• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again confirms you don't know shit

Really?

I don't agree with a lot of posters either, but was this necessary? About as necessary as calling me "whiny and bitchy" because I think the talk of Butler for Kinsler ultimately was coming to a dead end, even if I myself enjoyed engaging in it?

Going back and reading a little, others might not of agreed with him, but amazingly they didn't feel the need to resort to this type of post. I also see a little trend for those who dare to disagree with you, oh we all know the type.
I digress
He's a FAN who wanted to talk about his wish list or whatever...so what.

I'm sure your over-bearing, boorish, humorless, self-important, know-it-all, name calling and insults will probably garner you some enduring like-minded self-delusional faux macho bravado...buddies.
tip of the cap to you

(I just wanted to make sure there was enough hyberbole in there for ya, big guy)

and you were right, I shouldn't have said Butler was an atrocious 1st baseman.
absolutely-astonishingly-atrocious....is indeed, a lot more fun.

It must be incredibly painful to take yourself so seriously.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I don't agree with a lot of posters either, but was this necessary? About as necessary as calling me "whiny and bitchy" because I think the talk of Butler for Kinsler ultimately was coming to a dead end, even if I myself enjoyed engaging in it?

Going back and reading a little, others might not of agreed with him, but amazingly they didn't feel the need to resort to this type of post. I also see a little trend for those who dare to disagree with you, oh we all know the type.
I digress
He's a FAN who wanted to talk about his wish list or whatever...so what.

I'm sure your over-bearing, boorish, humorless, self-important, know-it-all, name calling and insults will probably garner you some enduring like-minded self-delusional faux macho bravado...buddies.
tip of the cap to you

(I just wanted to make sure there was enough hyberbole in there for ya, big guy)

and you were right, I shouldn't have said Butler was an atrocious 1st baseman.
absolutely-astonishingly-atrocious....is indeed, a lot more fun.

It must be incredibly painful to take yourself so seriously.
Note to self...don't ever call Lainey bitchy or any other thinly veiled misogynist words...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that play was crazy as all get out last night. Sucks for the red sox to lose on a play that Salty knows better than to risk in the first place. Apparently the "runner's path" extends to wherever the hell he gets up and decides to run. Middlebrooks was no more in his way than people in the stands were, but he chose the most ridiculous path possible to run, but he's apparently allowed to do that and Middlebrooks was "obstructing" that path. Pretty lame if you ask me. Damn Cards find the most ridiculous ways to win playoff games...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typo'ed hyperbole
how ironical
I'm going to keep making words up
You seem as riled up as me when Wash does some silly, or the Cowboys give up points right before halftime, or when the Mavs get beat by inferior eastern conference teams, or I read articles about the expansion of government on personal freedoms.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self...don't ever call Lainey bitchy or any other thinly veiled misogynist words...

When I pointed out that ultimately the Royals couldn't afford Kinsler, I just assumed you knew that in no way was some kind of attack on you...or Justin, whoever. It was just my honest opinion, and once again, I did enjoy discussing it.

that was also implied, that I was complaining "whining, bitching"
lol
RIDICULOUS, I was doing no such thing.
If it came off that way, I do apologize. But it's hard for me to believe you would have actually thought that was directed at you in any way
So silly, internets

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem as riled up as me when Wash does some silly, or the Cowboys give up points right before halftime, or when the Mavs get beat by inferior eastern conference teams, or I read articles about the expansion of government on personal freedoms.

Heh, not really riled up at all.
I'm so relieved I really don't have an NFL team, the Rangers about kill me as it is

as for the Government...or lack of, the whole thing is just,
:doh:
:L

and
:scratch:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I pointed out that ultimately the Royals couldn't afford Kinsler, I just assumed you knew that in no way was some kind of attack on you...or Justin, whoever. It was just my honest opinion, and once again, I did enjoy discussing it.

that was also implied, that I was complaining "whining, bitching"
lol
RIDICULOUS, I was doing no such thing.
If it came off that way, I do apologize. But it's hard for me to believe you would have actually thought that was directed at you in any way
So silly, internets
Nah, I didn't care. It was either talk about Kinsler/Butler or argue with pday about whatever off the wall thing he said that day that made no sense to me. You can talk about whatever the heck you want to IMO. If I disagree, then you know me well enough to know that I'll say so.

