• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, he won't be playing with us next year. I feel like JD is gonna be very close to the vest with everything this offseason after last winter's debacle. When there is an available trade that should legitimately upgrade this team ie. Price Stanton then I feel like he's gonna pull the trigger this year with Profar.

He needs to do something..... Obvious holes in left field, first base, and DH. I doubt they make 3 million in attendance if they get skunked again this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to do something..... Obvious holes in left field, first base, and DH. I doubt they make 3 million in attendance if they get skunked again this year.

I don't see LF or 1B as a hole like some people do, upgrades to be had, but its not a hole, or devoid of talent, people are just scared of what's already there, some for obvious reasons (Moreland), some which I don't get at this point (Gentry)

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see LF or 1B as a hole like some people do, upgrades to be had, but its not a hole, or devoid of talent, people are just scared of what's already there, some for obvious reasons (Moreland), some which I don't get at this point (Gentry)

I prefer to keep Gentry in his role of a 4th OF'er/fill in OF'er. Gentry is a great player but in his role. Last thing we need to do is over expose him and have him produce terribly without any backup plan.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it will interesting to see what they do in LF. Gentry could be the answer but i think that they will look for a power-hitting LF'er (not Cruz who i see being re-signed but not as a full-time OF'er) and keep Gentry as insurance if Martin continues to struggle.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to upgrade one or the other. If they skimp on either then we will be saying the same thing next off season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to upgrade one or the other. If they skimp on either then we will be saying the same thing next off season.

I agree, but to say we have a glaring hole at BOTH is wrong, its one or the other, but we definitely need some hitters, whether it be catcher, 1B, LF or DH, but we don't need all of the above

When given a chance at regular playing time, Gentry has rarely let anyone down, even when his average isn't top notch, he provides so much more than most players

With his speed, his average will almost always balance out in the end, he doesn't look clueless against LHPs or RHPs, so I don't get this overexposed thing, it all goes back to the fact that he doesn't hit 20+ HRs

Martin is the one that needs to sit when certain types pitch (LHPs), not Gentry

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but to say we have a glaring hole at BOTH is wrong, its one or the other, but we definitely need some hitters, whether it be catcher, 1B, LF or DH, but we don't need all of the above

When given a chance at regular playing time, Gentry has rarely let anyone down, even when his average isn't top notch, he provides so much more than most players

With his speed, his average will almost always balance out in the end, he doesn't look clueless against LHPs or RHPs, so I don't get this overexposed thing, it all goes back to the fact that he doesn't hit 20+ HRs

Martin is the one that needs to sit when certain types pitch (LHPs), not Gentry

can't argue about Gentry, which is why i think he might be the starting CF'er coming out of Spring Training.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't argue about Gentry, which is why i think he might be the starting CF'er coming out of Spring Training.
Agree that Gentry could win the cf job b/c he may be the best c fielder in American league. That being said, where do we fit Martin into the puzzle? Two fielders that do not hit that well. Not exactly what we are looking for and Rios , if he is in rf, is a little better. Defense is fine but offense not. That is troubling to me. We have to get some one in the outfield that can hit. Who? Moreland is a real troubling problem. Will he come around? Great if he can but will JD wait to find out? DH will likely be Cruz and Soto will likely be our catcher if we don't land Mc Cann. Lot of work to do. Good luck JD.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that Gentry could win the cf job b/c he may be the best c fielder in American league. That being said, where do we fit Martin into the puzzle? Two fielders that do not hit that well. Not exactly what we are looking for and Rios , if he is in rf, is a little better. Defense is fine but offense not. That is troubling to me. We have to get some one in the outfield that can hit. Who? Moreland is a real troubling problem. Will he come around? Great if he can but will JD wait to find out? DH will likely be Cruz and Soto will likely be our catcher if we don't land Mc Cann. Lot of work to do. Good luck JD.

Rios is a good hitter. I think Gentry would have to have one hell of a ST to beat out Martin. I see Gentry as a 4th OF, and always have.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels want pitching in exchange for Trumbo. Any interest? I'm not sure they would even trade him to us. I am glad to hear that there's a possibility he won't be in their line-up. Trout and him are their most reliable hitters, and maybe Kendrick (who they might also trade)

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels want pitching in exchange for Trumbo. Any interest? I'm not sure they would even trade him to us. I am glad to hear that there's a possibility he won't be in their line-up. Trout and him are their most reliable hitters, and maybe Kendrick (who they might also trade)

Last year I would have given my left nut to get Trumbo. Now not so much. He has power but beyond that I just remember him being a pretty easy out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I would have given my left nut to get Trumbo. Now not so much. He has power but beyond that I just remember him being a pretty easy out.

Reminds me a little of Gonzo. He's not near the hitter, but Juan and Mark both have a lot of power and can't hit, or lay off the slider.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo put up nearly 2 more wins than Moreland. I would take his production any day of the week.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo put up nearly 2 more wins than Moreland. I would take his production any day of the week.

I can't see Trumbo being worth what the Angels will likely command.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LuJack is off limits for anything but a superstar return. Send them Kirkman and one decent arm.

LuJack, I like that. They might laugh at Kirkman, but then again he would be one of their best pitchers. Kirkman has the stuff, he might just need to go to another team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo is not a free agent until 2017 so you have some control over his salary going crazy and I like the 34 homers. But that 234 avg and 184 K's scare the daylights out of me. He is a tough call on whether I want him or not. And I agree with Rev that Jackson is off limits. We need to hold on to our pitchers. He is just 27 I noticed so he could actually improve on his 30 homer a season and possibly his overall average.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonys is just 23, cost a little over 4 mill a year for a couple of more years, had 14 OF assists, 36 SB and has some nice tools. He showed us at times he has some more to learn at the MLB level but for his first real time in the big leagues I like the raw talent that is there. It just needs some more refining.

Status
Not open for further replies.