• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way we could steal Encarnacion away from the Blue Jays? He could give Mitch and Beltre days off in the field.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way we could steal Encarnacion away from the Blue Jays? He could give Mitch and Beltre days off in the field.
His nickname is E5 for a reason. Heh...I would love to have that guy though.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I did in fact!! And a rough baseball week too...not a big fan of either the Red Sox or the Cardinals! It drove me crazy watching Mr. Freese flail away the whole series...and remembering how unconscious he was in 2011...

Response to DT Luna - my quick reply isn't working!!!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I did in fact!! And a rough baseball week too...not a big fan of either the Red Sox or the Cardinals! It drove me crazy watching Mr. Freese flail away the whole series...and remembering how unconscious he was in 2011...

Response to DT Luna - my quick reply isn't working!!!!

Mine isn't either. I think it's thread wide. It works in other threads.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Jacoby. Fuck that tub of goo known as Lance Berkman. I will see him in hell and kick him in the knee.

Sorry...but that's classless of a comment.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right on par with the garbage Berkman said about the Rangers. He's not this nice guy everyone makes him out to be. He's a self righteous asshole. Couldn't be happier to be rid of that piece of shit.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For crying out loud Darryl, turn up the volumn. We can't hear you.:L

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can
And when it's time for leavin' . . .

Sorry, got carried away.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on par with the garbage Berkman said about the Rangers. He's not this nice guy everyone makes him out to be. He's a self righteous asshole. Couldn't be happier to be rid of that piece of shit.

Tell me one thing he said which wasn't either true, or IHO? From what I read/heard, the players enjoyed having him in the locker room. He apologized when necessary, but for the most part, never varied from who he was and is.

To me, the whole "Lance" experiment was on JD. Terrible decision to bring him outta retirement in the first place. But if you're Lance, "hmmmm, you're going to give me $12 mil in hopes I'll make it through this season, and produce." Made/makes no sense, then or now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me one thing he said which wasn't either true, or IHO? From what I read/heard, the players enjoyed having him in the locker room. He apologized when necessary, but for the most part, never varied from who he was and is.

To me, the whole "Lance" experiment was on JD. Terrible decision to bring him outta retirement in the first place. But if you're Lance, "hmmmm, you're going to give me $12 mil in hopes I'll make it through this season, and produce." Made/makes no sense, then or now.

He said the 2010 Rangers played over their heads and would be average without Cliff Lee. He also said that Beltre's contract was a reach.

Then he pulled bullshit during a series this year and talked shit to his teammates about the 2011 WS.

He's a jackass that never had a place on this team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the 2010 Rangers played over their heads and would be average without Cliff Lee. He also said that Beltre's contract was a reach.

Then he pulled bullshit during a series this year and talked shit to his teammates about the 2011 WS.

He's a jackass that never had a place on this team.

You're correct in the first two quotes. However, these truly fall under "IHO" don't they? He was totally wrong on the second one in-particular.

The BS you're talking about - at least in my reticulation - "was tongue-in-cheek" - and the team got a kick outta his BS. I maybe don't remember this the way it was. But I read little, from within the clubhouse then or now which reflected negatively on Berkman or this situation.

Glad he's gone, but again, I blame JD for his presence in the first place....Period.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct in the first two quotes. However, these truly fall under "IHO" don't they? He was totally wrong on the second one in-particular.

The BS you're talking about - at least in my reticulation - "was tongue-in-cheek" - and the team got a kick outta his BS. I maybe don't remember this the way it was. But I read little, from within the clubhouse then or now which reflected negatively on Berkman or this situation.

Glad he's gone, but again, I blame JD for his presence in the first place....Period.

Murphy told him to stop talking. Tongue in cheek or not, when a teammate says stop talking, they don't like it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTGDjlRCcAIB12E.jpg:large

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban catcher Yenier Bello is expected to work out for big league teams on Nov. 5 in Tijuana, Mexico. The powerful 28-year-old hasn't yet been cleared by the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), though MLB cleared him a month ago.

Anybody know anything about this Cuban catcher? He is younger and cheaper than McCann. To be honest, McCann's #'s aren't that great. Especially when it will take 75-100 million dollars

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban catcher Yenier Bello is expected to work out for big league teams on Nov. 5 in Tijuana, Mexico. The powerful 28-year-old hasn't yet been cleared by the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), though MLB cleared him a month ago.

Anybody know anything about this Cuban catcher? He is younger and cheaper than McCann. To be honest, McCann's #'s aren't that great. Especially when it will take 75-100 million dollars

Do you think it will take that much to sign McCann? I think about 4/60 or 5/65 range will be what will get him signed.

It won't hurt seriously considering signing him. He's allegedly 28 so if he's willing to take a 2 or 3 year deal with a decent salary then it probably can't be worse than AJ.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hit 276 with 82 homers in nine years in cuba. And threw out 50 percent of base runners that try run on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.