• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why the hell did you mention what he means to the city? He adds nothing tangible to their life as a sports star.

I have a problem with your opinion, because it's incorrect to put Jeter anywhere close to Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, and Ruth.

Had you said Albert Pujols was at the level of those guys, then I would have zero issue with your statement. I don't know how you can make that opinion without using hard evidence to back it. I can look at everything on context and say that Pujols belongs in that conversation when he retires and that Jeter does not.

You have a problem with my opinion and it's all good. My opinion differs from yours. Opinions are subjective. It's beyond me why you can't recognize that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a problem with my opinion and it's all good. My opinion differs from yours. Opinions are subjective. It's beyond me why you can't recognize that.

Because this is an indefensible opinion. You have to have something to back your opinion other than saying "oh it's just my opinion." That's lazy man. Don't be lazy. Make an argument why Jeter belongs in the conversation that has actual tangible things supporting it, and I won't give you a hard time. Until then I will. I mean you don't have to do anything you don't want to, but I am going to chide you for being lazy otherwise.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this is an indefensible opinion. You have to have something to back your opinion other than saying "oh it's just my opinion." That's lazy man. Don't be lazy. Make an argument why Jeter belongs in the conversation that has actual tangible things supporting it, and I won't give you a hard time. Until then I will. I mean you don't have to do anything you don't want to, but I am going to chide you for being lazy otherwise.

Call me lazy then. Jeez Louise.

If you're going to only base it on stats then ya maybe it won't be a fair comparison because Jeter and Mantle are/were 2 completely different players. Jeter's 18 or 19 years of individual stats speak for themselves. You can also add 5 rings to that. He was the best player in his position during his generation (in his prime years) that also happened to be the most dominant team of his era for the most part.

I'm not one that only will look at statistics to base what a players worth and value is to a team/organization etc. I take a holistic approach and realize he is a part of the fabric of the Yankee organization. Look I won't say if I had one person to build a team around of the players we mentioned, I'll certainly put Jeter on the bottom of the list but that's not what I am really talking about.

IMO when it's all said and done, 50 years from now I think baseball fans and purists will be talking about Jeter and just how great of a player he was.

I still love you.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me lazy then. Jeez Louise.

If you're going to only base it on stats then ya maybe it won't be a fair comparison because Jeter and Mantle are/were 2 completely different players. Jeter's 18 or 19 years of individual stats speak for themselves. You can also add 5 rings to that. He was the best player in his position during his generation (in his prime years) that also happened to be the most dominant team of his era for the most part.

I'm not one that only will look at statistics to base what a players worth and value is to a team/organization etc. I take a holistic approach and realize he is a part of the fabric of the Yankee organization. Look I won't say if I had one person to build a team around of the players we mentioned, I'll certainly put Jeter on the bottom of the list but that's not what I am really talking about.

IMO when it's all said and done, 50 years from now I think baseball fans and purists will be talking about Jeter and just how great of a player he was.

I still love you.

It's Friday afternoon and I am extremely bored. If I didn't have internet sports arguments to start, how would I make it through the doldrums before the weekend? How I ask you? HOW?!?!?!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan officially voids his option and is a FA. I will miss you Joe...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Young is as good as babe ruth, just sayin

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeter was a Ranger his entire career like MY almost was he would be an above average player but not to the level he is because of playing in NY on very good teams in a big market. And we would still have no championship rings. And if MY is on those same NY teams the Yankees still win plenty of World Series. That being said I like the guy because I think he has always carried himself well and I cannot say that about very many Yankees. Now that is just me.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeter was a Ranger his entire career like MY almost was he would be an above average player but not to the level he is because of playing in NY on very good teams in a big market. And we would still have no championship rings. And if MY is on those same NY teams the Yankees still win plenty of World Series. That being said I like the guy because I think he has always carried himself well and I cannot say that about very many Yankees. Now that is just me.
Good point.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the winning of titles as a basis of a great player, Luis Sojo has 4 rings, therefore he must be an awesome player....

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the winning of titles as a basis of a great player, Luis Sojo has 4 rings, therefore he must be an awesome player....

I couldn't agree more with you on that one. Championships are a team accomplishment.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a boring Friday night. Lets pick it up. Murphy is a HOF material and Rev likes the Yankees. There that should do it. Like I said boring.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bullpen arm I'd be interested in bringing back is Michael Gonzalez. He was a good hard throwing lefty to have if you used him right.

Anybody got any interest in Cory Hart, Morales, or Beltran? Beltran makes me nervous because at his age you never know when the bat speed is going to go, but as of this season he's one of the best hitters in baseball.

Also, please get McCann.

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a boring Friday night. Lets pick it up. Murphy is a HOF material and Rev likes the Yankees. There that should do it. Like I said boring.

:postwhore:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bullpen arm I'd be interested in bringing back is Michael Gonzalez. He was a good hard throwing lefty to have if you used him right.

Anybody got any interest in Cory Hart, Morales, or Beltran? Beltran makes me nervous because at his age you never know when the bat speed is going to go, but as of this season he's one of the best hitters in baseball.

Also, please get McCann.

Morales and McCann I'd be fine with, Hart is too injury prone, Beltran's bat is good but he's always on the verge of breaking down, don't want to get saddled with his contract

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robert Horry must be the best basketball player ever, because he's got 7 rings. I hear ya, loud clear and correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.