BTW went back a few pages and I totally missed something that made me LOL for sure lunacy. There has been this one poster on LSB that is hell bent on telling LSB that we hate Nolan and don't respect him enough, and he tries to find silly quotes and articles that show how much JD disrespected him and isn't a good as we all think. So then he finally found his trump card, and that was that Maddux was open to the challenge of managing now.
It's just funny to me the extent that people are willing to go to push narratives that have no basis in reality. I love Maddux and I hope he stays, but blaming JD if he leaves is just stupid. Everyone on ESPN is out for blood with JD and blame him for pretty much anything right now. Dude is damned if he does or doesn't with some folks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, not really riled up at all.
I'm so relieved I really don't have an NFL team, the Rangers about kill me as it is

as for the Government...or lack of, the whole thing is just,
:doh:
:L

and
:scratch:
Be happy....baseball is just one way in which I am always disappointed and sad about life. I have at least 4 or 5 other let me downs I root on the other parts of the year.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty just cost them the game.

He did cost them the game with the throw, in his defense, he's probably thinking Craig can't run, I'm going to get two here...the heat of the moment thing maybe

And as much as it pains a lot of fans, it was the right call.
The most entertaining thing is actually comment boards...some of the Red Sox fans (and Card fans)....hilarity.
I grant if it were my team, I would be pretty upset.

Pence said in the past something like (this isn't exact) "if you throw the ball away and a run scores, you probably shouldn't be focused on the umpires"
He's right, and so was the call.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be happy....baseball is just one way in which I am always disappointed and sad about life. I have at least 4 or 5 other let me downs I root on the other parts of the year.

I know, believe me.
if it's making you that sad Rev, ya gotta quit following a couple teams.

That's it for you, I'm ordering it. Two teams, stop following. You have 48 hours to decide who

:D

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, believe me.
if it's making you that sad Rev, ya gotta quit following a couple teams.

That's it for you, I'm ordering it. Two teams, stop following. You have 48 hours to decide who

Impossible. My Alma Mater has to lose in the deep division 3 football playoffs, and I have to support them while they do it. The Cowboys have to be mediocre and I have to watch them do it. The Rangers have to rip my heart out every chance they can get and I am addicted to that pain, so there's that. The Mavs have Dirk, and I've never abandoned my beautiful beautiful Dirk. The Stars I like, but can do without if I must. And that's just the teams I like. That's why I do my best not to watch teams I hate, because that will probably give me cancer or something.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I didn't care. It was either talk about Kinsler/Butler or argue with pday about whatever off the wall thing he said that day that made no sense to me. You can talk about whatever the heck you want to IMO. If I disagree, then you know me well enough to know that I'll say so.

BTW went back a few pages and I totally missed something that made me LOL for sure lunacy. There has been this one poster on LSB that is hell bent on telling LSB that we hate Nolan and don't respect him enough, and he tries to find silly quotes and articles that show how much JD disrespected him and isn't a good as we all think. So then he finally found his trump card, and that was that Maddux was open to the challenge of managing now.
It's just funny to me the extent that people are willing to go to push narratives that have no basis in reality. I love Maddux and I hope he stays, but blaming JD if he leaves is just stupid. Everyone on ESPN is out for blood with JD and blame him for pretty much anything right now. Dude is damned if he does or doesn't with some folks.

WOW
I just read the Maddux thing on LSB, I did see that. Maddux said Nolan leaving might have had a little something to do with it. (is that close?)
and I think I noticed the poster you are talking about.

