• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be....calling your self a fan...how dare you.

/sarcasm

Good one. And I agree. What? He doesn't know everything, about every player. Shameful I tell, just shameful.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sorry for not knowing about every single player in baseball...
Ignore such posts. No one knows every thing about all players. Keep on stating your thoughts and opinions. May not agree with all but that doesn't mean a thing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore such posts. No one knows every thing about all players. Keep on stating your thoughts and opinions. May not agree with all but that doesn't mean a thing.
I would ignore my own posts if I could...wait is that possible?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All over the place last night, liquor wise I was drinking vodka waters, its quick and easy for the bartenders

Guaranteed recipe for drunken behavior for sure. How you feeling today?

But we've all posted - at least most of us have - something we wish we had not. I wasn't involved in this little "adventure" last night, but maybe everyone is willing to turn the page and move on.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed recipe for drunken behavior for sure. How you feeling today?

But we've all posted - at least most of us have - something we wish we had not. I wasn't involved in this little "adventure" last night, but maybe everyone is willing to turn the page and move on.

I feel great, hangovers usually mitigated by the water in it, makes for a great going out drink and not feeling like crap, plus if you do just want to drink water, no one questions it

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I never called you whiny and bitchy, I said don't complain about the topic without bringing something to the table, if you took whiny and bitchy from that, that's more of an indictment on you than me

And no that post probably wasn't necessary and isn't one of my usual types of posts, despite all your bluster about my "trend of behavior," but hey it was Saturday night and I had a few adult beverages

I choose not to engage in discussions that are not able to be backed up and I defend my point, if that makes me a know it all, then so be it

And there is nothing faux macho bravado about me, I'm totally macho bravado

Also b/c I don't tend to deal in the emotional side of baseball, such as fan favorites and what not, if that makes me boorish and humorless, so be it...

huh.
Alright

I'm always curious about this, (other posters have claimed it as well) if you feel no real "emotion" for baseball, the Rangers or the players...
what is even the point?

or you're just saying you don't want to post anything "emotional" about our players?
I'm not be snarky, I truly don't understand

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Ervin Santana will go for in the free agent market. He gives up about 25 homers a year but overall had a very good year this past season. Had a very bad year the year before that but was pitching through an injury instead of rehabbing it. When he is on a roll look out.

no idea, what teams will pay for pitchers makes it hard to even guess

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh.
Alright

I'm always curious about this, (other posters have claimed it as well) if you feel no real "emotion" for baseball, the Rangers or the players...
what is even the point?

or you're just saying you don't want to post anything "emotional" about our players?

I am emotional about baseball, but I don't let it factor into my opinions about players which it mostly what this thread is about

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh.
Alright

what is even the point?

I think all he's really saying is he tends to approach the game from a more analytic standpoint than an emotional one.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am emotional about baseball, but I don't let it factor into my opinions about players which it mostly what this thread is about

I think all he's really saying is he tends to approach the game from a more analytic standpoint than an emotional one.

I'll never be a GM, so I can afford to be emotional.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's great...works for you, but I don't have any problem with fans that want to keep players around because they like them

or rather, I'm(typically) not going to take the time to nit-pick at someone's opinion because they didn't back it up with 20 spreadsheets. We are called "fans" for a reason

furthermore you could throw 20 spreadsheets at someone, and still manipulate your position
(not you, just in general)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be a GM, so I can afford to be emotional.

I agree. I'm not a player, manager, owner; I'm a Fan. But I do try and temper my enthusiasm with some logic, and not totally get wrapped up emotionally.

I think the thing I want to stay away from the most and really find ridiculous, is the knee jerk reaction.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm not a player, manager, owner; I'm a Fan. But I do try and temper my enthusiasm with some logic, and not totally get wrapped up emotionally.

I think the thing I want to stay away from the most and really find ridiculous, is the knee jerk reaction.
Yeah. I freak out, but I try not to let it impact judgment. Like I can be pissed without saying "cut this guy he sucks."

Status
Not open for further replies.