• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy of mine and I couldn't come up but a couple of names where a player has signed a mega contract and it's proven to be beneficial to the team. CC seems like a pretty good one. Maybe the Adrian Gonzalez deal too. But there's few and far between.

I guess it's a little early on the Grienke deal, but he was very good this year

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And therein lies the problem. Would hate to see him turn out to be a very good player somewhere else and with so many years still ahead of him.

therein lies the public quandary. some would dump Kinsler for an a player with an even poorer upside and hope that Profar steps in at 2nd and immediately produces and others would hold on to Elvis and Ian and see what riches a Profar could bring the team.

one other factor to consider is that the Rangers have 2 more potential SS candidates in the minors that will be on the radar in the next couple of years in Sardinas and Hanser

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grienke, Cabrera, Longoria

I realized I forgot Cabrera right after I sent it. But had completely forgotten Longoria. Good call. The jury is still out on Grienke though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
therein lies the public quandary. some would dump Kinsler for an a player with an even poorer upside and hope that Profar steps in at 2nd and immediately produces and others would hold on to Elvis and Ian and see what riches a Profar could bring the team.

one other factor to consider is that the Rangers have 2 more potential SS candidates in the minors that will be on the radar in the next couple of years in Sardinas and Hanser

And Odor at 2nd

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized I forgot Cabrera right after I sent it. But had completely forgotten Longoria. Good call. The jury is still out on Grienke though.

Thing with Longoria is he is a home grown product. He is used to the existing environment which may help a player some than going the free agent route and signing a huge contract in a new environment.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Tigers and Jacoby Ellsbury could be a good fit. Good lord. How can they possibly spend over 100 million on another player? Wouldn't they rather pay Scherzer?

I don't what is going on, but there have been rumors they might be willing to part with Scherzer.

That's almost impossible to believe, but it's been out there.
Now I'm trying to imagine what JD would part with to get Scherzer, even though it still seems crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odor is ranked 3rd on our prospect list.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy of mine and I couldn't come up but a couple of names where a player has signed a mega contract and it's proven to be beneficial to the team. CC seems like a pretty good one. Maybe the Adrian Gonzalez deal too. But there's few and far between.

I thought of another one. Votto

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot him. and some grade Sardinas as possible higher than even Profar

Never read that once anywhere, sardinas is good but I've only read that he is an obviously inferior player to Profar,

don't make stuff to take a stab at a player, that's ludicrous

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is ranked 3rd on our prospect list.

I said years ago that I could see a possible Profar, Andrus, Odor infield someday when Beltre's contract is up

I have much higher expectations for Profar's bat than many once he fills out, i see a lot of Beltre in his future, without some of the power

I see Profar eventually being a 20 HRish guy by time he's 25 and onward

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said years ago that I could see a possible Profar, Andrus, Odor infield someday when Beltre's contract is up

I have much higher expectations for Profar's bat than many once he fills out, i see a lot of Beltre in his future, without some of the power

I see Profar eventually being a 20 HRish guy by time he's 25 and onward

We also have Gallo, who I'm a fan of. I know he strikes out a lot, but his power is off the charts. I doubt he stays a 3B, but who knows.
Those 3 in the IF would be great defensively, but I would worry about the offensive production.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have Gallo, who I'm a fan of. I know he strikes out a lot, but his power is off the charts. I doubt he stays a 3B, but who knows.
Those 3 in the IF would be great defensively, but I would worry about the offensive production.

Elvis produces solid offense, Odor is an offensive 2B and Profar will be solid

I didn't forget about Gallo b/c I'm pretty sure Gallo will probably not be a 3B long term, OF or maybe even 1B but 3B is probably not in his future

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis produces solid offense, Odor is an offensive 2B and Profar will be solid

I didn't forget about Gallo b/c I'm pretty sure Gallo will probably not be a 3B long term, OF or maybe even 1B but 3B is probably not in his future

I was hoping they would play him on the OF last year in the minors because I knew we would have openings in the OF.
By the way....Gig' em

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Longoria is he is a home grown product. He is used to the existing environment which may help a player some than going the free agent route and signing a huge contract in a new environment.

Never considered this. But a decent point.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for the future: Profar at 3rd, EA at SS, Odor @ 2nd and Gallo at first?

Status
Not open for further replies.