• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now there you go again with a stupid statement and pulling the tag team act.

what did I say profar would become? Enlighten me instead of talking out your ass. I know you said tops 270 hitter and your buddy said 16 HR tops. Tell me again who said what Profar will become?

20 years old with big time talent at a desirable position in baseball. If he is packaged for a deal that sure fire helps the rangers become a better team then I'm down.

beside YOU saying what Profar will never do. What else you got? Smart guy would move on and not get his panties bunched because his opinion is questioned. I tend to get a little bent when someone is pulling it outta their ass saying what a 20 year with top end talent will never do just to depress another opinion.

sure buddy....you make all the sense

It was funny because you said I made little to KNOW sense, not little to no sense. It's even funnier that you didn't see the humor in it. Again, I never said he would hit .270 tops. I don't know why you keep saying I did.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny because you said I made little to KNOW sense, not little to no sense. It's even funnier that you didn't see the humor in it. Again, I never said he would hit .270 tops. I don't know why you keep saying I did.

but I saw it and thought it was childish.
I tend to look at the sports statements

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to continue to have what you're saying is a baseball discussion when you continue to put words in my mouth. I never put a limit on what Profar could do, like you said I did. I simply stated my opinion on where I stand with him.

As I said around a week ago....I'm fine with moving either of them, as long as we don't keep them both, and ruin Profar's value any more than we already did by moving him all over. The decision needs to be made this off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now there you go again with a stupid statement and pulling the tag team act.

what did I say profar would become? Enlighten me instead of talking out your ass. I know you said tops 270 hitter and your buddy said 16 HR tops. Tell me again who said what Profar will become?

20 years old with big time talent at a desirable position in baseball. If he is packaged for a deal that sure fire helps the rangers become a better team then I'm down.

beside YOU saying what Profar will never do. What else you got? Smart guy would move on and not get his panties bunched because his opinion is questioned. I tend to get a little bent when someone is pulling it outta their ass saying what a 20 year with top end talent will never do just to depress another opinion.

sure buddy....you make all the sense

Lord help me, I cannot resist. You haven't, because you are sitting on the fence, while others, including myself, are not afraid to actually put out some rationally based projections. No one is saying what he will become, but you keep saying we are. We are saying things that just are not possible based on all available data about the guy from the beginning of his life until now. You don't just magically grow into Barry Bonds in this era without a lot of unnatural help.30 homers is so unlikely I feel it's unnecessary to mention. He doesn't have the kind of speed needed to be a 30 steal guy either, and that isn't a magic 8 ball prediction. That is understanding you don't just find some 5th gear that you've never shown in your entire life out of nowhere. So please go ahead and talk about how my opinion is noted and blame it on the circle jerk.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord help me, I cannot resist. You haven't, because you are sitting on the fence, while others, including myself, are not afraid to actually put out some rationally based projections. No one is saying what he will become, but you keep saying we are. We are saying things that just are not possible based on all available data about the guy from the beginning of his life until now. You don't just magically grow into Barry Bonds in this era without a lot of unnatural help.30 homers is so unlikely I feel it's unnecessary to mention. He doesn't have the kind of speed needed to be a 30 steal guy either, and that isn't a magic 8 ball prediction. That is understanding you don't just find some 5th gear that you've never shown in your entire life out of nowhere. So please go ahead and talk about how my opinion is noted and blame it on the circle jerk.

that's bull shit
You said he would NEVER hit more than 16 HR's....do I really need to pull the post?

your buddy clearly said Profar won't hit higher than 270.

why is that?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol....really?

Me? I'm making statements based on what I know about the game of baseball from many years.

tell me again why that upsets you so much

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry....never said 30/30 was in Profar's future. I did say he will hit more than 16 HR's in a season and I also think he'll hit higher than 270. Baserunning is many times more than speed. I think he can get 15 bases, maybe 20. I never said 30/30 was the measuring stick to being a better overall player than Kinsler. Why is 30/30 the measuring stick? You think Kinsler will pull that again? I don't, can't see it from the last two seasons and 2 of 8 is not the norm

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's bull shit
You said he would NEVER hit more than 16 HR's....do I really need to pull the post?

why is that?

No I didn't jack ass. I said "he has proven nothing, and is still just a kid with potential at this point. I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him as about a .270 guy."

That was my exact quote. I NEVER SAID HE WOULDN'T HIT HIGHER THAN .270

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's bull shit

why is that?
You should probably understand the difference between the word ceiling and never. Profar's ceiling is 15 home runs, and that means the most home runs he's likely to hit per year is 15. Players have outlier seasons and surpass their ceilings. That has never meant the word NEVER. I said he will never match Kinsler's best years of 30/30 production.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So please go ahead and talk about how my opinion is noted and blame it on the circle jerk"

questions?

I do think there are many quality baseball opinions found on this board and thankfully they aren't all in this circle jerk club.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't jack ass. I said "he has proven nothing, and is still just a kid with potential at this point. I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him as about a .270 guy.

I NEVER SAID HE WOULDN'T HIT HIGHER THAN .270

sit your clown ass down
you made the statement and you're an idiot

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit your clown ass down
you made the statement and you're an idiot

questions?

I do think there are many quality baseball opinions found on this board and thankfully they aren't all in this circle jerk club.

Are you trying to troll? I honestly don't get it at this point. If you are, that's fine, but just admit it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should probably understand the difference between the word ceiling and never. Profar's ceiling is 15 home runs, and that means the most home runs he's likely to hit per year is 15. Players have outlier seasons and surpass their ceilings. That has never meant the word NEVER. I said he will never match Kinsler's best years of 30/30 production.

whats with the word semantics?

I never said 30/30 was the end all for Profar to have the better career.

two years of swing for HR's with a 250 average is not the benchmark

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to troll? I honestly don't get it at this point. If you are, that's fine, but just admit it.

you entered this discussion talking how you avoid me and magic 8 balls.

I've been on message boards long enough to assure you I'm no troll.
It is funny you ask the question.
30/30 is the benchmark.....funny

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

lol...what was I thinking. I'm sure this was just your way of saying 300 seasons and 20 HR's were possible. I'm sorry the opinion troubles you so much.

six or half a dozen?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you entered this discussion talking how you avoid me and magic 8 balls.

I've been on message boards long enough to assure you I'm no troll.
It is funny you ask the question.
30/30 is the benchmark.....funny
Kinsler averages 24 home runs and 26 stolen bases per 162 games. Profar doesn't even hit lead off, so it's not like his bat is expected to be an impact bat. Kinsler might not match 24/26 going forward, but that's not the point. He's over 30 and the other guy is 20. He will have his chances to play, but no one is expecting Profar to match Kinsler's offensive output.

But yeah, I give up for the night. This isn't semantics, this is plain English.

Status
Not open for further replies.