• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't hate Kinsler, although i wish he would lose that upper cut swing. but anyone who thinks he would be able to shift to 1st base is crazy. he is a 2nd baseman end of subject

no kidding....I prefer more from 1B than 270 with 15 dingers. I'd rather roll with Moreland another year than Ian at 1B.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I think most can agree that Profar and Ian in Texas next season is a bad deal and one will be moved.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding....I prefer more from 1B than 270 with 15 dingers. I'd rather roll with Moreland another year than Ian at 1B.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I think most can agree that Profar and Ian in Texas next season is a bad deal and one will be moved.

and as i've said before it is Profar who would bring the better deal than Kinsler. Profar and prospects could bring us David Price, what would Kinsler bring us?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as i've said before it is Profar who would bring the better deal than Kinsler. Profar and prospects could bring us David Price, what would Kinsler bring us?

and as you've said?
LOL....Don't be threatened by a different opinion scotty. You're better than this boards clink....least once upon a time you were. Keep thinking David Price....might happen, might not. Way to early to say

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as you've said?
LOL....Don't be threatened by a different opinion scotty. You're better than this boards clink....least once upon a time you were. Keep thinking David Price....might happen, might not. Way to early to say

not threaten and didn't mean to give you that impression. it is just that there are few teams that would be willing to take on Kinsler's 5 year $67M contract and give us anything of real value in return. someone mentioned the Dodgers but they don't have much left in their farm system and they aren't going to give us any of their core players so what do they give us?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it'd be good for Mitch to go play winter ball down in the islands. Just let him bat everyday and get into a groove and raise his confidence. I'm not opposed to seeing Mitch another season at first if there aren't a ton of other options out there. I still think and say Mitch will be a very solid and good player for a long time for someone. I just hope it's with us.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it'd be good for Mitch to go play winter ball down in the islands. Just let him bat everyday and get into a groove and raise his confidence. I'm not opposed to seeing Mitch another season at first if there aren't a ton of other options out there. I still think and say Mitch will be a very solid and good player for a long time for someone. I just hope it's with us.
Hope Mitch finds his bat. Would like to see him play for us but will understand if JD thinks otherwise. It's not like Mitch hasn't been give a fair chance to produce. Maybe it will work out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Mitch finds his bat. Would like to see him play for us but will understand if JD thinks otherwise. It's not like Mitch hasn't been give a fair chance to produce. Maybe it will work out.

have to agree

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure that Mitch will be a solid and good player and we sure gave him the opportunity this year. If he remains a Ranger I would love to be proven wrong. I really expected a lot more from him this year. Far from being a clutch hitter.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's still going to take a lot more than Profar. He is in high demand, and it will take Profar, Odor, Gallo + another. They would probably ask for Perez also (I think he will be off the table). I don't want Price at that cost. Pitching is not our weakness.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that Mitch will be a solid and good player and we sure gave him the opportunity this year. If he remains a Ranger I would love to be proven wrong. I really expected a lot more from him this year. Far from being a clutch hitter.

I'm not sure hat Mitch wasn't playing hurt for most of they year. He was really playing well before he got hurt.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not threaten and didn't mean to give you that impression. it is just that there are few teams that would be willing to take on Kinsler's 5 year $67M contract and give us anything of real value in return. someone mentioned the Dodgers but they don't have much left in their farm system and they aren't going to give us any of their core players so what do they give us?

I mentioned the Dodgers, and they would trade Kemp, or Ethier. It just depends if you're willing to take the risk on him.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't hate Kinsler, although i wish he would lose that upper cut swing. but anyone who thinks he would be able to shift to 1st base is crazy. he is a 2nd baseman end of subject

It was Jon Daniels that asked Kinsler to move last offseason....that's where the talk of him moving comes from

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw was offered 300 million earlier this year by the Dodgers...wow. Why did he not take that instantly. It might still happen though.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw was offered 300 million earlier this year by the Dodgers...wow. Why did he not take that instantly. It might still happen though.

only thing that makes sense....He didn't want to commit to the Dodgers for that long

:noidea:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please win Tigers so I have someone to root for in this damn Series

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing that makes sense....He didn't want to commit to the Dodgers for that long

:noidea:
Or he didn't want to negotiate mid season. That makes sense to me. I don't think I could ever tell someone "Hey let me talk to you in a few months about that" when they are willing to give me 300 million dollars.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please win Tigers so I have someone to root for in this damn Series
Wish I had someone to root for b/c if it can't be the Rangers I just don't care. But I hope you get the tigers to root for.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had someone to root for b/c if it can't be the Rangers I just don't care. But I hope you get the tigers to root for.
Just want the whole shebang over with. When do pitchers and catchers meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.