• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most entertaining, and as you said, very talented, catchers I've ever seen. It was a true delight to have watched him.

But going back to my original question: Why have the Cardinals always had good catching? And here we are in age where good catching is damn near non existent, and yet, the friggin Cards have the best in the game. What's up with that?

great, consistent organization is the easy answer, I respect 'em

not so much in '11

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if we will see Dempster tonight...he's been coming in Buchholz, who's been throwing hurt.
not that it will go well for Ryan,
(yikes)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great, consistent organization is the easy answer, I respect 'em

not so much in '11

hahaha.....well put.

It is a great franchise. As much as I despise the town, I admire the baseball organization. And today, they're probably the best in the game.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha.....well put.

It is a great franchise. As much as I despise the town, I admire the baseball organization. And today, they're probably the best in the game.

they don't look to get any worse either...

I want their stud OF (prospect) Tavares, but I don't how in the heck JD could pry him away
they don't need pitching, that's good, we don't have it to give.

middle infielders, maybe...but I still don't see them parting ways, I would think they let Beltran go and start the Rook next year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good guess

OK....but has their pitching been that dominating for the past 25 years plus? I know it's been good. But their catching has been exceptional.

Anyway, it is a good guess. If I had the answer, I'd never have asked in the first place.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want their stud OF (prospect) Tavares, but I don't how in the heck JD could pry him away
they don't need pitching, that's good, we don't have it to give....doesn't look like that's in the cards; or is that Cards? There was some banter re: Profar for Tavares, but if I'm Texas, I don't make this trade.

middle infielders, maybe...but I still don't see them parting ways, I would think they let Beltran go and start the Rook next year.
And I suspect you're 100% on. Beltran wants to go to the Yankees it seems. And the Cards will let him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....but has their pitching been that dominating for the past 25 years plus? I know it's been good. But their catching has been exceptional.

Anyway, it is a good guess. If I had the answer, I'd never have asked in the first place.
Catchers can't make all pitchers good but they can make good pitchers better. Strickly a guess.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed some of the conversation but didn't Pena also catch for the Red Sox?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they don't need pitching, that's good, we don't have it to give.

wait, this was my post
Donaldson, I think you mangled it on accident

all good
:D

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in St Louis and absolutely hated the city. 1 1/2 years of hell. But I admire the baseball team/franchise very much. Behind the Yankees, this city has the best. And many of my closet friends are from Memphis, which is St Louis south.

If it were the Tigers instead of Boston, I'd be cheering for Detroit all the way. But it ain't. It's those New England fuckers who think they are so much better than the rest of us. So screw em. And take Tom Brady with ya please.

I hear players who play for St Louis love the city. They say the fans are great and very supportive.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hasn't been a lot of home runs in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.