• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I read, Colby said he feels better than he has in 3 years and said he felt he could have 2 more productive years. He's never been one to blow smoke. So we'll see.

okay give him another million and keep him down at AAA in case we need him later but he shouldn't be counted on as being an opening day member of the rotation.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it doesn't....you still think that was a BS call last night?

Going by the rules it was the right call looking back. But then again the throw by Salty was unacceptable.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay give him another million and keep him down at AAA in case we need him later but he shouldn't be counted on as being an opening day member of the rotation.

I see nothing wrong giving him the same contract next season he got last off season. If his hip is fixed then he is a great asset to this staff. And yes there is a little bit of sentimental value there that I think would be a nice gesture by the organization and giving him that benefit of the doubt.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing wrong giving him the same contract next season he got last off season. If his hip is fixed then he is a great asset to this staff. And yes there is a little bit of sentimental value there that I think would be a nice gesture by the organization and giving him that benefit of the doubt.

okay I can see that. like i said sign him and keep him as a fall back option

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay I can see that. like i said sign him and keep him as a fall back option

The Rangers are going to need a 5th starter, provided they are moving Ogando back to the BP. If Lewis is healthy, he's a legitimate option for the # 5 hole. Although I've always liked Colby, this isn't a sentimental, here's ya a bone kind of deal. If he can fill the bill, so-be-it, and Lewis would be the first to agree with this.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore such posts. No one knows every thing about all players. Keep on stating your thoughts and opinions. May not agree with all but that doesn't mean a thing.

Thanks for the support. Don't worry DT LUNA I don't really take those kind of posts personally.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I read, Colby said he feels better than he has in 3 years and said he felt he could have 2 more productive years. He's never been one to blow smoke. So we'll see.

I hope so. Lewis was a beast down the stretch and in the postseason. He doesn't have the flash people like to see from pitchers, but he pitches his best when it matters. I feel much better re-signing him and rolling out a rotation of Darvish-Harrison-Holland-Lewis-Perez that I would if Ogando or a rookie call up was in the back end of the rotation.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Lewis was a beast down the stretch and in the postseason. He doesn't have the flash people like to see from pitchers, but he pitches his best when it matters. I feel much better re-signing him and rolling out a rotation of Darvish-Harrison-Holland-Lewis-Perez that I would if Ogando or a rookie call up was in the back end of the rotation.

You wouldn't feel better if he can't throw harder than 85-88 mph.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. That's all I'm advocating really. Lewis brings a toughness/attitude that we lack. He's not looking for a gift, just an opportunity to compete on a level playing field, and we're in need of his attributes.

As far as your starters for next season: Darvish-Harrison, and then it's YTBD. Perez so surprised me. He's battling for the #3 spot. Holland can always battle for the position. And regardless, that's an impressive starting 5 IMO.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Ken Rosenthal has ever sounded (Michrophone was muted). Can't help but watch WS just don't know who I want to win.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Ken Rosenthal has ever sounded (Michrophone was muted). Can't help but watch WS just don't know who I want to win.
Gotta go w/ Boston b/c of American league. Never liked the Nationals.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to try and watch the whole game tonight...I don't really care either, be nice to Napoli and Dempster get a ring, other than that, whatever, whoever

Cards win this, it's probably over

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to try and watch the whole game tonight...I don't really care either, be nice to Napoli and Dempster get a ring, other than that, whatever, whoever

Yep. Like to see them get the ring they should have gotten to begin with.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lived in St Louis and absolutely hated the city. 1 1/2 years of hell. But I admire the baseball team/franchise very much. Behind the Yankees, this city has the best. And many of my closet friends are from Memphis, which is St Louis south.

If it were the Tigers instead of Boston, I'd be cheering for Detroit all the way. But it ain't. It's those New England fuckers who think they are so much better than the rest of us. So screw em. And take Tom Brady with ya please.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lainey....you have positive emotions toward Dempster? Really? Why's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.