• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think gut is emotion. I think it's lack of knowledge.

Disagree. Loyalty is an emotion, and Wash is the epitome. Gut/loyalty are pretty much same-same to me. I think Wash understands the game just fine. It's how he reacts, evaluates, and the decisions he makes which makes us all crazy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I freak out, but I try not to let it impact judgment. Like I can be pissed without saying "cut this guy he sucks."

Well stated and sums it up quite well.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latter is how you end up with Murphy playing over Gentry

good example, I love David Murphy....always been one of my favorites since he arrived,
he sucked this year and should have been nailed to the bench.

there's some emotion and reality, not very difficult to separate

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good example, I love David Murphy....always been one of my favorites since he arrived,

Ever so true.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like LSB for some of the reasons being discussed, you can get some pretty hilarious commentary and emotion over there, but...you also get interesting 'analytical' breakdowns as well.

and no, I don't have an account. Better to be a spectator

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, Wash's biggest problem is separating his emotional tie to a player - Murphy - and the reality this player really hurt the team. I have always thought the managers biggest responsibility was to see the big picture and make decisions based on what was best for the team. Period.

Washington is totally incapable of doing this. It's the reason I'd bagged him already.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like LSB for some of the reasons being discussed, you can get some pretty hilarious commentary and emotion over there, but...you also get interesting 'analytical' breakdowns as well.

and no, I don't have an account. Better to be a spectator
I fit in way too well at LSB...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard enough keeping up with this forum and Newberg report. I don't have the time, energy, and patience for LSB, BBTIA etc.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Wash's biggest problem is separating his emotional tie to a player - Murphy - and the reality this player really hurt the team. I have always thought the managers biggest responsibility was to see the big picture and make decisions based on what was best for the team. Period.

Washington is totally incapable of doing this. It's the reason I'd bagged him already.

Right, but I'm talking about myself, not Wash
in fact, he lost my support this year, mainly because of Murphy...it's unbelievable (to me) still

He certainly wasn't doing the team any favors running Murphy out there game after game, and IMO...instead of it being some 'loyality' love or whatever Wash is thinking, it actually helped put the screws to Murph, who was woefully and obviously struggling.

When a player is struggling that bad, for that long...they lose their position and go to the bench.
Bring them in for blow-outs, for injuries, pinch hit/run.....to pitch (one of the funniest moments of the season)
and maybe during those opportunities, they can turn it around a little

Good luck Murph, wherever you land.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe posters are even here, isn't this football day?

usually goes pretty quiet
:D

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but I'm talking about myself, not Wash
in fact, he lost my support this year, mainly because of Murphy...it's unbelievable (to me) still

He certainly wasn't doing the team any favors running Murphy out there game after game, and IMO...instead of it being some 'loyality' love or whatever Wash is thinking, it actually helped put the screws to Murph, who was woefully and obviously struggling.

When a player is struggling that bad, for that long...they lose their position and go to the bench.
Bring them in for blow-outs, for injuries, pinch hit/run.....to pitch (one of the funniest moments of the season)
and maybe during those opportunities, they can turn it around a little

Good luck Murph, wherever you land.

:agree:.....On all your points!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also feel sentimental about Colby but his arm is gone

I was getting so excited to see him again, and yes it was sentimental...but hopeful he would be effective too.
had it made it back to the 'bump', I'm fairly certain I would have had some water in my eyes.

how's that for sentiment?

What is the latest word, does someone know..... is he even expected to come back and be able to pitch?(effectively) The last few things I read were NOT encouraging, but it's been awhile.
I've seen some things here about his velo, but is that the end-all....
meh, I guess we'll find out

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting so excited to see him again, and yes it was sentimental...but hopeful he would be effective too.
had it made it back to the 'bump', I'm fairly certain I would have had some water in my eyes.

how's that for sentiment?

What is the latest word, does someone know..... is he even expected to come back and be able to pitch?(effectively) The last few things I read were NOT encouraging, but it's been awhile.
I've seen some things here about his velo, but is that the end-all....
meh, I guess we'll find out

Last I read, Colby said he feels better than he has in 3 years and said he felt he could have 2 more productive years. He's never been one to blow smoke. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.