• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and root for Nap and Dempster to get a ring, not going to watch much

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch Hamilton quit? The fans were tired of his act. Ryan leaving wont hurt the club IMO

well that's fine. Flip a coin on who was a fan favorite, but Daniels should have no pressure improving this team cause a player is liked by many. It's a business.

and...IMO, Ryan leaving with regards to hurting this team as yet to be determined. I know below 500 baseball won't sell and the combination of being Ryan's first year out is sure doom with fans because of their options of all that Ryan was to the Rangers. That is pressure, no matter how you spin Ryan's value in Texas.

besides....I think Daniels will look hard at all options to best improve this team and a fan favorite should be the least of his concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've shown a willingness to spend money in recent years, and for a franchise that took a big leap forward this year, being able to improve one of their biggest weaknesses by spending some money and losing Butler might just be a little appealing

Kinsler (counting his option) is being paid 69 million over the next 5 years and Butler offsets that by about 20.5 million over the next 2 (also counting his option)

Just playing Devil's Advocate

i just see this as a downgrade when the team is looking for an upgrade. Butler & Profar together aren't going to replace Ian's offense and the last thing this team needs is another Berkman sitting on the bench contributing nothing defensively to the team.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT
but I had to laugh at this, I do find this a little interesting. I pulled the link from the WS thread
since it's highly unlikely any of us Ranger fans have a dog in this hunt...

Cardinals Minor Leaguer Thinks Jon Lester Is A Cheater

What say thee fellow Ranger fans?
Do you think it's vaseline? I must admit, I'm suspicious, but in the end I don't really care....again just curious what others think

Would Lester do that with so many cameras on him?

I think it's vaseline, I really do. Doesn't matter to me in the end. Don't really care. But wow, just watch it....whatever it is, he's taking a swipe at it his with his fingers.
lol!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just see this as a downgrade when the team is looking for an upgrade. Butler & Profar together aren't going to replace Ian's offense and the last thing this team needs is another Berkman sitting on the bench contributing nothing defensively to the team.

I really don't see the big upgrade, and agree if Butler doesn't return to form (which I grant, he should) it's a loser deal
IMO

at least with Cruz Dhing, he's an extra Corner if needed

Get a corner and a catcher, resign Cruz. I don't like trading for a DH only....once again

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler & Profar together aren't going to replace Ian's offense"

you seem so sure of yourself scotty.
What did you see from Profar last season that says he won't hit higher than 273 for his career? Is the sample size for this 20 year old enough to label the kid? It's funny that you think the same kid who won't do so many things is also talented enough to land David Price in Texas.

:suds:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler and Profar would exceed Kinsler's offensive production, Butler does that by himself

And its not that berkman contributed nothing defensively that hurt us, its that he contributed nothing offensively

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
162 game averages, which Butler actually comes close to on a regular basis (averaging 160 games over the last five seasons.)

Top is Kinsler, bottom is Butler, forgot to include the stat headers, but you should be able to figure it out

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.16.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.16.15 AM.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.16.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.16.42 AM.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 28

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and last time Butler regularly played defense he wasn't terrible, he doesn't play 1B now b/c there's no reason to with Hosmer around

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler and Profar would exceed Kinsler's offensive production, Butler does that by himself

And its not that berkman contributed nothing defensively that hurt us, its that he contributed nothing offensively

okay i'll rephrase it. it is a lateral move it accomplishes nothing as far as improving the team offense. until we've addressed the offensive shortcomings of last season this is does nothing. removing Kinsler and adding Butler is pretty much a wash but Profar hasn't shown that he can handle ML pitching yet and we already have Martin struggling at the plate so then we have 2 suspect bats in the lineup.

i'd rather see us address C and COF/DH(with one player) first.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and last time Butler regularly played defense he wasn't terrible, he doesn't play 1B now b/c there's no reason to with Hosmer around

okay i understand that but why are we suddenly so hot to unload Kinsler. has he become the new Michael Young?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it mean to anyone/everyone that Profar is set to play "strictly" at SS in the winter league? I'm thinking he is going to be moved if at all possible. Something has gotta give with this middle infield situation.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay i understand that but why are we suddenly so hot to unload Kinsler. has he become the new Michael Young?

In terms of "who would you rather trade.....Profar, Elvis or Kinsler".... yes.

I look to move Kinsler.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler & Profar together aren't going to replace Ian's offense"

you seem so sure of yourself scotty.
What did you see from Profar last season that says he won't hit higher than 273 for his career? Is the sample size for this 20 year old enough to label the kid? It's funny that you think the same kid who won't do so many things is also talented enough to land David Price in Texas.

:suds:

He won't land Price alone, not even close, so that doesn't hold water. His .230 AVG doesn't help.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he's not Michael Young. Most here are probably just thinking salary dump to spend on other positions.

If Kinsler doesn't want to be traded, it might be a little tricky, he does have a partial no-trade clause....so I guess he and his agent/whoever try and figure out where JD would trade him to and those teams go on the list.
On the other hand, maybe he's willing to go because he wants to play at 2nd
who knows

They might trade EA for all we know. HIGHLY unlikely...it's the return that matters

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see the big upgrade, and agree if Butler doesn't return to form (which I grant, he should) it's a loser deal
IMO

at least with Cruz Dhing, he's an extra Corner if needed

Get a corner and a catcher, resign Cruz. I don't like trading for a DH only....once again

Choo/Beltran, McCann, and Cruz.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it mean to anyone/everyone that Profar is set to play "strictly" at SS in the winter league? I'm thinking he is going to be moved if at all possible. Something has gotta give with this middle infield situation.

don't know what to make off that, but knowing JD, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.