• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers might end up being our trade partner. They are declining the option on Mark Ellis meaning they need a 2B. I could see Ian in a Dodger uniform for some reason.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding about Berkman right? No MLB team would give Lance a ham sandwich to come to spring training. And ya know what, Berk is a smart guy. He was pretty much set on retirement when the Rangers plucked him off the heap.

i was

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I suffered through a World Series hoping both teams would lose... ( it was cool seeing Napoli get a ring I must admit, but not Koji) and I've been having radical thoughts:

We have two shortstops, the Cards obviously need one....they have two first basemen, we need one...there's also that prospect Tavares out there..... I think there's a deal to be made here...we trade Andrus (and prospects) for Adams and better quality prospects (Andrus is established, Adams not so much...). I know, but I'm thinking out of the box here.

McCann would be great...for about a year or two...then we will regret the burden of his huge salary. Do we make a run for Salty?? Although not impressed with his defense at all. Inclined to keep AJ one more year...yeh, I know, slap me into reality...

Cruz - 2 year deal, primarily DH. He doesn't like it, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Cano? No way, too expensive
Ellsbury? Can he play left field? is that a waste of his talents? Will he only play 50 games per year? Possibly...I would reluctantly pass on him and his big contract.

Price? Wow, would I love to have him on the Rangers! but he will destroy our farm system.

Let's do a big deal with the Cards, sign Cruz to a reasonable deal, let Garza walk, and look for reasonably priced mid level SP - Vargas? Kuroda?

I'm rambling....
Rough week at the office Leslie? Have one on me. lol Glad you're back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers might end up being our trade partner. They are declining the option on Mark Ellis meaning they need a 2B. I could see Ian in a Dodger uniform for some reason.

other than a bloated contract of one of their oft-injured Of'er's what could they offer?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved our 2011 team. And I like what the Red Sox did this year. Both teams had that special chemistry. I am not sure until I really get a good handle on who will be available but look at what Boston did. Guys that many including many of us on this board did not want to touch. Guys like Gomes, Victorino, and even Napoli. Most of us wanted Uehara but he did not want us. It does not always have to be the big blockbuster guys but we will have to dish out 13 mill on somebody which sounds cheaper everyday. Just guys who love baseball and play hard and with attitude. That's why I hated to lose Napoli and why I love Beltre. Even if Napoli struck out he had to scare the daylights out of the other team. I want that lineup that just scares the crap out of the other pitcher. Now I am rambling BLeslie. This team is not that far off from getting it back. And we can't just keep letting our own go. I want Cruz here. He can still play and knock the daylights out of the baseball. It hurt us not having him for those last 50 games. Still rambling. For some reason I think I need to go play an Allman Brothers album.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one pitcher that nobody is talking about trading Profar for, Scherzer.

I know he is arbitration eligible and not a free agent until 2015 but his agent is Scott Boras. So a team would have him for a period of time before losing him. Not sure what his salary would end up being this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved our 2011 team. And I like what the Red Sox did this year. Both teams had that special chemistry. I am not sure until I really get a good handle on who will be available but look at what Boston did. Guys that many including many of us on this board did not want to touch. Guys like Gomes, Victorino, and even Napoli. Most of us wanted Uehara but he did not want us. It does not always have to be the big blockbuster guys but we will have to dish out 13 mill on somebody which sounds cheaper everyday. Just guys who love baseball and play hard and with attitude. That's why I hated to lose Napoli and why I love Beltre. Even if Napoli struck out he had to scare the daylights out of the other team. I want that lineup that just scares the crap out of the other pitcher. Now I am rambling BLeslie. This team is not that far off from getting it back. And we can't just keep letting our own go. I want Cruz here. He can still play and knock the daylights out of the baseball. It hurt us not having him for those last 50 games. Still rambling. For some reason I think I need to go play an Allman Brothers album.

Problem with Napoli is it was assumed he would catch, and he wanted that kind of money, as a 1B it was whole other ballgame

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You a Ramblin' Man, Wastin!

Status
Not open for further replies.