• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually: Right-hander Ross Wolf has re-signed with the Rangers on a minor league contract with an invitation to 2014 Spring Training, the team announced. The 31-year-old posted a 4.15 ERA in 22 appearances (three starts) for Texas in 2013, averaging 4.0 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9 in 47 2/3 innings. Wolf had been outrighted off the 40-man roster and cleared waivers before re-signing.

Travis Blackley was also outrighted off the 40-man roster and he elected free agency.

The Ranger are one of 7 teams to have contactedTim Hudson

Yeah, I didn't post the detailed stuff. Good guy to have for AAA depth. I liked his story. I also liked Travis. He was a good dude. Hope he can pick up somewhere.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right Lainey....I should just post another ass whip post about all that Washington isn't.

your opinion has much more value. :rollseyes:

well, you have been very consistent about how you want to unload Kinsler and you did immediately jumped in with another post hinting at it. do you have any other thoughts that don't revolve around that?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you have been very consistent about how you want to unload Kinsler and you did immediately jumped in with another post hinting at it. do you have any other thoughts that don't revolve around that?

sure scotsman....what's the topic?
pitching
defense
hitting
coaching

throw out your hot sports opinion...I'll comment

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure scotsman....what's the topic?
pitching
defense
hitting
coaching

throw out your hot sports opinion...I'll comment

yeah, we live for your commentary on our opinions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, we live for your commentary on our opinions.
Best sometimes to not try and reason with the impossible. Rev and Scottie getting things rolling today and hopefully things will start to break in the trade rumors.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't post the detailed stuff. Good guy to have for AAA depth. I liked his story. I also liked Travis. He was a good dude. Hope he can pick up somewhere.

Yeah I agree with you on both of these guys.

I know it's Nov and a long way from ST. But JD said the other day he's looking for Ogando to be a starter next season. I wonder if this has any bearing on Lewis or not. Again, I know it's Nov but I sure would love to see Colby come back, fill the # 5 position, and let Ogando go back to the BP.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's Nov and a long way from ST. But JD said the other day he's looking for Ogando to be a starter next season. I wonder if this has any bearing on Lewis or not. Again, I know it's Nov but I sure would love to see Colby come back, fill the # 5 position, and let Ogando go back to the BP.

hadn't seen that comment on Ogando. i had heard that the plan was for both Feliz and Ogando to go back to the pen which one of the reasons for being willing to let Nathan go.

also the Rangers have contacted Tim Hudson. could he be the 5th starter?

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say let as many guys as possible compete for a starting position in ST and let things sort themselves out.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden on MLB radio was talking about this issue this afternoon (ok, ok, I know how much you all love Bowden, but it was pretty interesting conversation) - said Cards are interested in finding a SS now, and Rangers would be a perfect trading partner - mentioned Andrus but emphasized Profar. Taveras, Adams/Kelly, or Adams/Miller were mentioned as possible trade combinations on the Cards side. Said the idea of a Tulo trade could be 4:1 and that might be too much for the Cards to stomach, and free agency is coming next year (or year after?)...

Pretty sure Tulo is signed through 2020. I don't think they look to move him, (talk about expensive)

So yes, we seem like a good match, Taveras/Kelly? That's a go too as far as I'm concerned
I want Taveras, I'd happily take Kelly with him

I still think Miller/Adams is a no-brainer.

the major concern with Taveras is he had surgery in August (high ankle sprain that would not heal), and I can't find any reports after that, if he's playing somewhere, I can't find it (it's probably way too early after the surgery)...I'm sure the Rangers would be doing their homework on his injury before any deal

if he is 100%, (once again) I have a really hard time seeing the Cards moving him. Like I mentioned, they need him...but they could afford to get rid of a pitcher.
If the rumors get louder...could be exciting

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Cardinals dealing Tavares, they'll need him going forward as their OF is getting old

Miller and Adams seems much more likely

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you being so antagonistic?

You've known my opinions scotty for some time now and I yours....Mine tend to get stated and I will defend the thoughts, piss with the best of um when the smart ass wants to play. I'm NOT much for buddy systems when we both know that no opinions stated here have more value than the other.

Let's look at the whole picture that is this board and then consider the jab. I stood with Washington wasn't going anywhere and that didn't set all that well with the peanut gallery. Then came the JD/Ryan deal followed by the guys that wear their Kinsler jersey's at the ballpark and shopping malls. Other than the lainey types, I always thought guys looked funny wearing the #5's.

