• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official. Texas will extend a qualifying offer to Nelson Cruz per Evan Grant.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, JD said last night Nathan probably will not return. That was on FOX DFW News.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official. Texas will extend a qualifying offer to Nelson Cruz per Evan Grant.

What would be the qualifying offer. If someone can, explain to me how the qualifying offer works again especially in the case for Cruz who is a veteran?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, JD said last night Nathan probably will not return. That was on FOX DFW News.

I understand it but I'd personally take a dabble at another year and good salary. A lot of us will remember some of his blown saves and his bend but don't break inning but on the whole he is/was money.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant expects him to reject it and seek a multi year deal. Which potentially means a compensation pick.
Would not be surprised but Grant can be Grant

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be the qualifying offer. If someone can, explain to me how the qualifying offer works again especially in the case for Cruz who is a veteran?
14.1 million for one year. If they do that, then if he signs elsewhere the Rangers get a compensatory pick.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14.1 million for one year. If they do that, then if he signs elsewhere the Rangers get a compensatory pick.

Aaah ok that's right should have thought of that. But I thought they were supposed to do away with the compensatory picks now? Or is that for specific cases or perhaps taking effect in another season?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli is about ready to win a Ring, why would he want to come back? He seems to be having a lot fun, naturally. But it's also seemed by watching him that he's happy there.

We'll see, money talks...I don't see JD getting into any bidding war with Napoli, his condition is not cured, it never will be and unfortunately (this is why I'm glad he's getting a Ring) it can hit all of a sudden and you're done. He also could be fine for awhile.
Point, I don't see JD going after him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli is about ready to win a Ring, why would he want to come back? He seems to be having a lot fun, naturally. But it's also seemed by watching him that he's happy there.

We'll see, money talks...I don't see JD getting into any bidding war with Napoli, his condition is not cured, it never will be and unfortunately (this is why I'm glad he's getting a Ring) it can hit all of a sudden and you're done. He also could be fine for awhile.
Point, I don't see JD going after him.
Winning is always fun. And him being a 1B/DH means there is less to worry about.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is always fun. And him being a 1B/DH means there is less to worry about.

you've probably already done your homework, but with his condition the position doesn't make any difference
you can't play baseball.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF" we made it to the ALDS we would've had an even harder time trying to score runs. I believe no matter the outcome, the majority of the fans would still upgrades to the offense. We don't have anyone that fits in the 3 hole. That is a major problem.

For the record, I hate what they did to the ballpark. We do have a dominating pitching staff, but I think the best teams have both. Look at Boston. I wouldn't consider them to have a dominating staff by any means. Although their pitchers have overachieved in the playoffs IMO. Their line-up and chemistry is the reason they are where they are. Same thing we had in 2010-2012.

I agree about the chemistry, things just start clicking with teams. It's not all Saber and spreadsheets

hard to predict when teams/players get hot at the right time, no matter what data you have in front of you

(this is not an anti-Saber post, so everyone relax :D)

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exercised that demon, huh Napoli. Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.