• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's contract won't look that bad after Cano gets signed. Kins will be attractive to teams that cannot afford Cano, but want more out of a 2B. I think it's very realistic. Taking Kins wouldn't be desperate. It probably won't happen, but I think it's both feasibly and positive for both clubs. Kins did play college at Mizzou, so it's not like he would be a foreigner to the area or anything.

I can give you about a 99% chance they do not want to spend that kind of money on Kinsler.
They have other needs they'd like to fill, that comes first.

This came from Lonestar ball as you mentioned, I get the idea
but they aren't going to spend that money on Kinsler Rev.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can give you about a 99% chance they do not want to spend that kind of money on Kinsler.
They have other needs they'd like to fill, that comes first.

This came from Lonestar ball as you mentioned, I get the idea
but they aren't going to spend that money on Kinsler Rev.
Then they aren't going to compete for anything. Small market or not, they will be a shitty franchise for years to come if they won't spend money to stay competitive. Kinsler's contract is not that bad when compared to the market for 2B. Cano's asking price totally changed my outlook on that contract.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's contract won't look that bad after Cano gets signed. Kins will be attractive to teams that cannot afford Cano, but want more out of a 2B. I think it's very realistic. Taking Kins wouldn't be desperate. It probably won't happen, but I think it's both feasibly and positive for both clubs. Kins did play college at Mizzou, so it's not like he would be a foreigner to the area or anything.

Rev....sorry buddy, but for you to mention Cano and Kinsler in the same sentence is just not right. Kinsler's contract sucks now, is going to suck tomorrow, period, IMO. I don't give a flying rat's ass who/how you compare it, Kins contract is not a good one. Cano's contract may be A-Rodish in the future, but for now, he's the man-among-men at 2nd base.

Kins is an average second baseman defensively and getting worse by the season. Perhaps the same can be said offensively. Plus, he's making a lot of money.

JD, maybe screwed up on this one. Maybe?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they aren't going to compete for anything. Small market or not, they will be a shitty franchise for years to come if they won't spend money to stay competitive. Kinsler's contract is not that bad when compared to the market for 2B. Cano's asking price totally changed my outlook on that contract.

I know his contract is okay when you look around the league at other 2nds.
That's not my point,
clearly I'm trying to explain to you that's not where they are looking to spend a lot of money, and it is a lot of money for Kinsler.

Look, for me personally it's a win win. If Butler returns to form, Profar can hit....my team gets better on paper.
AND as a Kinsler fan, we could take a relatively short drive to watch him play.
We get front seats at Kauffman right next to the visitor dugout for a farily decent price almost any time we want them.
That's typically how I catch Ranger games, at Kauffman, unless we fly down...we will fly down next season, we couldn't last season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev....sorry buddy, but for you to mention Cano and Kinsler in the same sentence is just not right. Kinsler's contract sucks now, is going to suck tomorrow, period, IMO. I don't give a flying rat's ass who/how you compare it, Kins contract is not a good one. Cano's contract may be A-Rodish in the future, but for now, he's the man-among-men at 2nd base.

Kins is an average second baseman defensively and getting worse by the season. Perhaps the same can be said offensively. Plus, he's making a lot of money.

JD, maybe screwed up on this one. Maybe?

Cano will get a lot more money than Kinsler, that's what Rev meant

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano will get a lot more money than Kinsler, that's what Rev meant
I am only talking about money spent for production. Kinsler's deal isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's still a sizable chunk of change. This isn't a Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez being picked up by the dodgers situation though.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only talking about money spent for production. Kinsler's deal isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's still a sizable chunk of change. This isn't a Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez being picked up by the dodgers situation though.

I agree, his contract is not the failure some would like to think

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler is starting to look like he has more to prove than Butler, Kinsler has more negative outlier seasons than Butler has had in the last 5 years, Butler just happened to have his last year

How do you compare a position player with a guy that is so bad defensively, he's already a DH at his age?

Kinsler can lay down his glove tomorrow, he's already proven he's a better player than Butler.

it doesn't matter, we aren't trading Kinsler for Butler....someone else maybe, but not Butler
okay "since certainty freaks you guys out" 99% chance it doesn't happen

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you compare a position player with a guy that is so bad defensively, he's already a DH at his age?

Kinsler can lay down his glove tomorrow, he's already proven he's a better player than Butler.

it doesn't matter, we aren't trading Kinsler for Butler....someone else maybe, but not Butler
okay "since certainty freaks you guys out" 99% chance it doesn't happen
You realize that my one suggestion brought this board to life for 2-3 days. People we need more of this rational based speculation. It spurs on good conversation. And not the silly kind where it's just arguing and hiding behind opinions.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that my one suggestion brought this board to life for 2-3 days. People we need more of this rational based speculation. It spurs on good conversation. And not the silly kind where it's just arguing and hiding behind opinions.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

absolutely granted, we had something to talk about. But after pages of something so unlikely to happen, ya know.

and that works towards my point, if the discussion is going to be about trading Kinsler, what other teams are we thinking?

and what about Kinsler's partial no trade clause, no one seems to want to touch that

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add, Butler has never hit 30 HR's in a season, he can't run, he can't play a position....but Kinsler has more to prove?

Nah he doesn't have more to prove.
and I'm fully aware that Kinsler will probably never hit 30 again.

I actually have nothing against Butler, and wish there was a trade that could snag him

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get Butler on another trade (I'm still confused on why they want to trade Butler, but whatever)
anyway, if you get Butler with someone else, get Nelly on a one year maybe, put him back in right
that certainly helps the power outage

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I brought up Butler first as a DH, and KC making him available. Then you said someone said something about the possibility of trading Kinsler for him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-22-13: 4:44 pm.
Billy Butler could be an option at DH. The Royals are ready to listen to offers. I've always liked his bat, but he's just so damn slow. Could be a back-up plan though. I'd rather re-sign Nelly or Morales, without having to give up anyone.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-22-13: 4:44 pm.
Billy Butler could be an option at DH. The Royals are ready to listen to offers. I've always liked his bat, but he's just so damn slow. Could be a back-up plan though. I'd rather re-sign Nelly or Morales, without having to give up anyone.

I'm trying to figure out why they put him on the block? He's still one of their best hitters, not expensive...I just find it strange....than I get a little worried there's something they know, that no one else does (speculation obviously)

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out why they put him on the block? He's still one of their best hitters, not expensive...I just find it strange....than I get a little worried there's something they know, that no one else does (speculation obviously)

Who knows. They could just be putting out feelers.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, My Dad said Beltran was the biggest baby he's ever seen when were talking about him recently. I was asking, because my interest in Beltran has picked up. So, he said was a big baby, but certainly no complaints about his production.

He's rushed to the hospital after hitting the fence, and back in the game tonight
lololol

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. They could just be putting out feelers.

yeah, good possibility...and you want to talk about a fan favorites? he's way up there.
they just don't have a lot of hitters
meh, Royals....they are a little goofy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, good possibility...and you want to talk about a fan favorites? he's way up there.
they just don't have a lot of hitters
meh, Royals....they are a little goofy.

I've always like Beltran, but I just don't see us signing him. I saw somewhere that they were predicting Choo to get 6/100. I'm not interested in that either. I doubt he gets that much though. We might have to trade for our COF. There's so many possibilities. I just don't want him to miss out on everyone again. We have the money, so use it. JD needs to reassure the fans that he's got this under control. Otherwise, attendance will be under 3 million next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.