• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to move for the night guys. You can get on back to the Mavs, Stars talk.

it has always occurred to me that people who talk sports on sports message boards should expect disagreement and prepared to defend the position. I see a huge upside to profar and I'm not the best fan of all that is Ian Kinsler's game. I tried to say as much and I think this got derailed, least IMO, was posting what profar will not do based on a very, vary small sample size of a highly regarded 20 year old.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

lol...what was I thinking. I'm sure this was just your way of saying 300 seasons and 20 HR's were possible. I'm sorry the opinion troubles you so much.

:agree:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler averages 24 home runs and 26 stolen bases per 162 games. Profar doesn't even hit lead off, so it's not like his bat is expected to be an impact bat. Kinsler might not match 24/26 going forward, but that's not the point. He's over 30 and the other guy is 20. He will have his chances to play, but no one is expecting Profar to match Kinsler's offensive output.

But yeah, I give up for the night. This isn't semantics, this is plain English.

really gotta go but c'mon

averages? I'm talking about the better player going forward for the Texas Rangers.
Worst thing to happen is keep both with Elvis at short again.

we'll see.....I think all your research since he was born is selling him extremely short.

I'm out

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler averages 24 home runs and 26 stolen bases per 162 games. Profar doesn't even hit lead off, so it's not like his bat is expected to be an impact bat. Kinsler might not match 24/26 going forward, but that's not the point. He's over 30 and the other guy is 20. He will have his chances to play, but no one is expecting Profar to match Kinsler's offensive output.

But yeah, I give up for the night. This isn't semantics, this is plain English.

Verga, verga, verga!

But I do, honestly, expect Profar to exceed Kins numbers. And his glove will be terrific.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this what you agree with Donaldson? I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Rangers may keep Moreland at 1st - at least to start the season - and address catching and the corner OF with gusto in the off season.

If you're upper Ranger mgmt (insert JD here), you really, really don't want to be known as the organization that traded Gonzalez, Davis, then gave up Moreland and ???? happened.

It's all fine if you've got a WS stat to drop, but if you don't, then you're fair game, PERIOD.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Rangers may keep Moreland at 1st - at least to start the season - and address catching and the corner OF with gusto in the off season.

If you're upper Ranger mgmt (insert JD here), you really, really don't want to be known as the organization that traded Gonzalez, Davis, then gave up Moreland and ???? happened.

It's all fine if you've got a WS stat to drop, but if you don't, then you're fair game, PERIOD.

That's what I think we'll do too. That whole thing could change if we don't land McCann. I have a feeling the price tag will get higher than JD will pay for him. I also think we'll sign Nelly

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this what you agree with Donaldson? I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

Maybe....why are you being so belligerent?

Jesus Bro.....relax! I swear, I'm not attacking anything you've said.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I think we'll do too. That whole thing could change if we don't land McCann. I have a feeling the price tag will get higher than JD will pay for him. I also think we'll sign Nelly

I agree with ya on both counts.

Unfortunately, catching is such a lost art in the majors now, McCann - even AJ - is now going to dictate money beyond the effing lottery.

Nelly is coming back.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm. I was just going to say that I'm the one that said that.

OK......so we're fine and all that good BS? I come in peace.

I'm here just trying to find some decent, intelligent, dialogue regarding THE team we all are rooting for.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK......so we're fine and all that good BS? I come in peace.

I'm here just trying to find some decent, intelligent, dialogue regarding THE team we all are rooting for.

Yeah, we're cool. I'm just not a big fan of PDay. I don't like when someone puts words in your mouth to defend their statements.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Nelly I would just accept the qualifying offer.

Ya know, it's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I think - semi know - that he loves it here, teammates love him, organization wants him back, etc. But his agent and the Players Association will have some bearing on all of this.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're cool. I'm just not a big fan of PDay. I don't like when someone puts words in your mouth to defend their statements.

Understood....and I do understand.

Me thinks, we all approach "our opinions" a little too magnanimously. But what-the-hell; we are special.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, it's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I think - semi know - that he loves it here, teammates love him, organization wants him back, etc. But his agent and the Players Association will have some bearing on all of this.

I'm hoping he feels guilty and that sways his decision to at least give us another year before hitting the market. It's so hard to predict because money changes everything. It's not like people thought we would go into last off-season hoping or believing we would sign Berkman and AJ. JD is going to have to overpay, otherwise he will lose fans.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he feels guilty and that sways his decision to at least give us another year before hitting the market. It's so hard to predict because money changes everything. It's not like people thought we would go into last off-season hoping or believing we would sign Berkman and AJ. JD is going to have to overpay, otherwise he will lose fans.

AJ worked out so much better than I would've ever have guessed. That said, I don't want him back. I'd go with Soto as the main man in "today's game" and then get another back up. So, I'm advocating a backup to backup the backup.....let's be clear.

And Berkman....JD....my man...you messed up BIG TIME.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ worked out so much better than I would've ever have guessed. That said, I don't want him back. I'd go with Soto as the main man in "today's game" and then get another back up. So, I'm advocating a backup to backup the backup.....let's be clear.

And Berkman....JD....my man...you messed up BIG TIME.

We're on the same page. I just said yesterday, or the day before, I could see us going with Soto and maybe Navarro. Using the remaining money to fill other positions. Soto has the power to hit 20+ a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.