I personally try not to read anything into print press, and that would include what Maddux said about Nolan
Maybe he was just trying to give Nolan a compliment and he didn't mean anything about JD

Oh lord, don't get me started on how things can be manipulated, ESPECIALLY in print.
I'm not saying every article people read is manipulated to suit an agenda, I just think it's wise for people to realize, context can be left out...on purpose.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did cost them the game with the throw, in his defense, he's probably thinking Craig can't run, I'm going to get two here...the heat of the moment thing maybe

And as much as it pains a lot of fans, it was the right call.
The most entertaining thing is actually comment boards...some of the Red Sox fans (and Card fans)....hilarity.
I grant if it were my team, I would be pretty upset.

Pence said in the past something like (this isn't exact) "if you throw the ball away and a run scores, you probably shouldn't be focused on the umpires"
He's right, and so was the call.
Shut up Hunter Pence. Choosing to play in San Francisco while they offer you a stupid contract...Hope you lose 90 games next year.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW
I just read the Maddux thing on LSB, I did see that. Maddux said Nolan leaving might have had a little something to do with it. (is that close?)
and I think I noticed the poster you are talking about.

I personally try not to read anything into print press, and that would include what Maddux said about Nolan
Maybe he was just trying to give Nolan a compliment and he didn't mean anything about JD

Oh lord, don't get me started on how things can be manipulated, ESPECIALLY in print.
I'm not saying every article people read is manipulated to suit an agenda, I just think it's wise for people to realize, context can be left out...on purpose.
The whole crazy thing is that the guy didn't even give full context of the quote. That dude is hilariously notorious for cherry picking quotes to support his agenda. You know it's bad when Brad and Adam get sick of it. Don't wanna be on Brad's bad side either. Dude has endless spreadsheets.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. My Alma Mater has to lose in the deep division 3 football playoffs, and I have to support them while they do it. The Cowboys have to be mediocre and I have to watch them do it. The Rangers have to rip my heart out every chance they can get and I am addicted to that pain, so there's that. The Mavs have Dirk, and I've never abandoned my beautiful beautiful Dirk. The Stars I like, but can do without if I must. And that's just the teams I like. That's why I do my best not to watch teams I hate, because that will probably give me cancer or something.

You have a twin
my brother....I have good news, he's older than you and he's mellowed out...now he's just fanatical about football.

"The Rangers have to rip my heart out every chance they can get and I am addicted to that pain, so there's that."
HYSTERICAL...I truly am laughing out loud...and not in the making fun of you sort of way, I think I get it.
Maybe I should be crying?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a twin
my brother....I have good news, he's older than you and he's mellowed out...now he's just fanatical about football.

"The Rangers have to rip my heart out every chance they can get and I am addicted to that pain, so there's that."
HYSTERICAL...I truly am laughing out loud...and not in the making fun of you sort of way, I think I get it.
Maybe I should be crying?
I have a way with words that is both self deprecating and hilarious. It's how I cope. And the only reason I am so big on sports is that I am not married and have no kids. I would never want to be the kind of husband or father that holes up in a "man cave" and ignores the family so I can scream at millionaires. I try to get all the bad habits in my life over before the important stuff happens. Right now I can afford to spend all my emotions on sports.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole crazy thing is that the guy didn't even give full context of the quote. That dude is hilariously notorious for cherry picking quotes to support his agenda. You know it's bad when Brad and Adam get sick of it. Don't wanna be on Brad's bad side either. Dude has endless spreadsheets.

I read it, and Adam I think?... did post the entire quote, but even then, the writer could have left other things out.

I don't believe Maddux intended to imply he was leaving because Nolan was.
or I should say it this way, I don't think he meant to imply anything negative about JD

I mean, seriously they both are famous pitchers...It's easy to imagine there's probably a great deal of mutual respect, they like each other...whatever
and he's a little sad that Nolan is moving on. Maybe that simple

or if you are looking for something...
That means he doesn't like JD and now he's leaving? No, I don't understand how someone could read so much into that.

okay, that's enough....now I am getting mad

Status
Not open for further replies.