• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree about Morales and McCann. still need another bat after that, Cruz?
Morales and Cruz are probable. McCann not so sure if the Yankees are in the hunt. But the combination of the three would sure be helpful.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales and Cruz are probable. McCann not so sure if the Yankees are in the hunt. But the combination of the three would sure be helpful.

just read that the Braves have offered a QO to McCann

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in the majors passed on Miller. So what? They wanted Purke. He wanted more money than they had to offer. That's not exactly their fault he was a selfish little puke. Unless you always speak out of hindsight, which I have a feeling you do.

Says the guy who is talking out his ass.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz, Morales, and McCann would upgrade the line-up a lot. That puts Nelly back in the OF which is not the best idea.

Morales is not a bad 1B, or hasn't been in the past, might have something to do with that bad leg injury he suffered is why he DHs, I don't think it would be a given that Cruz is in the OF in that scenario

I could deal with Cruz in LF though

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales is not a bad 1B, or hasn't been in the past, might have something to do with that bad leg injury he suffered is why he DHs, I don't think it would be a given that Cruz is in the OF in that scenario

I could deal with Cruz in LF though

Well Morales is either playing 1st or DH (which is what they would sign him for IMO), leaving Mitch at 1st, and Nelly in the OF, which is what I said. I don't think Nelly is going to sign a deal to strictly DH, unfortunately. If we had to put Nelly back in the OF I would put him back in RF. Rios' arm is not good anymore.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it would have to be Adams, not Freeze.
And IMO, hell yes you take that trade.

only small concerns (not really to me) could be used, maybe in our favor.

at some point (not this year) Miller was suspended for missing the team bus, and suspended another time for an "alcohol related incident" (allegedly) but I'm still unclear about the reason for that suspension, there were other rumors he was suspended (this is all minor league) for a tweet?
I didn't do a lot of digging, maybe someone else can....none of it seemed like a huge deal

My only point is does this have anything to do with the Cards shopping him and keeping Wacha, which was a rumor in the Spring...I tend to doubt it. I never read anything to do with inning counts, I only know of some bicep trouble, I think in the minors.

Anyway, if it's Adams and Miller...once again
hell yes

You bet we do this trade!! But I would expect the Cards would want a prospect along with Profar if they give up both Adams and Miller...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet we do this trade!! But I would expect the Cards would want a prospect along with Profar if they give up both Adams and Miller...

I am okay with it as well. There is no way it could ever be Freese as that would be such a negative vibe to have in the clubhouse. The players would not need another year with another reminder of 2011 sitting in their dugout.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:
I am okay with it as well. There is no way it could ever be Freese as that would be such a negative vibe to have in the clubhouse. The players would not need another year with another reminder of 2011 sitting in their dugout.
Freese made Buck famous. If it weren't for him, Buck would not have the title he is known for )*^#$%^^@@$^&(())TRQRWETY&^%$#@@#$%T^ in the world.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Morales is either playing 1st or DH (which is what they would sign him for IMO), leaving Mitch at 1st, and Nelly in the OF, which is what I said. I don't think Nelly is going to sign a deal to strictly DH, unfortunately. If we had to put Nelly back in the OF I would put him back in RF. Rios' arm is not good anymore.

To me it really doesn't make a difference LF vs RF between Rios & Cruz

And I still think no one is signing Cruz if we extend the QO, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I just don't see it, I doubt anyone will give him big money AND give up a pick

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it really doesn't make a difference LF vs RF between Rios & Cruz

And I still think no one is signing Cruz if we extend the QO, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I just don't see it, I doubt anyone will give him big money AND give up a pick

There is a dearth of FA options for power bats at COF spots. That alone is enough reason to believe he can and will get at least 3 years somewhere else.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is actively trying to trade for a SS now. They have too many starters and are going to be shopping Miller and Lynn. So that trade proposal we have talked about with Miller+ for Profar sounds damn tempting. Give them a SS and Texas can pick up that 5th starter and a bat.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is actively trying to trade for a SS now. They have too many starters and are going to be shopping Miller and Lynn. So that trade proposal we have talked about with Miller+ for Profar sounds damn tempting. Give them a SS and Texas can pick up that 5th starter and a bat.

Who else would Texas have to throw in to make that work?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else would Texas have to throw in to make that work?

I don't know. I would think another mid level prospect. Obviously not one of the untouchables. But someone else they don't really need long term.

Untouchables: Sardinas, Odor, Brinson, Alfaro, Gallo, Beras, LuJack and probably some others.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I would think another mid level prospect. Obviously not one of the untouchables. But someone else they don't really need long term.

Untouchables: Sardinas, Odor, Brinson, Alfaro, Gallo, Beras, LuJack and probably some others.

Kind of what I was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.