• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We" is the Ranger organization, and it's fanbase. I never said anything about what Profar will become. I said he hit .230 last year, which makes me question his ability at the plate in the near future.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Ian will ever be a 30/30 guy again. Again, what I have seen from Profar is in the numbers. I see a .230 average. He has proven nothing and is still just a kid with potential at this point. I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are trying to upgrade the offense, and Profar doesn't do that"

is that the ranger organization or it's fanbase talking?

lol....so let me understand this. After last year, you see 20 year old Profar as a 270 hitter tops? I don't have to put words in your mouth. You define what I'm talking about here.

thankfully you don't speak for anyone but yourself....just like me.

You asked why and all you came back with was last year as the indicator and IMO, last year wasn't good for kinsler.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol....so let me understand this. After last year, you see 20 year old Profar as a 270 hitter tops? I don't have to put words in your mouth. You define what I'm talking about here.

You asked why and all you came back with was last year as the indicator and IMO, last year wasn't good for kinsler.

I agree. And to put much emphasis on Profar's stats last year is way over reaching. (1) He shouldn't have even been in the majors, at any position. (2) To move a 20 year old SS all over the hell, including 1 cameo in LF was absurd. (3) Several MLB scouts say Profar should be a .280 type hitter, with 15+ HR pop. Granted, I don't think it'll be next season, but it's coming. Just maybe not with us.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure the fanbase and the organization both want to upgrade the offense. That's my opinion on what kind of player Profar will be. You think he's ready to take over now. That's where I disagree. Last year is all we have. He didn't hit very well in the minors either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you read or is this your way of arguing, making up what the other says as you go? I never said he would be a .270 hitter tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take it easy Francis, I've been more than happy to discuss Butler

and ahhh, he's atrocious defensively

Then don't bitch when you don't like whats being discussed without bringing something new to talk about

Hyperbole, the numbers from the only 2 years he played there full time disagree, below average? yes... atrocious? no

That said its been a while, and he's probably pretty bad now as he doesn't get much opportunity there anymore... but I'm certainly not advocating he play there any extended period of time

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers signed right-hander Kyle Lotzkar and lefty Aaron Poreda to minor league deals, according to the latest minor league transactions report from Baseball America's Matt Eddy (which contains many more minor transactions). Lotzkar, 23, was released by the Reds in September. A former supplemental-round pick, Lotzkar was said by Baseball America to have some of the best stuff in the Reds' organization, but he's battled through Tommy John surgery and a stress fracture in his elbow in recent years. Though his 8.05 ERA in the minors this season was alarming, he whiffed 41 batters in 38 innings and has a career 10.5 K/9.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers signed right-hander Kyle Lotzkar and lefty Aaron Poreda to minor league deals, according to the latest minor league transactions report from Baseball America's Matt Eddy (which contains many more minor transactions). Lotzkar, 23, was released by the Reds in September. A former supplemental-round pick, Lotzkar was said by Baseball America to have some of the best stuff in the Reds' organization, but he's battled through Tommy John surgery and a stress fracture in his elbow in recent years. Though his 8.05 ERA in the minors this season was alarming, he whiffed 41 batters in 38 innings and has a career 10.5 K/9.

organizational filler, with some upside

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read or is this your way of arguing, making up what the other says as you go? I never said he would be a .270 hitter tops.
Yeah, I pretty much just let him be now. It didn't make much sense to reply to posts about magic 8 balls and ass whips.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

lol...what was I thinking. I'm sure this was just your way of saying 300 seasons and 20 HR's were possible. I'm sorry the opinion troubles you so much.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre is the only finalist for GG award. I love Adrian, but of all seasons for him to be a GG finalist and not Elvis....cmon. You guys are doing it wrong. More reasons to not put stock in the GG.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I pretty much just let him be now. It didn't make much sense to reply to posts about magic 8 balls and ass whips.

funny.....what was it you said? Profar would hit 15/16 HR's tops. Yes Sir, that's magic 8 ball stuff right there talking. As is 270 tops for an average.

You two seem to know what Profar is from last season with no regards to the age and last two seasons kinsler has had. I laugh at statements like profar will never equal kinsler offense, but I'm the bad guy. Well......I'm most good with that cause I sure don't see the astute baseball statement coming from this Kinsler camp.

you're right rev....it's proven that you should just read the posts on many occasions and maybe chime in with a cheer every now and then when you buddy makes little to know sense on what a guy like Profar will become....but then again, 16 HR's tops???

:wtf2:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I do expect him to hit better given a full time spot, but I honestly see him at about a .270 guy"

lol...what was I thinking. I'm sure this was just your way of saying 300 seasons and 20 HR's were possible. I'm sorry the opinion troubles you so much.

I can see him fluctuating over his career at around .270. I never said anything about him possibly topping out at .270. It's just my opinion. I'm not as big on Profar as some. I hope I'm wrong, unless we trade him, then he can swing for the Mendoza line.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev, did you ever go on the old ESPN Mavs boards and see the guy that was obsessed over Roddy B? This guy kinda reminds me of him. AwesomeHasaface was his name, I think

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev, did you ever go on the old ESPN Mavs boards and see the guy that was obsessed over Roddy B? This guy kinda reminds me of him. AwesomeHasaface was his name, I think
I stayed away from Mavs boards for the most part, but I do remember the free roddy B people. I stopped caring about the NBA once Dirk won a title. He was the only reason I watched in the first place. Is Roddy still around?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed away from Mavs boards for the most part, but I do remember the free roddy B people. I stopped caring about the NBA once Dirk won a title. He was the only reason I watched in the first place. Is Roddy still around?

No, we let him go. I don't even think he has a job right now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we let him go. I don't even think he has a job right now.
OT: That's good news. Btw I like the idea of Dalembert, Blair, and Wright (when he is healthy). I like Brandan a lot, but that shoulder injury is disheartening.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: That's good news. Btw I like the idea of Dalembert, Blair, and Wright (when he is healthy). I like Brandan a lot, but that shoulder injury is disheartening.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of BWright. He scores with ease, and he wanted to stay a Mav. You gotta love that. The Monta/Dirk pick and roll has looked really good. That leaves Calderon open also. He led the NBA in 3pt % last year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay: "makes little to know sense on what a guy like Profar will become...."

ha ha.

now there you go again with a stupid statement and pulling the tag team act.

what did I say profar would become? Enlighten me instead of talking out your ass. I know you said tops 270 hitter and your buddy said 16 HR tops. Tell me again who said what Profar will become?

20 years old with big time talent at a desirable position in baseball. If he is packaged for a deal that sure fire helps the rangers become a better team then I'm down.

beside YOU saying what Profar will never do. What else you got? Smart guy would move on and not get his panties bunched because his opinion is questioned. I tend to get a little bent when someone is pulling it outta their ass saying what a 20 year with top end talent will never do just to depress another opinion.

sure buddy....you make all the sense

Status
Not open for further replies.