It is most certainly true that I don't value the Kinsler that many do here going forward in a ranger uni. I've always credited the range, power and ability not to chase the pitch going away. The two cent head at times running the bases, uppercut to always hit the ball over the wall, and error's as a middle fielder on routine plays has made me judgmental of the player. I do strongly hope Profar somehow remains with the rangers and we see 150 plus games at 2b pairing with Elvis. I'd like to see that....think it could be special. Money sure fits and the farm at 2B ain't half bad IF you want to move an old profar at 22/23 or Elvis at 27/28/29 I look hard for a taker in Kinsler, and I think if shopped, there COULD be some interest.

many that post here know their stuff and some wear BIG TIME lace panties.

tip of the cap scotty...:suds:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've known my opinions scotty for some time now and I yours....Mine tend to get stated and I will defend the thoughts, piss with the best of um when the smart ass wants to play. I'm NOT much for buddy systems when we both know that no opinions stated here have more value than the other.

Let's look at the whole picture that is this board and then consider the jab. I stood with Washington wasn't going anywhere and that didn't set all that well with the peanut gallery. Then came the JD/Ryan deal followed by the guys that wear their Kinsler jersey's at the ballpark and shopping malls. Other than the lainey types, I always thought guys looked funny wearing the #5's.

It is most certainly true that I don't value the Kinsler that many do here going forward in a ranger uni. I've always credited the range, power and ability not to chase the pitch going away. The two cent head at times running the bases, uppercut to always hit the ball over the wall, and error's as a middle fielder on routine plays has made me judgmental of the player. I do strongly hope Profar somehow remains with the rangers and we see 150 plus games at 2b pairing with Elvis. I'd like to see that....think it could be special. Money sure fits and the farm at 2B ain't half bad IF you want to move an old profar at 22/23 or Elvis at 27/28/29 I look hard for a taker in Kinsler, and I think if shopped, there COULD be some interest.

of course there could be some interest but i see it as Texas coming out on the short end of the deal. it would be either Texas taking some other team's bad contracts in exchange or having to eat a large portion of Kinsler's contract and getting little of substance in return

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Tulo is signed through 2020. I don't think they look to move him, (talk about expensive)

So yes, we seem like a good match, Taveras/Kelly? That's a go too as far as I'm concerned
I want Taveras, I'd happily take Kelly with him

I still think Miller/Adams is a no-brainer.

the major concern with Taveras is he had surgery in August (high ankle sprain that would not heal), and I can't find any reports after that, if he's playing somewhere, I can't find it (it's probably way too early after the surgery)...I'm sure the Rangers would be doing their homework on his injury before any deal

if he is 100%, (once again) I have a really hard time seeing the Cards moving him. Like I mentioned, they need him...but they could afford to get rid of a pitcher.
If the rumors get louder...could be exciting

I've got 3 friends in Memphis, which is Cardinal territory BIG TIME, and they had the rumor of Profar for Freese & Shelby Miller a few days ago as a done deal. I ain't buying none of this. Miller may be a stud-of-studs - he's only 23, 15-9 this season - but him and Freese for a potentially great SS for a decade plus does not seem like anything close to what we need/want to be doing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I swear nothing personal.....but this took WAY TOO long. Your thoughts are, for the most part, pretty solid, but too me, honestly, relax.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course there could be some interest but i see it as Texas coming out on the short end of the deal. it would be either Texas taking some other team's bad contracts in exchange or having to eat a large portion of Kinsler's contract and getting little of substance in return

I'm good with the different opinion. I'm not convinced we take a "bad" contract in return and my point today was paying some of his contract. I don't think that restricts this team doing what they want to do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear nothing personal.....but this took WAY TOO long. Your thoughts are, for the most part, pretty solid, but too me, honestly, relax.

you be the judge champ....I responded to the question. I know you're in the club.
Big fucking deal....get over it

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got 3 friends in Memphis, which is Cardinal territory BIG TIME, and they had the rumor of Profar for Freese & Shelby Miller a few days ago as a done deal. I ain't buying none of this. Miller may be a stud-of-studs - he's only 23, 15-9 this season - but him and Freese for a potentially great SS for a decade plus does not seem like anything close to what we need/want to be doing.

That is a ridiculous trade, and I wouldn't back JD anymore if he pulled the trigger on that deal. I doubt they would ever put Freese in our clubhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.