're right, no sense in stirring the Kinsler pot)
Really didn't take it like that. He left the door open if FA didn't meet his price. With the ped suspention behind him it's doubtful anyone will be willing to meet his demands b/c JD through out 14 mil. we'll see.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didn't take it like that. He left the door open if FA didn't meet his price. With the ped suspention behind him it's doubtful anyone will be willing to meet his demands b/c JD through out 14 mil. we'll see.

Roger that, that's for the local info.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT

The A's didn't give their stud 40y/o pitcher a QO?
huh, I get to like them for about 10 minutes

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post confused Inception

I think I can translate, if you're a man, you know what you are talking about, if you're female.... you're fat and apparently.... wear BIG lace panties.
How delightfully original

Hey, stop knocking big lace panties . . . Oh, never mind . . . ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.